SuprBay: The PirateBay Forum

Full Version: (Request) JaboodyShow Movie Dub Commentaries
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(Feb 18, 2024, 02:52 am)tripletap006 Wrote: [ -> ]Arggghhh HBO Max had these guys watch a slightly different version than what's widely available...enough to where it ends up being 26 seconds off by the end.  But it's all good now (shout out to Shadowme a few pages back for pointing me to the site that has what different versions have censored/cut). And at the end, slightly upgraded visualizer going forward.  

At any rate, it's 2005's Charlie and the Chocolate Factory...added to the stash!

Jaboody Stash

[Image: ksSkEak.jpg]

No problem tripletap006, glad it helped and much appreciated!
Thanks as always Tripletap! They used to be so good about doing the most widely available version of the movies, I don't know why they don't as much anymore.
When there's different versions of movies it's pretty obvious where and why movies go out of synch. What I don't get is sometimes I used to come across a movie where it just gradually went out of synch. They were movies where I knew there was no deleted scenes or anything but it was like my copy was playing at 1x speed and theirs was playing at 0.95 speed. So every couple of minutes or so I'd have to pause my copy for them to catch up. I definitely remember Street Fighter being like this and one of those Deathstalker movies. It was 100 times more annoying than having an extended addition because it's easy to just pause their dub 3 or 4 times throughout a movie where the extra scenes were inserted.

So yeah as always thanks a ton for your work in finding the right copies and synching them for us Trips.
Damn. I found the same prob really early on. I dont know whats up with HBO and why they edited their version so differently. It took me four or five times editing it for me. I got a couple of the edits almost perfectly too on the first try. I tell you what. If I never see this movie again I wont mind. lol I have seen it about 5 times in a day. I figured that was what you got hit with, TripleTap. lol Good job. You're work is always pro.
(Feb 18, 2024, 03:45 am)JabootyBot Wrote: [ -> ]When there's different versions of movies it's pretty obvious where and why movies go out of synch. What I don't get is sometimes I used to come across a movie where it just gradually went out of synch. They were movies where I knew there was no deleted scenes or anything but it was like my copy was playing at 1x speed and theirs was playing at 0.95 speed. So every couple of minutes or so I'd have to pause my copy for them to catch up. I definitely remember Street Fighter being like this and one of those Deathstalker movies. It was 100 times more annoying than having an extended addition because it's easy to just pause their dub 3 or 4 times throughout a movie where the extra scenes were inserted.

So yeah as always thanks a ton for your work in finding the right copies and synching them for us Trips.

FYI, when its a very small but equally gradual desync like that you should check the framerate using mediainfo. A lot of times when you run into that issue one of the source videos is 24fps and the other one is 23.976fps, for instance the official Child's Play 4K UHDs are 24fps while the Jaboody syncs here are 23.976fps, so you need to open the jaboody audio using audacity and change tempo +0.1% (23.976 audio + 0.1% = new 24fps audio) and then re-sync the beginning to the official release audio timing. Same thing vice versa, you would just need to adjust the jaboody audio either + or - the 0.1% depending on which ever source audio is faster

Even worse, if you are using PAL DVDs or movie files (25fps), then we are talking about a +4.096% change which is very obvious
Triple T always showing up with the goodness, thanks a lot dude
(Feb 18, 2024, 11:47 am)billythefist Wrote: [ -> ]
(Feb 18, 2024, 03:45 am)JabootyBot Wrote: [ -> ]When there's different versions of movies it's pretty obvious where and why movies go out of synch. What I don't get is sometimes I used to come across a movie where it just gradually went out of synch. They were movies where I knew there was no deleted scenes or anything but it was like my copy was playing at 1x speed and theirs was playing at 0.95 speed. So every couple of minutes or so I'd have to pause my copy for them to catch up. I definitely remember Street Fighter being like this and one of those Deathstalker movies. It was 100 times more annoying than having an extended addition because it's easy to just pause their dub 3 or 4 times throughout a movie where the extra scenes were inserted.

FYI, when its a very small but equally gradual desync like that you should check the framerate using mediainfo. A lot of times when you run into that issue one of the source videos is 24fps and the other one is 23.976fps, for instance the official Child's Play 4K UHDs are 24fps while the Jaboody syncs here are 23.976fps, so you need to open the jaboody audio using audacity and change tempo +0.1% (23.976 audio + 0.1% = new 24fps audio) and then re-sync the beginning to the official release audio timing. Same thing vice versa, you would just need to adjust the jaboody audio either + or - the 0.1% depending on which ever source audio is faster

Even worse, if you are using PAL DVDs or movie files (25fps), then we are talking about a +4.096% change which is very obvious

Yes!  They did exactly this a TON in the beginning and I absolutely thought I was losing my mind...that little bit always ended up making a difference.  

But yes, I never want to watch this movie ever again!  And I'll give the boys a pass on this one, I blame HBO this time.
Thanks a lot for that insight Billy and Trips. Yeah because I'm in NZ a bunch of my movies would be in PAL. Kind of funny to think that we're sometimes watching movies that are in slightly slower or faster motion but it's normally impossible to tell.

Watched half of this movie last night and fell asleep. No idea why they considered it but I guess they can't all be winners right.
-
Well it ended up taking me three nights of falling asleep to get through Willy Wanka. I'm not much of a movie watcher these days outside of watching Jaboody dubs. I mentioned once how I restarted watching every one of their dubs when I stumbled across this board. This was well before I actually started posting here and it feels like it's going to take the rest of my life to get through them all... 91 down 186 to go. Plus a new upload to watch each week. After getting through Wonka I decided to watch E.T which is one of my favourite dubs of theirs. Rewatching their older dubs it really dawned on me how much they used to do actual in character dubs compared to these days where it's a lot of reaction commentary to what's happening. Not that I dislike what they do now but there's really nothing that beats their dubs of E.T(Biiiiiiiiiiiiiitch), Gremlins(Three fucking rules, Rayray! Three fucking rules!), or Harry and the Hendersons(First blood, first blood!). A good mix of styles is best I guess but I wonder if them changing so much was a conscious choice.
Hope they do Last Airbender soon (since the Netflix TV show is coming out this week)