We Hate Movies commentaries
(Jan 10, 2019, 11:21 am)waterloowatts Wrote:
(Jan 08, 2019, 20:54 pm)LaGrrande Wrote:
(Jan 08, 2019, 20:30 pm)Rifferee Wrote: Thanks for all your efforts LG. Really appreciate the work you're putting in!

The bitch of the thing is that I already had Rambo IV in my personal collection, and just watching the first ~10 minutes to sync up the Commentary made me discover that it didn't have the right subtitles. Christ, I think I even have it on Bluray somewhere, but I don't have a Bluray drive on my PC that I could rip the subtitles from.

Sounds very aggravating and I wish you luck. To echo Rifferee, I certainly appreciate you taking on this task. Just finished watching the Nightmare on Elm Street remake you posted (first time listening to the WHM commentary, laughed my ass off) and it was a great sync! Also, I love that you've been tacking on the intros after the commentaries, just like a RiffTrax sync.. Kudos to you, LG!

Same experience for me: first time checking them out, great sync, laughed more than most alt-riffs I've heard. It made my night after a frustrating day in the mental saltmines. Really appreciate everything you contribute on here!
(Jan 10, 2019, 14:40 pm)Rifferee Wrote:
(Jan 10, 2019, 11:21 am)waterloowatts Wrote:
(Jan 08, 2019, 20:54 pm)LaGrrande Wrote:
(Jan 08, 2019, 20:30 pm)Rifferee Wrote: Thanks for all your efforts LG. Really appreciate the work you're putting in!

The bitch of the thing is that I already had Rambo IV in my personal collection, and just watching the first ~10 minutes to sync up the Commentary made me discover that it didn't have the right subtitles. Christ, I think I even have it on Bluray somewhere, but I don't have a Bluray drive on my PC that I could rip the subtitles from.

Sounds very aggravating and I wish you luck. To echo Rifferee, I certainly appreciate you taking on this task. Just finished watching the Nightmare on Elm Street remake you posted (first time listening to the WHM commentary, laughed my ass off) and it was a great sync! Also, I love that you've been tacking on the intros after the commentaries, just like a RiffTrax sync.. Kudos to you, LG!

Same experience for me: first time checking them out, great sync, laughed more than most alt-riffs I've heard. It made my night after a frustrating day in the mental saltmines. Really appreciate everything you contribute on here!

Just to clarify, I've been listening to the WHM podcast for years, but have only listened to a few of their commentary tracks because I suck at syncing and playing the mp3's and movies side by side is too much of a hassle. LaGrrande's excellent syncs are going to be the first time I'll be hearing a lot of these, and I can't wait since I too have been having some frustrating days in the mental (and physical) salt mines.

Rifferee, if you haven't heard any episodes of their podcast, I can't recommend it enough. They are some genuinely funny guys who happen to know quite a bit about movies. I think their back catalogue is only available to Patreon members, but a great starting point would be their episode on Abraxas, which I'm sure you've seen the RiffTrax of. If you're interested, here's the link: We Hate Movies: Abraxas
For years I had a "Probably Secundus" t-shirt from that Abraxas episode of theirs!!  LOVE it  Cool
(Jan 10, 2019, 23:35 pm)tripletap006 Wrote: For years I had a "Probably Secundus" t-shirt from that Abraxas episode of theirs!!  LOVE it  Cool

Tripletap006 gets it!  Big Grin  That whole Secundus riff they go on is friggin' brilliant...
Rambo is on the backburner right now until a few more of these torrents finish, but it looks like I might have to hack together a subtitle track manually. On the upside, I managed to score a theatrical copy of Taken 2. I'm in the middle of exporting the audio as we speak, unfortunately, the video file is like 13gb, so it'll take a few days to re-encode to a smaller x265 file before I can upload. Which itself won't even start until the encode of Avatar I'm working on is done in 24-36 hours. I've also got a hold of a copy of C.H.U.D. with a much better quality FLAC soundtrack that sounds less like the audio was recorded on a smartphone inside of a mason jar at the bottom of an aquarium, so I'll be working on a v2 redo of that sync, too.

In the meantime, I'll take a poll on which of these three movies that I have the files for already should be the next sync (Barring any unforseen shenanigans):

Twilight
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (2014)
Star Wars: RotS

Just loaded CHUD into Audacity. No wonder the surround sound track for CHUD sounded like straight ass, it was only released in a mono soundtrack, and whever made that encode must have tried to (Or the default settings of Handbrake) turned it into a 5.1 track with a less than breathtaking bitrate on a movie with a not so impressive soundtrack to start with.
I vote Star Wars: RotS… that one is hilariously brutal.
Came here to say the same...SW RotS please!
I'm tied Twilight and RotS! Either or any WHM would be grand! Thank you!
(Jan 12, 2019, 04:32 am)Rifferee Wrote: I'm tied Twilight and RotS! Either or any WHM would be grand! Thank you!

I am with u on this ... I think I would love either RotS or Twilight ... I've never been a fan of the TMNT franchise (no haters please) lol.
Alright, Twilight with two half-votes loses out to RotS with two full and two half-votes! RotS should be up in a few hours.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  (Request) JaboodyShow Movie Dub Commentaries whomybabydaddy 1,208 641,285 5 hours ago
Last Post: Flowers789
  Mr. Sunday Movies/Weekly Planet Commentaries tripletap006 67 21,302 11 hours ago
Last Post: JetJaguar73
  bsg4you MP3 Commentaries / Just The Jokes plus MST3K, Film Crew, Cinematic Titanic bsg4you 12 29,105 Jun 03, 2023, 22:40 pm
Last Post: bsg4you
  [REQ] Blank Check synced commentaries? Rifferee 4 6,933 Nov 24, 2022, 16:22 pm
Last Post: Rifferee
  RAZZLE Team Commentaries DamonRedApril 2 8,740 Sep 19, 2022, 19:25 pm
Last Post: DamonRedApril