Poll: Do you buy music CDs?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes
40.80%
51 40.80%
No
59.20%
74 59.20%
Total 125 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Do you still buy music CDs?
i do but most of all of flemish singers because you can't hardly find them on torrents

by the way i am all new here

good day
Used to have about 700 cds and 200 vinyl records, but I got anxious every time when I had to move. Ain't buying CDs anymore except for novelty purposes or gifts.
Got a fairly good collection of rare or exotic heavy metal/extreme metal rips from hissy tapes I obsessively salvaged from blogs years ago. As well as a lot of 60's/70's rock obscurities, which have gotten less so over time.
A lot of various other genres are represented too, like EBM, hardcore techno, j-core etc. Could make a nice boost for TPBs music selection, considering a seedbox but I'm a total newbie when it comes to them.
Not for many years other than occasionally massive box sets but even those are now usually available for downloading.
I have many CD's and I will buy one if something I really wanted badly. I have had the hdd go bad and lost all so i like the hard copys being available cause no hdd is always. Its a constant backup and transfer. Having hard copys is like a bullet proof  back up Even EMP cant hurt em. And yes fire or flood could be trouble. But already considered and addressed.
Earthquake and Volcanos? As long as im not at ground 0. But who can ever be that sure.  Im done.
(Oct 18, 2018, 23:06 pm)analogkid6103 Wrote: I have many CD's and I will buy one if something I really wanted badly. I have had the hdd go bad and lost all so i like the hard copys being available cause no hdd is always. Its a constant backup and transfer. Having hard copys is like a bullet proof  back up Even EMP cant hurt em. And yes fire or flood could be trouble. But already considered and addressed.
Earthquake and Volcanos? As long as im not at ground 0. But who can ever be that sure.  Im done.

If the apocalypse comes and my hard drives all melt, and the internet no longer works I don't want to be alive anymore and probably wouldn't be worried about my music collection.

That being said I do buy vinyl records for myself and cd's as gifts for elderly people etc.
Of course I still buy music CDs.  I happened to get to purchase a CD not all that long ago, a few months and it was literally worth so much.  I only paid a fraction of what it did actually cost in the end, I saw on Amazon they were charging something like about over 90% more money and then re-issued it and I got it at a bargain price at a supermarket on release day.  So I got an absolute bargain and was really pleased.  I plan on buying some more CDs later on.  These are CDs I'm talking about that are highly expensive.  I'm not sure how I'm going to do it yet, might have to just risk the postal service.  Not ideal no cos the postman might smash or damage them and damage the cases.  These cases as well you can't replace anymore.  I'll take my chance.  I'm more into movies these days than music now.  I think though there are some CDs that are really worth collecting you've just gotta know what you're doing  Tongue
CDs are not worth collecting in 2019. They are limited to 16bit 44.1 kHz and the mastering is usually brickwalled, no dynamic range, etc. There is a reason no one buys CDs or eight tracks or cassettes any more, they are shit technology. Vinyl is where the warmth is at. For digital I prefer 24bit 96 kHz.
yes i do buy both cd and vinyl as i work with both
There is something so great about buying a physical CD and then spending the next 10 hours trying to get it out of its plastic wrapping.... [Image: yTEWdnwVVz.png]
Are music CDs still in circulation?

I thought digital downloads supplanted them.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What music genre do you enjoy the most? lustrous 9 2,283 Mar 22, 2024, 13:41 pm
Last Post: lustrous
  Need some advice for uploading music :) lustrous 3 1,014 Feb 27, 2024, 18:12 pm
  Fuck The Music Industry lustrous 4 1,033 Feb 14, 2024, 15:34 pm
  The world music thread blimey23 16 34,750 Feb 04, 2024, 19:33 pm
Last Post: Resurgence
  80s MUSIC daddy bond 96 232,995 Feb 04, 2024, 19:27 pm
Last Post: Resurgence