Torrents won't complete downloading!
I was wondering if anyone else was having the problem that I am having. I am using TPB for torrents and downloading tv shows. They have plenty of seeds for downloading because they are new torrents. I am using Bit Comet to download torrents. It works real well for me except for this problem. It is a new problem only within the past week since I have only tried today after a week and a half of non use. But I will get to 97% completed of torrent downloaded and it will stop. It will not go any further. I only have this problem from torrents I use from TPB. I went to zoogle and downloaded some of the some shows. They were different torrents though. They were not by the same person. Am I doing something wrong? I have never had this issue before. I had this happen one time before and I restarted my computer and it worked again. I did that again and it was a no go. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

I thought it may be a problem with the site since I wasn't appearing to be having problems with my computer
Not a Site Issue because you don't download anything from TPB.

You download from swarms, and there is nothing special about torrents started from TPB.

So if you are suddenly having a problem, it is almost certainly at your end.
Then just curios because this is my favorite site and I am really loyal to it. But I tested to see if it was my computer. But how come I can get downloads from torrents from zoggle and they can be completed. I notice when I get torrents from TPB, on my torrent program I can't see the number of seeds and leechers. But at Zoogle I can. Normally I can see that on Pirate Bay. I just don't understand how one can work and one can't and it be my computer. Do you have any suggestions? I would really appreciate your input.

Normally I can see the seeders and leechers on my torrent program. But it is not showing up right now. It is showing up from other sites. When I download their torrents to my program.
Bittorrent is a protocol. Its functionality is entirely independent of where you locate the torrent and how you start it.

One thing TPB does a little differently from other sites is use magnet links that have only UDP trackers in them. Most other sites use torrents and magnet links with a mix of trackers that will include HTTP trackers in them.

This doesn't affect functionality at all unless your setup blocks UDP connections from your client. So, again, the problem has to be at your end and the way TPB presents magnet links exposed the issue.
How long have your incomplete torrents been sitting at 97%?

There are multiple reasons for torrents to get stuck at an almost complete rating. New torrents in particular could appear to be stuck if the poster is using initial seeder option, it will only distribute chunks of the torrent out until most of the swarm has it before it distributes more chunks. In this case, waiting longer will eventually fix it.

It could also be that metadata got altered by the initial seeder after creating the torrent. In this case, unless the initial seeder manages to fix the metadata, the torrent will never complete. Usually in this case, the torrents will get stuck closer to the 98-99% range, but I imagine it could be 97% if the piece size was set high enough and the metadata happened to cross several pieces.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Lightning fast downloading, now! Manglenn 3 12,514 Jan 26, 2024, 18:24 pm
Last Post: lustrous
  Software suggestions for downloading Masterclass and Wondrium Iliketacos 3 6,187 Jan 12, 2023, 11:27 am
Last Post: Iliketacos
  Downloading Movies in .exe format v_wpasha 8 12,813 Apr 22, 2022, 11:11 am
Last Post: RobertX
  [] Downloading errors allewyn 2 9,729 Mar 03, 2022, 16:12 pm
Last Post: allewyn
  Downloading Files xuser 3 9,537 Feb 18, 2022, 13:38 pm
Last Post: Bigdickdj69