Windows 11 has Leaked!!!
I can't believe this has not been posted yet.

For those of us that hate 8 and 10, this looks very promising.

https://thepiratebay.org/description.php?id=47223009

https://thewindowsforum.com/threads/wind...ore.81881/
I'll say this: it's good that they're holding on to 32-bit if ThumperTM's torrent description is accurate.

If (and it's a big if!) I get updated drivers, I'd be celebrating.
True, but it's only a leak, what can you do Shy
Driver support, assuming it's not backward compatible, always takes time.

It does look good and I hope the release version stays on this path. This is more of a preview than a serious OS replacement.
(Jun 19, 2021, 18:35 pm)Coffinweed Wrote: For those of us that hate 8 and 10, this looks very promising.

I am certainly one of the people that doesn't hate Windows 10.  I know they will probably end Win10 eventually at some point as there is an end date for support and updates, not sure when, but that's usually what happens.

I have pretty much figured out what you need to know about Win10 and I like it and have no issues.  These things do take time though, it doesn't just happen overnight.  I took a while to figure it all out and yes I think Windows 10 is very good even from a 'Pirate' point of view so for me there's no reason to be bothering with any distro of Linux as I'm happy in my Windows world and it all just Werks™ for me so no reason to say anything bad.  You can count me into that group if it helps  Wink
(Jun 21, 2021, 03:23 am)RodneyYouPlonker Wrote:
(Jun 19, 2021, 18:35 pm)Coffinweed Wrote: For those of us that hate 8 and 10, this looks very promising.

I am certainly one of the people that doesn't hate Windows 10.
Hey, to each his own!

I've been a windows tweaker since Windows 95 and tweakui . It shouldn't take 15 apps and countless hours in command prompt and registry editor to make Windows look and feel the way I want. The (default) privacy issues are out of control, and most users don't even know about them. 

I can get with some of the things in later versions of 10, but the extra 2 megs that would allow users to use any version Windows GUI (look and feel) instead of being forced to use a phone/tablet OS feel would have made all the difference.

I'm sure an updated interface in 11, 12, etc. will be forced on you, rather than giving you the option to revert.
(Jun 21, 2021, 15:17 pm)Coffinweed Wrote: I'm sure an updated interface in 11, 12, etc. will be forced on you, rather than giving you the option to revert.

Moving from one to the next is just the Windows way.  I don't really have a problem with that and I don't have any problems with 10 at the moment, I personally feel that it works like a charm.  It's a shame really that so many people struggle with it, I don't I just find it easy and I find it's of very good design so I have nothing negative to say.  Maybe it has something to do with the fact I'm a 20+ years IT professional.  Really if you want to mess around these days it's always wise to have at least some basic knowledge about what you're doing or otherwise just ask somebody like me what to do and then at least you're getting some decent advice on the subject.

Not really a contest in my eyes, more just an observation on the matter.  If the simple answer is you can't 'Pirate' and use Win10 at the same time then you should be doing something else like out playing football or going on walks around the countryside.  Win10 is for people who talk the talk and walk the walk.
(Jun 21, 2021, 15:23 pm)RodneyYouPlonker Wrote:
(Jun 21, 2021, 15:17 pm)Coffinweed Wrote: I'm sure an updated interface in 11, 12, etc. will be forced on you, rather than giving you the option to revert.

Moving from one to the next is just the Windows way.  I don't really have a problem with that and I don't have any problems with 10 at the moment, I personally feel that it works like a charm.

Well of course it works fine, Windows 2000 did too. It's the way 10 works, the useless bloatware and spyware, the integration of useless apps and services in a way that makes uninstalling/disabling cause unnecessary side effects, the amount of setup time required after installation. And all the 3rd party apps necessary to "fix" the interface. 

It has nothing to do with pirating. If you like the way it works, fine! Out of necessity, as an IT tech, you'll adapt to anything Microsoft throws at you. (And out of necessity, so will I)

We have different uses for our systems, my Windows systems these days are for (mostly) offline work, mostly optimized as a Digital Audio Workstation. My phone works fine these days for online activity.

For me, I consider the out of the box setup to be miles away from what I want. Yet, not quite right after all the setup.
I decided to try this out in a VM

Installation took 15+ minutes and I had to tell it twice what keyboard layout I was using. Then it told me to sign in with an MS account. That is BS but ok, I thought I'd make a disposable account just for the heck of it so I clicked "create a new account". There was a checkbox below it saying "I would like information, tips and offers about Microsoft products and services" which common sense would tell anyone to untick. However: unticking it made the installation process halt until I hit the back button and had to start over. MS in a nutsack: you cant unsubscribe to our spam even if we give you a tickbox to un-check...

fine- but then it asked me for my birthday and country again (2nd time) - filled it in repetitively. And then it told me my email name contained characters that are not allowed... I had put in Fuk as first and Yu as last name. I wonder which of those characters are offensive? But fine, let's try Frog Yolo - seemes to compute but now I am asked for my country and birthdate for the 3rd time???

Next thing I was asked wether I want MS apps to use my location. I went with NO. Then "Find my device" - NO again. Then "Send diagnostic data to Microsoft", and get a load of this: no option that says NO. Only 'all' or 'some'. Angry

And a bunch of other options that all translate to "would you like your OS to phone home?" disguised as all sorts of shit like advertizing ID and whatnot. At least I got to opt out in most cases...

Then followed a questionarie about what I intended to use the OS for. Another telemetry trick. I clicked "skip".

And then the cloud- opt to store all my data in microsoft's cloud? FUCK NO!

AND then "HI. THIS MIGHT TAKE A FEW MINUTES. PLEASE KEEP YOUR PC ON AND PLUGGED IN" (clogs up ethernet in your path) - Now I am on a 100mbit up/down connection yet this wait for us to process all your info session took 3 minutes.

Finally:

[Image: hoE67Rl.png]

A bunch of stuff I dont need/want but we will save that for later (EDIT: windows somehow made all proprietary apps inivisible in the screenshot - see https://i.imgur.com/Sw1Thvo.png for what it looks like now)

Now was the time to install virtualbox guest additions so I could register (as per the readme.txt included in the torrent). I loaded the iso into the virtual drive and then I started looking for how to run it. File explorer is for some reason not in the first app panel you are shown. Messenger, instagram and a bunch of useless shit is. But fine, I clicked "all apps" and found file explorer, navigated to the guest additions cd and ran it, hit reboot and waited impressively little time for it to shut down and get back.

Succesfully activated binbows (or so it seems).

Now let's take a look at what comes preinstalled...
Weather widgets (using my location even though I opted out): V
Finance widgets (using my location even though I opted out): V
News Widgets (using my location even though I opted out): V
Spotify, Netflix, Twitter, Instagram, Messenger, office (*) and Photoshop Elements (*) : V
For some reason no skype ???

* = not-registered trial versions

This is just what I can see by clicking buttons on the taskbar

It would be interesting to see if I can remove these (actually, as a user I shouldn't have to unselect shit I dont want. It should be the other way around: go to app-store or whatever and select what I want)*

But I am more interested to see how binbows treats my software of choice.

Open app store, look for FLOSS 'apps'...

PureData - not found
aBox - a bunch of xbox payware...

No problem, I know where to get the stand-alone executables... (edge wnats to collect more data on me before I can go browse anywhere, but fuck it)

Go straight to https://puredata.info/downloads/pure-data and get the 32-bit portable for windows. extract archive, run main executable, get this shit:

[Image: B9W3DAC.png]

There's a 'DON'T RUN' button but no 'I TRUST THIS SOFTWARE' button... The only other option is closing the window which doesn't run the executable either...

Luckily there is a pd.com file included which for some reason doesnt make windows go NON-PROPRIETARY SOFTWARE ALERT PLS ABORT. Audio engine works.

Second test subject: aBox2 - https://sites.google.com/site/analogbox2/download

Opens without any warning. Audio engine works.

None of them seem to get quarantined by windows defender either, which I must say is a huge leap for windozers- windows10 straight up deleted both programs last I tried that distro.

I wonder how windows11 will perform with pirated GOG games. Running Planescape: Torment [GOG] setup.exe seems to work just fine. "Launch game" results in a fucked up flicker between desktop and game screen but I know the fix: edit torment.cfg and set "Full Screen=0" (windowed mode). And it works.

I am not doing anymore testing tonight, but there are plenty complaints to be had without running it through wireshark to test how much phone-homoing is going on.

Still, I'll keep the VM for gayming Big Grin

(Jun 21, 2021, 15:23 pm)RodneyYouPlonker Wrote: Not really a contest in my eyes [...] Win10 is for people who talk the talk and walk the walk.

Sounds like you are making it into a win10-users-are-better-than-everybody-else issue... Which is a pretty competitive stance.
^ Personally if that was me I would stick to what I know, avoid trying to do Win10 or any other Win OS install, leave to the professionals (people who have recognised training skills) and just avoid all that carry on because it seems you are going nowhere with it and I would go back to Linux because it's obviously not really for you.  It's fair to say that people who come from Linux and try to move to Windows have no idea what's involved, look at things in a far too complicated way and generally screw things up every 2-3 mins.

Stick to what you know because what you don't know, that obviously seems like a very large void which you fail to fill properly  Rolleyes
(Jun 21, 2021, 18:55 pm)RodneyYouPlonker Wrote: ^ Personally if that was me I would stick to what I know, avoid trying to do Win10 or any other Win OS install, leave to the professionals (people who have recognised training skills) and just avoid all that carry on because it seems you are going nowhere with it and I would go back to Linux because it's obviously not really for you.  It's fair to say that people who come from Linux and try to move to Windows have no idea what's involved, look at things in a far too complicated way and generally screw things up every 2-3 mins.

Stick to what you know because what you don't know, that obviously seems like a very large void which you fail to fill properly  Rolleyes

What is it that you know about windows 11 that I failed to uncover doing my test run?

Would you like to share with the rest of the community?

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Windows X-Lite - Custom Windows Builds theSEMAR 3 1,002 Feb 06, 2024, 17:52 pm
Last Post: maskaw
  I need a stripped down Windows 8 or Windows 10 installation. Any suggestions? nosnavis 9 21,854 Jul 26, 2023, 12:38 pm
Last Post: theSEMAR
  Anyone has Photoshop cs6 extended from thethingy? DLL's missing Dimma 11 18,406 Jul 25, 2022, 01:40 am
Last Post: johnr1956
  Upgrading to (genuine?) Windows 11 via (pirated!) Windows 10? onlinehuangjizhan 4 10,497 Feb 07, 2022, 10:42 am
Last Post: FloodTheWaves
  Normalize audio - is there any other player that has this feature? theSEMAR 0 9,492 Mar 11, 2020, 17:45 pm
Last Post: theSEMAR