Upgrading to (genuine?) Windows 11 via (pirated!) Windows 10?
Hi,

I installed Windows 10 on my laptop obtained from the torrent post "Windows 10 X64 Pro 21H2 incl Office 2021 en-US JAN 2022 {Gen2}":

https://thepiratebay.org/description.php?id=55895819

After finishing updating Windows 10, it says that I can upgrade to Windows 11 on my laptop, and shows an option to download and install.

QUESTION: Does anyone know upgrading to (genuine?) Windows 11 via this source of (pirated!) Windows 10 works well and is worthwile?

Thanks! :-)
I wouldn't touch Windows 11 right now; I'd rather wait for a better solution from the guys of My Digital Life or someone to crack the TPM sniffing before doing so.

If you do right now, it can really ruin your day.
There's no solid reason to upgrade to Windows 11 until at least 2025.  As of at the moment there is literally nothing wrong, at all with Windows 10.  For me works really good, a bit of effort keeping things all working well but if you was to try and upgrade especially at the moment it would be a huge mistake.  Proceed with absolute caution.
onlinehuangjizhan, if you want to really upgrade in the sense of the word, try Linux Mint.

www.linuxmint.com

Most people who switch to GNU/Linux usually don't look back. Of course, I do because I need some programs to burn my DVDs and there are some games that I don't want to leave behind, so I keep a Windows 7 OS handy for that purpose.
(Feb 03, 2022, 22:15 pm)onlinehuangjizhan Wrote: Hi,

I installed Windows 10 on my laptop obtained from the torrent post "Windows 10 X64 Pro 21H2 incl Office 2021 en-US JAN 2022 {Gen2}":

https://thepiratebay.org/description.php?id=55895819

After finishing updating Windows 10, it says that I can upgrade to Windows 11 on my laptop, and shows an option to download and install.

QUESTION: Does anyone know upgrading to (genuine?) Windows 11 via this source of (pirated!) Windows 10 works well and is worthwile?

Thanks! :-)
@onlinehuangjizhan

Hi

I have a brand new Z690 build and was going to install a torrented version of Win 11 Pro.
I even had 2 copies downloaded ready to go... however I changed my mind.

Instead I downloaded the official Win 11 install from Microsoft - say you don't have internet - install it all.

Then I chose to go buy a legit but grey market key (so super cheap).

I've heard many times don't bother going too cheap or they won't work or be the version you want.

I spent USD $16 here at this link.
Microsoft Windows 11 Professional CD Key - Instant Delivery at CJS CD Keys (cjs-cdkeys.com)

That was less than a week ago and I was kind of shocked that it was super easy and it actually worked.
I literally got the Win 11 Pro RETAIL key that I wanted.... I was sure something would go wrong - get some crappy win 8 license etc.

But it's still working fine and it's official activated... you can check your official version by running a code in windows itself (they wrote the code).

I can't guarantee you won't have any problems - but I can only tell you my experience.
BTW I do not work for them or anyone - I'm just a dude who wanted windows Pro 11 retail.

Bear in mind - this is an OEM key so it is only ever going to work on this motherboard - but that's fine for me as it's a new pc and I don't plan on upgrading for 5-10 years.
Also with these grey keys - they could just stop working at any time... you might need to just buy another.
Considering I'm saving 100+ bucks I'm happy with that... and it's nice to know that I have a 'relatively' legit and activated windows for once.... updates work just fine, it's all good.

So I highly recommend you consider this option for some peace of mind - with the caveats mentioned above... it's cheap - give it a go.

There will be people on here who are physical allergic to paying for anything and will tell you not to bother - just torrent it.
That's up to you, but I still torrent lots of other stuff - but I just wanted some peace of mind with this and I suggest you think about that too.

I wasn't sure if I should wait a year or two for all the kinks to be ironed out with win 11 but I asked around about this and people said it's fine right now.
I chose it because it will be better for security overall, and with a brand new killer gaming build, it should give me the best experience - better than older windows as it also has some new features for gaming too.

If you have new build especially - it just makes sense to have the latest software to run it.

Go  and download the official installation from windows - there are different ways to do it.

I chose the second option - the  "Create Windows 11 Installation Media" option - it was super easy and quick with a usb stick (format it first in file explorer etc - should be in fat mode)

as I said - do the process, make sure you do not plug the internet in, say theres not internet and finish the process.
After - then activate it with the internet and run updates etc.

I also highly suggest you torrent a copy of Macrium, I got version 8 and when installed selected the workstation version.
Use this to make images that you can use to restore in emergencies - better than windows restore etc.

It's nice and easy to use - im new to it myself.

Hope this helps

Let me know what you do.

cheers.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Windows X-Lite - Custom Windows Builds theSEMAR 3 1,001 Feb 06, 2024, 17:52 pm
Last Post: maskaw
  I need a stripped down Windows 8 or Windows 10 installation. Any suggestions? nosnavis 9 21,853 Jul 26, 2023, 12:38 pm
Last Post: theSEMAR
  Photoshop Detected my pirated copy. SteRipper 0 7,879 May 14, 2022, 15:47 pm
Last Post: SteRipper
  Is there a pirated version of this ? Ladyanne3 0 7,929 Apr 20, 2022, 13:38 pm
Last Post: Ladyanne3
  Best Pirated Software to help me file Business taxes in the US 2021? kjohn13 6 26,497 Nov 14, 2021, 14:51 pm
Last Post: waregim