Weboasis & Start Pages
Anyone else use weboasis as much as me?  I love it for a start page, and the amount of resources it has.  Share your start pages.  What do you use?
www.weboas.is
I don't use any start page. i type in the urls manually like a true ass burger
(Sep 29, 2019, 13:05 pm)ill88eagle Wrote: I don't use any start page. i type in the urls manually like a true ass burger
That works too!   Big Grin I on the other hand lack in memory capacity like a true dumbass, therefore I need all the help I can get.
I have my own website for my start pages. And use it as my own 'cloud' to access from anywhere.

Its essentially private, as search engines are banned from it.
(Oct 02, 2019, 18:33 pm)waregim Wrote: I have my own website for my start pages. And use it as my own 'cloud' to access from anywhere.

Its essentially private, as search engines are banned from it.

Interesting Idea...  I will definitely look at this an option.
Wordpress is a good option with hundreds of addons posted on TPB. Drupal is nice but very complex for a personal/wiki type site. They have a free repo for addons.

I've worked with both, but currently use MyBB, the forum software used here. It is very flexible, and can be used as a blog or a wiki. On my mahines I bookmark a link to my favorite sites and subjects. Like most forum software it wont permit uploading pics, but I post my pics to another part of my web site (another web softare) , and link to them.
With the advent of MyBB and Wordpress, do people code their webpages anymore?
They are in fact, actively discouraged from doing so.
The CMS type sites are heavily database driven. Toss in the heavy usage of newer forkd of JS, CSS, and the like, meddling with the code can lead to unintended consequences.

I also ahve an OSCommerce site, old version. Its managed by hacking its PHP code. Three freaking pages of putzing with code to make a new message box.

Drupal is probably the most powerful, but is the most obtuse piece of web software I have ever seen. Creates a whole language for itself, with few if any intuitive elements. But the control panels are awesome. I would use it but cannot resist the urge to load it up with all its goodies, which will swamp my server memory allocation and make it slow as sludge.

Wordpress is made for general folk who can fog a mirror, but does allow for a huge amount of options. Out of the box its pretty damn simple, with a non-complicated control panel. But its the addons that give it power.

For data storage I like forum software, as its searchable, and permits subcategorization. Plus its designed for multiple level access. What a 'guest' sees is very different from what I see. By now there are probably more powerful forums, but I've chcosen MyBB which is hack proof and runs fine without maintenance for years now. Its also fairly simple to set up, and there is at least one Wiki module for it. I've hacked the code a bit, which seems straight forward.
MyBB wins for several reasons. Number one: It's open source and well documented. You can sift through all the code and do all the changes you want with no moral or legal issues. I used it to create a torrent indexer some years ago, now long since dead. No bragging. The scripted posters (Mike, ernesto, kubrick etc) on SB and the magnet link buttons were my creations now adapted by MOE Heart, and I'm happy to see the fruit of my labour come to use like that. Wordpress is usefull but its proprietary and focused on profit. I use it for ranting - oh well, much like I use this forum Tongue

Oh wait... MOE? You never implemented the magnet button in the js editor? Shame on you!
nd684d Wrote:Anyone else use weboasis as much as me?  I love it for a start page...

waregim Wrote:I have my own website for my start pages. And use it as my own 'cloud' to access from anywhere.

Would a simple "favorites on cloud" site/app/extension do? Like Stumbled Uppon or Poket etc?
Btw on my browser (MSIE) it isn't exactly great; the background matrix does, but can't change animation and the text (like News) look "craiglistish".

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  33 Pages fakes Strayuer 1 10,557 Jul 15, 2021, 19:37 pm
Last Post: stormium
  New Torrent Uploader, confused on how to start. Guildmaster2000 5 14,558 Jan 31, 2021, 17:18 pm
Last Post: ill88eagle
  Is it legal to start TPB proxy ? Registration 6 11,538 Jul 09, 2020, 02:08 am
Last Post: waregim
  How to get torrent to start Starbuck99Stewart 1 11,558 Jun 18, 2016, 20:55 pm
Last Post: Moe
  1337x Staff Abandon “Insecure” Torrent Site, Start Over Ernesto 5 16,414 Apr 14, 2016, 10:51 am
Last Post: AncientRome