KAT Coming Back?!?
The story broke on Torrentfreak and I won't disclose "KAT's" new URL over here for security reasons.

https://torrentfreak.com/kickasstorrents...rs-161216/

Does this piece of news hold any weight at all?

Apologies if this was already posted on the SuprBay forum, but I did search.
Yes, I checked the site yesterday, same look & feel. Very slow loading pages.
Didn't seem to be much content, but I only checked latest music.
Many full page ADs detected as Malware on my end & blocked.
So, it seemed like the same ol' KAT! LOL
This much is true: KAT's back. Navigation speed's fluctuating--forum side is moderately good now, but the torrent side is very fast.

The speed issues involve a few things. Two of the biggest: one of the best known game releasers added the site link to her own site's main page, and also word got out very quickly that KAT was back as a file sharer. Literally thousand of new users poured in less than a day. It was great to see, but there's still some fallout from this. I can't speak for anybody else, but two days ago, I found it took about a minute or more to come one page in the forums to another. Yesterday, it was quick and easy, much like here.

Right now, the big issue there is starting the file database from scratch--since the guys in suits compromised what KAT had when they killed the old site. It's going to take time to build it back up.
Great! The new head of the hydra is growing back again!
Or it was Phoenix instead?
Zombie pirates! ‌ ‌ We be immortal monsters! ‌ ‌ [Image: ZpsN1.gif]
[…and some of us do remember to keep widely-spread backups…]
I like the phoenix image. The whole "exploding back to life in a massive ball of flame" thing works. Big Grin
KAT's more speedy, now. Lots of stuff still in the works, but navigation is much faster.

This is not a bid to make anyone leave TPB for KAT. It is a recognition that there no sides here, and that such sites as TPB and KAT constitute the best hope against the media corporations and their minion governments. The more sites are like us all, the merrier. Long may the pirate flag wave!
(Dec 30, 2016, 03:05 am)Philidor Wrote: KAT's more speedy, now. Lots of stuff still in the works, but navigation is much faster.

This is not a bid to make anyone leave TPB for KAT. It is a recognition that there no sides here, and that such sites as TPB and KAT constitute the best hope against the media corporations and their minion governments. The more sites are like us all, the merrier. Long may the pirate flag wave!

Well said Philidor! Checked it out myself and I was impressed. Hopefully the new KAT continues to grow steadily. If it gets even halfway towards what it was at its peak, I shall call that above and beyond a job well done. For now, baby steps will do. 8-)

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  I'm happy that this place is back Ladyanne3 3 5,618 Mar 22, 2023, 09:36 am
Last Post: NACHOPIRATA
  search engine that searches tpb, demonoid, kat, 1337x m1t0s1s 1 9,476 Jan 31, 2022, 09:26 am
Last Post: RobertX
  Trove.is back up (63.586 MB .torrent file) ddoking007 8 35,257 Dec 25, 2021, 03:00 am
Last Post: BalforeDelFuego
  Looking to go back to college but don't know how. RobertX 8 15,496 Jan 05, 2021, 18:04 pm
  Looking for a good operating system? Look no further, Windows has your back! hyp 42 41,990 Oct 16, 2020, 03:24 am