In Real Life, or Outside the Internet
I'm not going to ask of names, but have any of you SuperBay posters met another member in real life, like in the same place?

Like I said, I'm not going to ask for names.

I've been toying with the idea as to how it's like to meet someone who posts on this board, and I've come to the conclusion that probably might not be a good idea as much as the prospect is seductive. After all, what if any of you are from the police forces. I mean, even someone like me, a "pirate," could be one of them. It's like throwing yourself at a timber wolf.

I do know that a guy I met online, who is an Englishman, isn't, or he would already have me arrested. I divulged my address to him and he sent me a tablet. What I don't know, however, is that he might still be an undercover, and I should not have done that (i.e. divulging my address). It's probably not my time, however, so I might be lucky.

So let's talk about this. I think this is an interesting subject. LOL, for all we know, Moe can be one! Smile
You've gotta be careful really Robert, I know the chances are low but could maybe end up meeting somebody from the Bureau, which is not good, I wouldn't say it's a good idea really.  Nice post though mate, what we do here is not to be approved by lots of people so a bit dangerous really as I'm sure you already know Smile
I've known SB people who met IRL and it was a catastrophe.

I think this forum attracts a certain kind of people. I wouldn't want to meet those.
I guess this is why we have anonymity over here.
You know the thing that amazes me the most is that the USA just seems like such an open place.  As compared to where I live, we don't have that problem here but in The States it's like a world stage really.  You can find out all kinds of things about people in the United States and find out all kinds of personal details.  It has happened with me before where I've managed to find out about people who live there and find all the juicy information.  Stuff like which way people vote whether right or left.  How much money they earn, where they live, whether they are on any kind of watch list by the government.  How much they pay for their house where they live, how much money they've borrowed and how much money's worth of stuff they've managed to buy in recent times.  You just don't get that over here really it's very private here and not like that at all. For that reason I'm glad I live here for privacy.

It's amazing what you can find out by looking on the net, if you delve really deep into the bowels of the internet you can find sites that will give you all kinds of information and I'm glad that's not me and somebody else instead.  All I can say is live in the States and live in an open world.
Met person to person? No... I've made friends and had real live convos with people... but not face to face (they were a few states away). I've lost contact since, but I still think of them and hope they are well... 2 positive experiences I'm thinking of.

As much as posters here, for the most part, we kinda get a jist of how people are (eagle may not agree tho). It's the lurkers that scare me.

I bet if I was in the presence of a poster we would have no idea because online usernames are different than personalities... The only difference is not having to take accountability IRL for the shit we say here...
(Jun 14, 2020, 13:42 pm)LZA Wrote: As much as posters here, for the most part, we kinda get a jist of how people are (eagle may not agree tho). It's the lurkers that scare me.

I dont disagree at all. The thing is, like you say, people tend to behave differently IRL than online.
I agree but really, coming from a guy living in freaking Ghanaian version of ex-Ibiza party junkie, now Wood Allen's Zionist Gigolo wannabe, what could be described as a catastrophe?
Met a bunch of folks from online BBS days. Some became good friends.

Now its very, very different.

No concept of 'local'.
(Jun 15, 2020, 08:56 am)dueda Wrote: I agree but really, coming from a guy living in freaking Ghanaian version of ex-Ibiza party junkie, now Wood Allen's Zionist Gigolo wannabe, what could be described as a catastrophe?

Apart from having lived in Ghana I am not sure what you mean, perhaps you could elaborate?

As for the catastrophe, it happened to people I knew online, not me. So I'd rather not go into (other peoples) details about it.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  A Life Well Pondered medina_w 0 3,219 Aug 12, 2023, 11:07 am
Last Post: medina_w
  Looking for cheap hosting outside of copyright controls Ladyanne3 12 9,192 Feb 06, 2023, 20:33 pm
Last Post: Ladyanne3
  Anyone have non-Internet information about the Burmuda Triangle? LadyAnn 3 10,395 Dec 27, 2021, 15:04 pm
Last Post: LadyAnn
  Is Bigfoot real? LadyAnn2 3 11,088 Sep 09, 2021, 08:38 am
Last Post: stormium
  Life is but a dream. The Forbidden Ways. Future 68 119,444 Aug 23, 2021, 15:22 pm
Last Post: RobertX