Looking for cheap hosting outside of copyright controls
I require cheap hosting.  (Cheap because I'm poor)
I need to upload really large files and a lot of bandwidth.
(Jan 12, 2023, 14:30 pm)Ladyanne3 Wrote: I require cheap hosting.  (Cheap because I'm poor)
I need to upload really large files and a lot of bandwidth.

There's no such thing as cheap hosting, if you actually want lots of bandwidth to host lots of very large files then it will cost you a lot of money.  On the internet you only get what you pay for.  There's no such thing as cheap hosting because there's a huge amount of money to be made for people who are looking to gain customers that will pay for it.  It's not the fault of the people who are providing the services which you can buy.  It's the people who are selling it to them who are selling it then to you.  The people who are running things they actually charge a lot themselves and people rent out space and set it all up with their skills so that people can buy it.  With most things there's limits and there's nothing you can do even if you pay quite a lot it's still going to be limited and if you go over your limit your services will be taken down until you learn to control it without over usage.

Really in the world we live in now, getting something 'cheap' usually means there's a catch like you will receive a poor quality product or maybe get scammed out of money.  For the people who provide good services that you can rely on they will expect a fair amount of money in return otherwise there's no point even thinking about it.  If you can't afford it at the moment then maybe it's either not a good idea or just wait until you can afford it but only if you can afford to buy something which won't break the bank.
LadyAnne3, there's some merit to RodneyYouPlonker's advice, but have you ever thought of hosting off your own Apache server (i.e. your computer)?
(Jan 12, 2023, 23:43 pm)RobertX Wrote: LadyAnne3, there's some merit to RodneyYouPlonker's advice, but have you ever thought of hosting off your own Apache server (i.e. your computer)?

I've got my own server.
But hosting anything copyrighted is going to be easily traceable back to me. 

My Internet connection is how I feed myself and there is only ONE company that services my region.   They cancel my connection and I'm screwed.

I can get American shared hosting for as little as $2 a month. (unlimited bandwidth and storage)  As long as I'm not asked for ID I should be fine.
What kind of site are you going to run?
(Jan 13, 2023, 20:52 pm)RobertX Wrote: What kind of site are you going to run?

One based on sport events.
Since you said that you can't use something that can trace you back, I was fearing that you would say "warez site" or "script kiddies site.|

Now that it's cleared up, what do you have to fear about "copyright infringement?"
(Jan 14, 2023, 12:18 pm)RobertX Wrote: Since you said that you can't use something that can trace you back, I was fearing that you would say "warez site" or "script kiddies site.|

Now that it's cleared up, what do you have to fear about "copyright infringement?"

Because it will be an issue and I finally own something that makes me worth suing.
If you have a free PC that you're not using you can use it to host the web site(s), tho you'll have to run it 24/7.
For me that's the best option and that's just what I did, just need to have a static IP, ISPs should offer the option to move to a static IP
(Jan 16, 2023, 04:35 am)rezwaki Wrote: If you have a free PC that you're not using you can use it to host the web site(s), tho you'll have to run it 24/7.
For me that's the best option and that's just what I did, just need to have a static IP, ISPs should offer the option to move to a static IP

I don't know what nation you're in but...

Here in the United States they'll trace the IP of my server back to me and I'll immediately be (a) fined by my ISP  (b) have my Internet account deleted with no possiblity of getting it back because they blacklist both the address and not me.

Since there is only 1 provider in my area... This is NOT an option.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Can a file from a hosting site be embeded in a webpage? LadyAnn 5 12,835 Oct 09, 2021, 08:17 am
Last Post: LadyAnn
  In Real Life, or Outside the Internet RobertX 13 20,139 Jul 14, 2020, 05:56 am
Last Post: ill88eagle
  Is there an open source torrent indexer similiar to TPB for self hosting on php? roboirc 0 9,487 Jan 09, 2020, 04:08 am
Last Post: roboirc
  Free web hosting how it evolved ? tops.c 8 18,857 Oct 22, 2019, 15:27 pm
Last Post: Kotter
  Pro-Copyright Bias is Alive, Well, and Still Hiding the Full Story Ernesto 1 12,494 Nov 11, 2018, 23:06 pm
Last Post: dueda