Looking for cheap hosting outside of copyright controls
(Jan 16, 2023, 09:48 am)Ladyanne3 Wrote:
(Jan 16, 2023, 04:35 am)rezwaki Wrote: If you have a free PC that you're not using you can use it to host the web site(s), tho you'll have to run it 24/7.
For me that's the best option and that's just what I did, just need to have a static IP, ISPs should offer the option to move to a static IP

I don't know what nation you're in but...

Here in the United States they'll trace the IP of my server back to me and I'll immediately be (a) fined by my ISP  (b) have my Internet account deleted with no possiblity of getting it back because they blacklist both the address and not me.

Since there is only 1 provider in my area... This is NOT an option.
Oh sorry I overlooked the part you wrote about that, my bad. well it works fine for me since I don't host explicitly pirated content that is being indexed by web search engines, and even if I did i doubt I'd get myself into trouble (sue/my connectoin would get blocked) unless I advertised it openly
Ladyanne3:

The answer is simple and very easy to solve.  Just get yourself a good VPN service that is located (the HQ) in a country where file sharing has no laws against it and then install and flash a well known router, buy one from somewhere like ebay, then just have 2 routers in your home, one normal and one a VPN router.  I would do extensive research all this can be done on youtube as everything you need is there.

When you want to file share and host something just use your connection that remains behind a VPN the whole time and then it doesn't ever go off and remains connected to a different country and then you'll be on the dark web the whole time.  The problem with software VPN you have to use a kill switch which can be annoying but with VPN router you can have 24/7 on the dark web and it'll always be there.  If it disconnects you on your end then it will reconnect you and won't expose your actual IP address to anybody who might have interest in finding out where your hosting is coming from.
(Feb 06, 2023, 18:56 pm)RodneyYouPlonker Wrote: Ladyanne3:

The answer is simple and very easy to solve.  Just get yourself a good VPN service that is located (the HQ) in a country where file sharing has no laws against it and then install and flash a well known router, buy one from somewhere like ebay, then just have 2 routers in your home, one normal and one a VPN router.  I would do extensive research all this can be done on youtube as everything you need is there.

When you want to file share and host something just use your connection that remains behind a VPN the whole time and then it doesn't ever go off and remains connected to a different country and then you'll be on the dark web the whole time.  The problem with software VPN you have to use a kill switch which can be annoying but with VPN router you can have 24/7 on the dark web and it'll always be there.  If it disconnects you on your end then it will reconnect you and won't expose your actual IP address to anybody who might have interest in finding out where your hosting is coming from.

I'll note this for the future but I've already found the hosting that I needed.

It's good to know that others are worrying about me and trying to help  (Thanks)

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Can a file from a hosting site be embeded in a webpage? LadyAnn 5 12,836 Oct 09, 2021, 08:17 am
Last Post: LadyAnn
  In Real Life, or Outside the Internet RobertX 13 20,139 Jul 14, 2020, 05:56 am
Last Post: ill88eagle
  Is there an open source torrent indexer similiar to TPB for self hosting on php? roboirc 0 9,488 Jan 09, 2020, 04:08 am
Last Post: roboirc
  Free web hosting how it evolved ? tops.c 8 18,862 Oct 22, 2019, 15:27 pm
Last Post: Kotter
  Pro-Copyright Bias is Alive, Well, and Still Hiding the Full Story Ernesto 1 12,494 Nov 11, 2018, 23:06 pm
Last Post: dueda