Daz 3D Technical Talk
The script may have come from the beta version, possibly buried somewhere obscure, like the Purge Memory script I also use religiously. Unless it's not allowed (in which case I suppose a mod will remove it, though i don't see it being an issue), here's the script. Just change the file type back to a .dsa and toss it in the scripts folder mentioned above.

Sid edited Aug 20, 2016 02:26 am this post because:

It's allowed

Attached Files
.txt   DAZ_Mirror_Pose.txt (Size: 2.18 KB / Downloads: 7)
Awesome! Thanks! I'm going to have to learn scripting one of these years,lol!
Good to know Sid, thanks! You're quite welcome, wolfenspiel, and I hope it's helpful. On the off chance anyone else thinks they would benefit from the Purge Memory script, you should be able to find it under Daz Studio Formats>Content>Scripts>Utilities. It's useful for (mostly) clearing the cache, which Daz likes to leave stuff in, pretty much constantly.

Obvious but important notes:
This also purges your undo list, so make sure you mean it if you use it.
It will not always clear the cache of various plugins, but does so in most instances for most of them (Octane plugin is a notable exception, though not too popular with slightly-less-than-paying-full-price-up-front people, it seems)
It can take a long time to clear out figures in particular, which occasionally leads to hanging Daz Studio (example: delete 5 G3Fs at once, then try purge memory, and the same goes for large, nested groups of objects/instances)
It's a decent counter to the memory leak seemingly inherent in all versions of Daz Studio, but you can only plug a leak so much before it's probably better to just close and restart anyway. Gives you quite a bit more leeway though.

Oh, and keep a copy somewhere outside of your Daz installation directories. Daz likes to delete it or not install it correctly for some reason when you update Studio, even though it's a Daz written script. Go fig. If you use DIM to install studio, find the zip of it (or re-download it, if the script is missing for you, you should have backups anyway Tongue), and it's in there in the location indicated above (minus the Daz Studio Formats bit, obviously). I'd post it, but it's a very short script. Three lines of code, with one line being the description of what it does, in fact. But those three lines follow the 15 lines of copyright saying not copy or duplicate it and whatnot, and it's not worth the potential hassle for something everyone should have already anyway, though it may not be where it should, and most new people using Daz Studio probably don't even realize it exists.
(Aug 09, 2016, 11:37 am)bootleg Wrote: So those who render with iRay or 3Delight, what is your recommended file format for saving images?

PNG, BMP, TIF, JPG?

TIF are the highest quality (and largest) file types, and this is because it's the only type that is uncompressed (or at least has the option to be). 
TIFs also carry the Alpha channel so that you can adjust lighting in post work.

So basically if you do a lot of post work use TIFs, otherwise PNGs are probably the best choice.

(Aug 10, 2016, 01:07 am)bootleg Wrote: thanks for the replies, I guess Ill go with PNG myself. @beagle those file formats show up in the save box for iray renders.

Speaking of rendering engines, anyone here uses LuxRender (either through Reality or Luxus)?

I used to use Reality and Lux alot before iRay cam along. I just started using it again and I must say Paolo and the guys at Pret-a-3D have a terrific job keeping Reality viable in a post IRay world. Reality 4.3 with Lux 1.6 works really well.
They release a ton of videos on youTube to show how to do lots of things. They have added lots of import scripts that automatically convert your iray materials, and non iray materials, so even if you don't know what your doing you can get results.
They have also added lighting presets that you can use inside of Daz Studio (or Poser), that work flawlessly in Lux. 
Basically they've made it as easy as Iray for the novice, which it wasn't before. 
That being said, if you do know what you're doing, it's capable of even greater results. And the latest version is a LOT faster than it was before. 
Iray is great (I love it) for fast easy renders that look great, but Reality/Lux in the hands of someone that knows what they're doing is in a different class. The lighting is just magically real. 
If you have an AMD card I would say it's must have. 

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Lokking for DAZ Animators SoldierBoy 1 8,451 Jan 25, 2023, 08:17 am
Last Post: CCCC
  Over 8TB of Daz data absente 7 40,747 Sep 12, 2020, 07:29 am
Last Post: CCCC
  Daz 3D/Poser Welcome & Intro Thread beaglebandit 110 274,213 Jul 28, 2020, 17:37 pm
Last Post: micasa001
  Daz Cart Trouble. kavana 0 24,817 Jan 02, 2019, 19:23 pm
Last Post: kavana
  How do you use items like this in DAZ? vanteal 2 24,233 Aug 24, 2018, 19:16 pm
Last Post: vanteal