How do you use items like this in DAZ?
How do you use Items like this and others like it in Daz? They're OBJ's and OBJ's are compatible with Daz studio right? Is there a special kind of import process you need to use? Can you install it directly like other DAZ products and have it show up in your content library? Help to understand this would be very helpful.
As was explained on the site you linked to, OBJ files usually lose their textures and shading when imported into DAZ, so you'll get the geometry of the car, but not the colors or most of the details. The model will look like a white shell. Also, any morphs almost always break. If you know how to work with DAZ to create textures and shading for models, then you can recreate the cars with whatever materials you have shaders and textures for in your library.

These models are made for 3ds max. 3ds Max is available for free to students with a 3 year license. You can go to autodesk.com and download a full working version if you tell them you are a student. They don't check and any email address is good enough. But you'll have to learn 3DS Max (and you might as well learn Maya too).
(Aug 24, 2018, 19:07 pm)CCCC Wrote: As was explained on the site you linked to, OBJ files usually lose their textures and shading when imported into DAZ, so you'll get the geometry of the car, but not the colors or most of the details.  The model will look like a white shell.  Also, any morphs almost always break.  If you know how to work with DAZ to create textures and shading for models, then you can recreate the cars with whatever materials you have shaders and textures for in your library.

These models are made for 3ds max.  3ds Max is available for free to students with a 3 year license.  You can go to autodesk.com and download a full working version if you tell them you are a student.  They don't check and any email address is good enough.  But you'll have to learn 3DS Max (and you might as well learn Maya too).

Thank you for your response. I tried to read and understand the instructions, but I have learning and reading comprehension conditions that make piecing it all together quite difficult..

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Lokking for DAZ Animators SoldierBoy 1 8,321 Jan 25, 2023, 08:17 am
Last Post: CCCC
  Over 8TB of Daz data absente 7 40,537 Sep 12, 2020, 07:29 am
Last Post: CCCC
  Daz 3D/Poser Welcome & Intro Thread beaglebandit 110 273,229 Jul 28, 2020, 17:37 pm
Last Post: micasa001
  Daz Cart Trouble. kavana 0 24,718 Jan 02, 2019, 19:23 pm
Last Post: kavana
  I have completely destroyed my Daz content file folders. vanteal 6 31,148 Aug 20, 2018, 21:23 pm
Last Post: mrposter