Daz 3D Technical Talk
Oh in that case, iRay all the way Smile
I've played around with Reality/Lux some...I find it's workflow a bit alien to me from getting used to 3DL/Iray, so not as much but every so often I go back to pinging at it.
(Aug 13, 2016, 02:05 am)beaglebandit Wrote: I've played around with Reality/Lux some...I find it's workflow a bit alien to me from getting used to 3DL/Iray, so not as much but every so often I go back to pinging at it.

The best part about Reality/Lux is being able to set the light, camera parameters while the render is going on or has finished.

Changing the camera settings in iray resets the render I believe.
I think it would be worth changing the thread title (assuming the option exists) to note that this thread is referring to Daz Studio (or at least seems to be, so far, given the answers to the question in post 2 seem to have only included Studio), as Daz 3d also makes/controls/handles Hexagon, Bryce, and Carrara, all of which are completely different programs with separate requirements, uses, workflows, and highly separate formats in many cases. Studio is the most popular, by far, but not the only thing "Daz 3d." Assuming clarity of information is the goal, of course.
What are templates for? Poser files comes with the Template folder and DS installation zips have their templates.

Are they required to run or can be skipped? Whats their intended purpose?
(Aug 16, 2016, 01:52 am)bootleg Wrote: What are templates for?  Poser files comes with the Template folder and DS installation zips have their templates.

Are they required to run or can be skipped? Whats their intended purpose?

They are for making things like recolors in the same shape of the original outfit or model most of the time. etc..
Templates are not required for any product. They can be used to make your own texture maps. The grid is an unfolded mesh (the UV map) to help you align the details where you want them to be.
Dumb Question # 4,789...or somewhere thereabouts,lol! - How does one "quickly and easily" if there is such a way, create a mirrored pose? I have 2 figures, and was able to transfer the pose etc. to the second figure, but now I want that figure in the same pose, but standing back-to-back with the first figure. (It's a "2 girls with guns" -type image). Is there a simple way to do this? The pose I used unfortunately doesn't have a pre-created mirror to it, I think it was an included pose with the gun.
There's a script, possibly built in, called DAZ_Mirror_Pose. Should be in "Content>Daz Studio Formats>Scripts." At least it is for all of my installs, and I don't remember hunting it down. IF you have it, you can save it as a custom action for easy, two-click usage in the future (which I did). IF you don't have/can't find it, Shift+Y brings up the symmetry pane. With your figure selected (not parts, unless you only want to affect those without altering the torso), change Propagation to "Recursive," Direction to "Swap Left and Right," and whichever of the Trunk Nodes mirrors works best for your pose. Pretty much what said script does anyway, I believe with the default Trunk Nodes setting of "Mirror across the Y-Axis," but it might be the other option.
Thanks, sikotikxiii ! Had to do it through symmetry, I didn't have the script...one more for me to find,lol! I tried symmetry before asking, but couldn't figure out what I was missing. I think it was the Recursive step. Looks good now, though, and I can finish working! Thanks again!

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Lokking for DAZ Animators SoldierBoy 1 8,444 Jan 25, 2023, 08:17 am
Last Post: CCCC
  Over 8TB of Daz data absente 7 40,742 Sep 12, 2020, 07:29 am
Last Post: CCCC
  Daz 3D/Poser Welcome & Intro Thread beaglebandit 110 274,154 Jul 28, 2020, 17:37 pm
Last Post: micasa001
  Daz Cart Trouble. kavana 0 24,813 Jan 02, 2019, 19:23 pm
Last Post: kavana
  How do you use items like this in DAZ? vanteal 2 24,230 Aug 24, 2018, 19:16 pm
Last Post: vanteal