repack in software
What exactly is a repack in software. One I got just installs with no activation needed. No issue just curious how it works
I recently played game called :  UnderRail + Expedition DLC v1.1.1.3
It is  8.6 GB in size and after Repack, Size is 3.4 GB.

..so  level of compression of files(extreme by bit compression, by computer extremists in positive term..).
High end of programming masters.
..FitGirl Repacks.
Similar to a former thread about modified releases and I guess it's already elsewhere, but here it is:

A re-package is the same content with different container. A software that comes in 21 BIN files can be modified to be sent in 5 GZIP or 87 ARC files, ir 1 EXE self-extracting file. But in the end it's the same content you'll use.

Also a repack can include additions (like DLCs, bonuses, etc) and deletions (like other languages, credits, videos, editors, etc). Some are minor, others can be disruptive to the usage.

Effective compression is currently a sought-after characteristic but not the only one and, sometimes, not desirable; some people want an exact copy of the original distribution material, with a cracked EXE as an optional add-on, so repacks are out.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Working on File Sharing Software Called The OFF Sytem vijayee 3 22,166 Apr 01, 2019, 16:20 pm
Last Post: waregim
  Favourite software for webpage coding RobertX 2 18,633 May 02, 2017, 10:58 am
Last Post: jariceals
  [REQ] Developing a Timed Lock App/Software sheikh2 17 40,256 Jun 20, 2014, 11:36 am
Last Post: sheikh2
  Please comment on this software which allows you to watch & download at the same time shashaanktulsyan 11 35,045 May 31, 2014, 05:07 am
Last Post: renoldscott