[REQ] Developing a Timed Lock App/Software
(Jun 19, 2014, 17:06 pm)NIK Wrote: Already exists.

I don't play games, but I do know that Candy Crush only gives you a small number of lives and then you have to wait for half an hour or so before playing again.

[If you're asking for a lock which the gamer can choose to apply, that won't work as you're proven for yourself. You wouldn't set it.]

I can set the timer myself just as I can close the game when I am done playing, however I lack the ability to stop myself from coming back 15 minutes later to open the game again. There are many people like my self that can benefit from this.

You mention that there is software that can do this already, but you give no names of the software. What are they so I can try them out. I need it to work on windows 7.
Mind looking at
THIS !!!

But you can do all the operations you whant with windows 7 feature called "Task Scheduler ". Good Luck
If you can't stop yourself returning to a game after 15 minutes you won't be able to stop yourself not setting the timer.

Q.E.D.
HEHEHE, that's correct NIK ... That's what I said on my second post.
(Jun 19, 2014, 18:40 pm)NIK Wrote: If you can't stop yourself returning to a game after 15 minutes you won't be able to stop yourself not setting the timer.

Q.E.D.

You're really not helping. Your arguement is so bad I don't even want to counter argue.

As for froz, I appreciate you searching for a solution my friend. Killing a process is a great start but it would need a timer to know how long should it prevent the process from starting up again. And as for task scheduler it does the exact opposite. Instead of denying an app from starting it would start it. Task scheduler does not prevent apps from starting within a time frame.

My goal is to grow this thread big enough so that some who is programing inclined can stumble upon this and decide to develop it. I am positive this sofrware doesnt exist to the public.

I'd appreciate it if there were no more negative post or putdowns on this thread and that only positive and helpful remarks flow through.
(Jun 19, 2014, 19:09 pm)sheikh2 Wrote: I'd appreciate it if there were no more negative post or putdowns on this thread and that only positive and helpful remarks flow through.

You don't get to dictate that everybody has to agree with you.

You asked "Wouldn't it be nice?"

The answer is: "No, it would be stupid."

No getting around that.
Sheik2 "Killprocess" has a timer, next time someone sends you a page with help please read what it says on the page.
(Jun 20, 2014, 06:22 am)Fr0zXell Wrote: Sheik2 "Killprocess" has a timer, next time someone sends you a page with help please read what it says on the page.

I did read it and it mentions nothing about setting a timer. But if you say it can I will download and try it out. Thanks.

P.s try not to be nasty

Edit/ I downloaded it and it does not a have a timer, but it's still a very nice lightweight app that is easy to use... too bad it lacks a timer lock.
Edit2/ The app also does not run in the background. which defeats the purpose.

NIK edited Jun 21, 2014 01:18 am this post because:

That is enough.
You're not a mod.
Stop telling people how to post.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  repack in software TheBeard 2 21,042 Mar 10, 2021, 18:13 pm
Last Post: dueda
  Angular App for TPB siyaa 17 45,756 May 21, 2020, 00:31 am
Last Post: waregim
  Building a Chat App with React.js and Chatkit ankitdixit 1 19,144 Apr 23, 2020, 08:37 am
Last Post: rohanjoshi0894
  Working on File Sharing Software Called The OFF Sytem vijayee 3 22,165 Apr 01, 2019, 16:20 pm
Last Post: waregim
  Piratebay app?? Edeldier123 12 44,789 Mar 17, 2018, 05:54 am
Last Post: bgcrack