Favourite software for webpage coding
I am trying to determine what I should use when making web pages.

Do you use a word processor-like editor like Dreamweaver and craft it like a Word document, or do you go the whole route by coding HTML through means of Notepad or a colour-coded text editor, something like Textpad, Editpad, or anything similar.

I ask because I want to start writing web pages, or provide a free service for educational gain, not financial.

Furthermore, do you also use open source languages like Perl and PHP, or is it just HTML5, CSS, and JavaScript? I've had experience with the aforementioned three, though not extensively.

Webmasters and students alike, you are all welcome to join in to the conversation.
(Apr 26, 2017, 23:53 pm)RobertX Wrote: Furthermore, do you also use open source languages like Perl and PHP, or is it just HTML5, CSS, and JavaScript? I've had experience with the aforementioned three, though not extensively.

Those are multiple connected but unrelated pieces.

If you want to format text and embed media, you need to use HTML.

If you want to style the text and create a layout, you need to use CSS.

If you want to add dynamic elements or create an interactive interface, you need to use JavaScript.

If you are going to process user submitted data or serve up anything other than static files, your web server will be running some kind of scripts written in PHP, Perl, Python, Ruby, or any other language you can make work. Which, in turn, might output HTML, CSS, JavaScript, or something else to return to the visitor.

This very forum uses a number of those pieces to generate your SuprBay experience.

I generally use plain old text editors that do syntax highlighting and not much more.
I use Sublime Text Editor. It has an intelligent user interface. It highlights the code for you in different colours. Moreover it supports most if not all web programming languages. Web programming using php and html are the most commonly used so i salute sublime.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Need help with a Selenium coding problem - Clicking a button using XPath Avantika_Sharmaa24 2 5,791 Aug 21, 2023, 05:34 am
Last Post: Avantika_Sharmaa24
  Coding a generic form RobertX 6 11,371 Aug 16, 2023, 15:12 pm
Last Post: RobertX
  Coding Practice Resource ankitdixit 2 24,212 Sep 26, 2021, 05:36 am
Last Post: ALEX1180
  repack in software TheBeard 2 21,049 Mar 10, 2021, 18:13 pm
Last Post: dueda
  Working on File Sharing Software Called The OFF Sytem vijayee 3 22,172 Apr 01, 2019, 16:20 pm
Last Post: waregim