freenas or unraid and automation questions
Alrighty well let me start off with, I work a lot and don't have the energy to keep it up with my collection. Does anyone know the differences between freenas and unraid other then the price. I own a dell r710 3.5 with 6tb of storage and 16gb of ram. Needing to use automation on literally everything!  This servers just for downloading nothing else. I have a plex server and just want to not worry anymore about transferring everything or renaming it all. Example: I spent over 5 hours once renaming and preparing over 8tb of TV shows most of it anime. I just can't do anymore. it's killing me.

I know about services like couch potato,sick beard, and sonarr already. I just have one question can it cross references my 18TB collection downloads any missing Movies and TV Shows automatically on YIFY, Crunchyroll, ETC . Yeah that right I want the whole 6000+ movies yify has and don't want to spend days downloading them. I also want over 1000+ pieces of anime. all in 1080p goodness! All downloaded and renamed and moved to a huge 64TB Plex server for safe keeping. I am a collector and love to archive media and data-caps are not a issue to me. My ISP just lets people do whatever last couple of month. I have been downloading right around 4TB a month. It's fantastic Big Grin Heart
plex is somewhat cool... Freenas is free and takes up your whole machine. unraid is proprietary and takes up a whole machine, usually one of theirs. They both have some addons for extra features. You could do what you want, but I would just use Linux and add zfs filesystem and add the drives on a good PC, and then write a lot of scripts. filebot is cool for renaming stuff, its a snap app in Linux.

Any way you slice it, your going to spend a lot of money for 64TB.

Good luck!

PS: Look at youtube for more details.
Alright well thank you for the information. Do you know anything about automation torrent software?

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Help: Questions about DRM Schemes and Downloading Malloc 0 20,562 Jul 30, 2020, 18:54 pm
Last Post: Malloc
  New uploader - questions SamStan 6 39,698 Jan 31, 2019, 06:27 am
Last Post: workerbee
  Questions about ads and mining scorpionma 4 40,711 Feb 17, 2018, 10:03 am
Last Post: joew771
  So I got a subpoena from Comcast... Now I have some questions for you guys. planex09 59 220,835 Sep 13, 2017, 17:49 pm
Last Post: Sid
  two noob questions fmiller 4 34,744 Jun 23, 2017, 00:50 am
Last Post: ezapplerepairs