Wrong code
(Dec 19, 2013, 18:33 pm)NIK Wrote: Bridges aren't blocked, only exit nodes.

Thank you so much for your advice on what we "need" to do. Obviously, since the torrent site you're running is so much more popular than the one we run, we have a lot to learn from smart guys like you. Rolleyes

My sincere apologies. I got really frustrated after repeatedly receiving the response "wrong code" upon completing the recaptcha. If the error message had mentioned something about my IP being blocked, that would have been helpful.

How often is TPB's blocklist updated? It's been over five weeks since I changed my Tor policy to disallow exits.
I detest our vague and misleading error messages. Unfortunately Winston is a truly stubborn bastard and he steadfastly refuses to change them (but it's that very same stubbornness that keeps the site running in spite of neverending attempts to shut it down, so it's swings and roundabouts.)

We don't actually run any blocklists, we subscribe to third party ones. I don't know how often they're updated.
(Dec 19, 2013, 19:33 pm)NIK Wrote: We don't actually run any blocklists, we subscribe to third party ones. I don't know how often they're updated.

Any chance you'd be able to reveal which blocklists TPB subscribes to? I'd like to make sure I don't run into a similar problem again here or elsewhere, and it sounds like one step in that is finding out who still thinks I'm running a Tor exit node when I'm not.
No, but I can tell you that the IP address you used to make that post is listed here https://www.dan.me.uk/tornodes
(Dec 19, 2013, 21:11 pm)NIK Wrote: No, but I can tell you that the IP address you used to make that post is listed here https://www.dan.me.uk/tornodes

Thanks, but that list has it right (and I'm looking for where it's wrong). It correctly shows me as running a non-exit Tor node, but if TPB is only blocking exit nodes, that shouldn't have been the problem.

I'm giving up on this for the evening. Thanks for your help -- I really do appreciate it -- and sorry again about the initial attitude.
I thought we only blocked exit nodes, I may be (and it appears I am) wrong about that. It's not a part of the system we have any access to.
i see also this "wrong code", i cant upload torrent file size 700 kb, but another its ok, in what problem ? can help me

NIK edited Dec 20, 2013 00:18 am this post because:

There is nothing wrong with your account, nor the IP address you're using. Just keep trying is all I can suggest.

I got this issue. My IP is static.

NIK edited Jan 01, 2014 19:01 pm this post because:

Your IP isn't banned. If you're not seeing the captcha box, try a different web browser.

Sorta odd, this current situation. Looks like Finland has *only* banned the .se ISP. Those former .sx and .pu and whatever worked just fine from here. Now I have to use TOR and get that effin' "Wrong Code" all the time! Well, fortunately all I have is time and patience Tongue
And quite a lot of torrents still to upload for my Finnish friends to enjoy ;-)
Same problem!
please fix it. Thank you!

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Getting "wrong code" all the time while trying to upload a torrent mark10pearl 2 16,198 Jul 22, 2017, 07:00 am
Last Post: Sid
  Messed Up Code kynutcase 7 26,838 Sep 02, 2016, 05:48 am
Last Post: Q91
  upload greeted by Error, no code just error horrorhound 3 18,246 Jul 22, 2016, 20:49 pm
Last Post: imPROvise
  SuprBay: Authorization code mismatch sby2009Nov14jb 1 17,270 Dec 11, 2013, 22:16 pm
Last Post: kjf