Will I be scammed if I pay for this ebook on how to make money with Reddit?
(Sep 12, 2021, 21:49 pm)peckerhead Wrote: Knowledge is obtained by anyone who wants it bad enough.

Provided certain critical thinking skills?

(Sep 12, 2021, 21:49 pm)peckerhead Wrote: Money doesn't buy access to education. 

Monica please- you know this is a lie.

(Sep 12, 2021, 21:49 pm)peckerhead Wrote: Lots of rich idiots out there to prove that.  Money does make it hell of a lot easier to find the time to learn without worrying about your next meal or finding a shelter to sleep in.

True tho- but with some slight modifactions: Lotsa rich educated assholes out there who behave like idiots in spite of their expensive diplomas

(Sep 12, 2021, 20:21 pm)LadyAnn2 Wrote: I just want to make some money. Is that bad ?

Your thing is making money with a website right? The things you need to know can all be studied for free - all you need is time. And as the pecker says, money to eat and pay rent while you study.

But you should probably start with the basics, some kind of programming/scripting unless you wanna use premade stuff like wordpress or pay somebody to help you. It will take time and effort and/or money. Just don't waste it on "blackhat" scammers
(Sep 12, 2021, 22:19 pm)ill88eagle Wrote: Your thing is making money with a website right? The things you need to know can all be studied for free - all you need is time. And as the pecker says, money to eat and pay rent while you study.

But you should probably start with the basics, some kind of programming/scripting unless you wanna use premade stuff like wordpress or pay somebody to help you. It will take time and effort and/or money. Just don't waste it on "blackhat" scammers

I know that I'm not very smart but I'm doing my best. I'm just trying to learn how to make the Internet give me a job where I can be my own boss. It don't have to be a lot of money but it would be nice to not have worry about finding another paycheck
(Sep 12, 2021, 22:19 pm)ill88eagle Wrote:
(Sep 12, 2021, 21:49 pm)peckerhead Wrote: Knowledge is obtained by anyone who wants it bad enough.

Provided certain critical thinking skills?

Absolutely.  No amount of money or schooling can help if they refuse to think for themselves.  Best you get there is an indoctrinated fool.

(Sep 12, 2021, 23:03 pm)LadyAnn2 Wrote: I'm just trying to learn how to make the Internet give me a job where I can be my own boss.  It don't have to be a lot of money but it would be nice to not have worry about finding another paycheck

Now that work from home is popular, there could be something for you there.  You aren't your own boss, but you don't have to leave the house either.
One idea:
Pick a niche and learn to design websites for it.
Most charge outrageous prices for 20 minites work off a template.

Then charge only modest amounts for maintaining the websites.

Start with XAMPP on your oen machine. For maximum flexibility you can either use a CMS like Drupal which doesnt require coding, or learn to code with Python or Node and build one-of-a-kind websites.

Then migrate it to a Linux machine to make sure there are no permissions problems.

From there to an external host. Where you can rent a server, and host a suite of your sites.
An ecommerce site for comics. Goth books and body piercings. Gummy Bears. Just anything that not everyone else is doing.

And make sure your site/business name has your specialty in it.
Smedley's Bizarro Comics Sites. Not Smedley's Chaep and Amazing Sites.
(Sep 15, 2021, 18:11 pm)waregim Wrote: One idea:
Pick a niche and learn to design websites for it.
Most charge outrageous prices for 20 minites work off a template.

Then charge only modest amounts for maintaining the websites.

Start with XAMPP on your oen machine. For maximum flexibility you can either use a CMS like Drupal which doesnt require coding, or learn to code with Python or Node and build one-of-a-kind websites.

Then migrate it to a Linux machine to make sure there are no permissions problems.

From there to an external host. Where you can rent a server, and host a suite of your sites.
An ecommerce site for comics. Goth books and body piercings. Gummy Bears.  Just anything that not everyone else is doing.

And make sure your site/business name has your specialty in it.
Smedley's Bizarro Comics Sites. Not Smedley's Chaep and Amazing Sites.

You just blew up my head.
Please a level that I can understand. Things get into my brain very slowly and with a lot of work.  Smile
If one has basic skills at art and design it can be lucrative to design websites.
Tutorial videos abound on TPB and etext libraries like libgen.io

The problem of course is that there are tens of millions of web designers. And even more general programmers.

The trick is to find a niche where there are few competitors.

For web site designers it would be wise to pick an ecommerce (business) niche such as designer Alpaca clothing manufacturers.
Then learn about Alpacas. Go to an Alpaca farm, take lots and lots of pics of Alpacas for use in developing Alpaca oriented sites.

Then advertize your site on Alpaca forums. NOT google or any of the SEO stuff.

Ideally you would also sell Alpaca stuff, but this is not necessary.

CMS websites are ones that do not need programming. Like Wordpress. However good ones like Drupal can be *very* complex.
You work off of templates.
Programmable websites require basic programming is some languages like Javascript and its cousin Node, though decent ones are doable in Python, an extremely useful language for nearly all purposes.

XAMPP is a softrware which sets up a server on your desktop, and allows you to build and test websites as you go along. When done, a website (along with its database) can be relocated to another machine, or another site. Websites are (ideally) portable.

If you go the website route, it would however be best to avoid anything with ASP.net in it. This is only for WINDOWS servers, which are in the minority, and not supported by many hosts.

Most web software is designed to run on Linux, though will work fine in a Windows environment.

Point in all this is: There is no *easy* way to make decent money on the net. If you try to sell into pop culture you will be swamped sooner than you think. Often by large operations using bots, so that you cannot sell by price. Their bots will undercut you within minutes, and these operations can sell items at a loss, and still remain viable. They make up for it in volume!

As an example, one particular item I might be interested in as canvas chicken jackets. There is only one dealer, and they are in England, and quite expensive. And the price for a well made chicken diaper is outrageous.
A co-op type site for poultry fashion accessories is something likely to be overlooked by the big Korps.
But not farmers and preppers.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Is bottled water a waste of money? neanderthal 10 18,495 Feb 15, 2024, 16:14 pm
Last Post: lustrous
  Want to make a community for educational torrents. kosmous 1 4,158 Jan 07, 2024, 11:51 am
Last Post: kosmous
  Money lol blackbart 1 3,709 Sep 08, 2023, 22:38 pm
Last Post: RobertX
  How do I make my own floor plan? smerget 5 5,616 Jul 17, 2023, 06:07 am
Last Post: RobertX
  Can I make a torrent file from a torrent on my list? Nantes 2 8,817 Feb 18, 2022, 14:44 pm
Last Post: Moe