Can I make a torrent file from a torrent on my list?
I'm using qBitTorrent client. I have a completed torrent on my list whose torrent file I don't have (was probably from a magnet link). I'd like to upload it to TPB, but TPB requires a torrent file and not merely the magnet link. I tried creating a torrent file by selecting the folder where the files are, but this just added a duplicate entry for this torrent on my list which would have to begin seeding from zero, rather than enjoying the same peers as the original torrent has. How do I create a torrent file that points to the exact same peer hive/same MD5 hash as the torrent I already have?
Quote:How do I create a torrent file that points to the exact same peer hive/same MD5 hash as the torrent I already have?

You can do that only if no file had been modified meanwhile. If it's music, media players may sometimes modify file's tags, thus altering the output hash when trying to recreate the torrent.

You said the torrent is still seeded. Re-download it, don't touch the files and recreate it. Alternatively you can use a client which has the option of saving the torrent file even if you have only the magnet link, like Bitcomet.
If it is still in your torrent client's list, you have the torrent file somewhere. The client can't operate without it. Search your settings and you'll probably find where it keeps them.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Want to make a community for educational torrents. kosmous 1 4,306 Jan 07, 2024, 11:51 am
Last Post: kosmous
  How do I make my own floor plan? smerget 5 5,845 Jul 17, 2023, 06:07 am
Last Post: RobertX
  If BBC can be on the darkweb... Can I? Ladyanne3 2 11,347 Apr 08, 2022, 08:36 am
Last Post: Ladyanne3
  Legit ways on how to make money online. iurik 4 17,710 Jan 10, 2022, 23:39 pm
Last Post: WW3hasstarted
  Trove.is back up (63.586 MB .torrent file) ddoking007 8 35,520 Dec 25, 2021, 03:00 am
Last Post: BalforeDelFuego