What would you like to have banned?
Quote:Would you guys agree that marriage should be banned?

ah! You know marriage is the chief cause of divorce! But please don't ban it, I want to experience that part of life too. I've never met wife kinda species in my life so keep it un-banned till my further notice.

And, as about the question of ban; let's ban each other. But shit I know staff would win that game! Tongue
I would bann Capitalism. Big companies have implemented Capitalism and are slowly eating away the fruits of our forefathers. We cannot be slaves in the lands our forefathers fought to retain. I believe everyone has a right to ownership of property. Increasing the gap between the rich and the poor only brings more vices and problems. Lending a hand like what we do here at this forum is what we truly need. Never again should money have power over the people.
(May 09, 2015, 17:37 pm)RobertX Wrote: Would you guys agree that marriage should be banned?

No, people know what they are getting into... But divorce rate is over 50% I believe the human heart has enough love for more than one person...But if you do find that one true love, then marriage is a good answer.. I know people married for years and they are also best friends....I think that's the key...Sounds so simple and obvious, you have to like each other to get married...
(May 09, 2015, 17:37 pm)RobertX Wrote: If you absolutely love a person, want to spend time together, have kids, and die together or whatnot, why would you have to pay so much money for a piece of steel to be inserted around the finger of your partner and utter words that an (paedophile) intermediary that is not involved in your marriage dictates to you?
Agree 100%, but my thoughts are that the human is symbolistic by nature, rings, tatoos, etc... They feel they have to... Me and my wife are married but we don't wear our rings, doesn't me we don't love each other less. She is a nurse tech, and works with her hands, I'm a fragile diabetic, got my ring when I was a muscled up 250. Now I'm 175. Diabetic ketoacidosis (fucker spins and flys off now).. I mention this because many other people don't wear rings for many different reasons, all legit..

(May 09, 2015, 17:37 pm)RobertX Wrote: A former friend of mine once said, "marriage is a legal but less sincere form of prostitution." With prostitutes, at least you are guaranteed sex, albeit it might be a little dangerous if the hooker has STD.
heh, maybe some truth to that I guess.  People get married for the tax breaks too... I know a few of those... Couples hate each other but are good working partners. Handle the household workings well...
LZA, sorry to hear that you're diabetic. So am I.

What sucks about diabetes is that you have to go on for the rest of your life not enjoying one of the finest things and that's delicious food. I haven't eaten at a buffet restaurant for years because of it. Eating delicious foods is by no means the end-all-and-be-all, but it's a damning thing to endure - and you still die.

Marriage is like Mother's Day and Christmas. Sure the symbolism is important, but since it's too symbolic, it becomes a plaything for the rich to profit from it. Like Christmas, even if it does remind you of the principle of the thing, if you are indeed a "good" person, and was brought up by "good" values, shouldn't you be following those values every day of your life if you actually committed to this? Christmas and Mother's Day are similar. They encourage good deeds and goodwill, but you shouldn't just be doing it once every 365 days.

There you have it. Maybe next time, I should badger God or whoever the hell exists up there in the sky to do His job - because he committed to it.
i would like to ban this thread.
When the conversation is getting good?!? Nahh Smile
(May 11, 2015, 17:06 pm)RobertX Wrote: LZA, sorry to hear that you're diabetic. So am I.

That's OK. I'm actually happy to find out I was diabetic. I had given up lifting, my diet, was hibernating, after work. Disconnected from life, when I was up I was yelling like a bear. When I finally went to the doctor to find out my A1C was 11 (yes 11, back in 2007). I went right back on my diet and to the gym. Micro managing my diet and sugar, I felt awesome, until 2010 the abess in my colon from diverticulitis took me out for good, since I went septic (same thing Brock Lesnar had...) Now my A1C went from 11, to 5.5, in 2008. Now it's 12... I'm just now monitoring my numbers again... Hard to read the computer when your eyes are blury and your sugar is over 600...

(May 11, 2015, 17:06 pm)RobertX Wrote: What sucks about diabetes is that you have to go on for the rest of your life not enjoying one of the finest things and that's delicious food. I haven't eaten at a buffet restaurant for years because of it. Eating delicious foods is by no means the end-all-and-be-all, but it's a damning thing to endure - and you still die.

You can if you take care of your self most of the time. Like when I was powerlifting. 6 days of super clean eating gives you a cheat day. If you're sugar is in control, why not treat yourself. My wife was pissed at me, I went way off course and said "fuck it" grabbed my humalog and injected a few more units. hahahahahha That'll take care of the extra sugar!! Tongue. I know....so irresponsible.

(May 11, 2015, 17:06 pm)RobertX Wrote: Marriage is like Mother's Day and Christmas. Sure the symbolism is important, but since it's too symbolic, it becomes a plaything for the rich to profit from it. Like Christmas, even if it does remind you of the principle of the thing, if you are indeed a "good" person, and was brought up by "good" values, shouldn't you be following those values every day of your life if you actually committed to this? Christmas and Mother's Day are similar. They encourage good deeds and goodwill, but you shouldn't just be doing it once every 365 days.
Agree 100% nothing to add. Like you said ways for the money makers to make money...
i'd like to ban discussing the intricacies of diabetic life styles in a thread meant for the discussions of hypothetically placing restrictions on the freedoms of others.
i would like receive a huge ban on my ass by a dozen of hot chicks from brazil (no transexual inside)
I'd ban Thesaurus Whores   Rolleyes Tongue Wink

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Do you like any celebrities? Ladyanne3 10 984 Mar 05, 2024, 13:04 pm
Last Post: heroskeep
  How do you like your software? ill88eagle 16 24,464 Feb 15, 2024, 16:11 pm
Last Post: lustrous
  Would I be safe downloading this torrent without a vpn? Ladyanne3 12 2,662 Dec 31, 2023, 09:51 am
Last Post: CaptButler
  Anyone know of a french site like Tubi? Ladyanne3 19 4,261 Dec 14, 2023, 11:13 am
Last Post: CaptButler
  Impossible to upload material I would like to upload dirtybastard 3 2,213 Nov 20, 2023, 09:01 am
Last Post: dirtybastard