What is your favoite genre of music?
For me, I'd say I'm an Eclectic, which means I love every type, or i'm not restricted to just one type.

HOWEVER I was born and bred in the golden age of Hip hop, and that's where my heart lays. but I learned to branch out into everything else.
For instance, I do like Metallica, Iron Maiden, I do like Madonna, and Taylor Swift. Pretty much, everything has is proper place in its proper time.

I know people who "only like metal" or a nurse I worked with who will "only listen to Yanni"

What are your favorite bands, musicians, types of music. you'll get no judgement from me. They had a Casey Kasum Playback from 1983 on Sundays at nin at a radio station I have here in Connecticut. I was jamming to New Kids On the Block, Scorpion, etc.. I was listening to my Prince discography when I heard he passed away. Sucks, he was a true genius... He should have been as popular as Michael Jackson...

So let me know what you kike, doesn't matter who. I'mmm looking into more people to listen to.

Spuddy posted a coffee cold song, wich I became a fan to (Mcdermott?)... Anyway, looking forward to your opinions.

P3ll
I guess you could call me a guy who likes every genre of music except country, I hate country.

From Queen to Frank Sinatra, to Mastodon to Disturbed, and Taylor Swift of course. I listen to music that reflects the current mood I'm in, as it's ever changing, but there has always been one type of music that just relaxes my mind, Jazz. I can listen to it whenever, and I like pretty much all types of Jazz.

Dubstep is cool too.
Popular, rap, reggae, rock, and classical.

The other genres can fuck their faces. Smile
You guys can be considered eclectic I guess, since the definition is from "other" sources, not "from all "other sources... so the word is not broadened to meet the guidelines of someone like me who says, I love all kinds of music, and can appreciate each genre in its own circumstance...

Part of the reason I ask you guts is to make sure i;m not missing anything . it would be a dicgrace for me to call myself eclectic, and not now of other genres out there you know, it wouldn't make sence..

keep em coming , everyone. Smile
Well, anyone who's open minded about listening to other genre's are good people in my book Big Grin
Sadly, from experience, alot of the people I know that are mainly into metal or punk GENERALLY hates anything electronic. I'd understand the dislike for the pop music on the radio, but these fuckers are narrowminded (DENSE MOFUkers!)

Anyways, ending my rant with I listen mostly to Tongue

Hardcore Rave/Techno, Heavy Metal and Video Game music (preferbly anything fast and with a melody)
This is a really tough call.

I guess I could cheat, in a sense. Classical music goes as far back as the 11th century, and up to the present, with tons of styles at any time depending upon which nation you're listening to. I also have listened to a lot of it.

But I greatly enjoy jazz (bop, post-bop, modal), a variety of national pop musics from the African continent, Celtic music, and Hungarian etno-folk. So...classical wins out for sheer variety and quantity, but I spend most of my time these days listening to, and relaxing to, the others.
any genre that ACTUALLY made by using and based on MUSICAL FUCKING NOTES rather than ctrl+c ----> ctrl+v on a sampling machines consisted of series of processors + Memories + data storage's devices(that actually have it more useful in my perverted opinions for storing some nude selfies)

note: the Instrument used is not limited to the conventional one...you can use some dildos if it actually can be played by reading some musical notes..who knows
I enjoy everything, not all songs though, I have to feel it here, well not here, but you know what I mean!

Classical is amazing, Blues, Country, Jazz, Rap, Death/Grind/Metal ... Neo Metal, Black Metal, Alternative etc

There are a hell of a lot of genres these days, I still find most genres redundant, all the stuff under metal, like Grind and Gore, I believe is still just metal.

But it is only my opinion. Maybe having different genres makes it interesting ?

I guess all I am saying over all, there will be something from every genre that one can enjoy something, just have to find it, and that is like looking for one particular piece of sand on the beach. How annoying is that!
When I get back here, later this week, I'll probably put up some etno-folk Hungarian. And maybe some Ethiopian jazz. Will be curious what you all think of it.
(Jul 25, 2016, 04:42 am)Philidor Wrote: When I get back here, later this week, I'll probably put up some etno-folk Hungarian. And maybe some Ethiopian jazz. Will be curious what you all think of it.

Sure Philidor, I will just about give anything a go.

Some times it is as though it is the context, the people, the mood, and other things that can deliver uncomfortable sounds from different cultures. That and then some, and alcohol and drugs Smile ... but even sober.

Never know it could change my life!

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What music genre do you enjoy the most? lustrous 9 2,284 Mar 22, 2024, 13:41 pm
Last Post: lustrous
  Need some advice for uploading music :) lustrous 3 1,014 Feb 27, 2024, 18:12 pm
  Do you still buy music CDs? Xern0n 196 381,666 Feb 16, 2024, 12:17 pm
  Fuck The Music Industry lustrous 4 1,034 Feb 14, 2024, 15:34 pm
  The world music thread blimey23 16 34,756 Feb 04, 2024, 19:33 pm
Last Post: Resurgence