What is your favoite genre of music?
90's electro....but most other things...
(Apr 27, 2016, 16:44 pm)Joker__TPB Wrote: I guess you could call me a guy who likes every genre of music except country, I hate country.

From Queen to Frank Sinatra, to Mastodon to Disturbed, and Taylor Swift of course. I listen to music that reflects the current mood I'm in, as it's ever changing, but there has always been one type of music that just relaxes my mind, Jazz. I can listen to it whenever, and I like pretty much all types of Jazz.

Dubstep is cool too.

I'll look into Dubstep... Thanks!

(Jul 23, 2016, 01:44 am)Philidor Wrote: This is a really tough call.

I guess I could cheat, in a sense. Classical music goes as far back as the 11th century, and up to the present, with tons of styles at any time depending upon which nation you're listening to. I also have listened to a lot of it.

But I greatly enjoy jazz (bop, post-bop, modal), a variety of national pop musics from the African continent, Celtic music, and Hungarian etno-folk. So...classical wins out for sheer variety and quantity, but I spend most of my time these days listening to, and relaxing to, the others.

It really is a tough call. Almost an unfair question.. If this was posed to me I'd say eclectic... I like everything... Taylor Swift was country... I HATED country until I allowed myself to be more open... I was missing something... I am a golden age rap boy, I HATE raps about nothing... does nothing to bring rap music up... Give me Rakim and Gangstarr all day...
(Jul 25, 2016, 05:40 am)SMOk3 Wrote: 90's electro....but most other things...
I love Trance, electro, etc. nothing better to sit back and just VIBE... Sometimes, no words are the best!!

Thanks guys, keep the replies coming!! You remind me of shit I forgot!!

(Jul 25, 2016, 04:50 am)5c4lLY349 Wrote:
(Jul 25, 2016, 04:42 am)Philidor Wrote: When I get back here, later this week, I'll probably put up some etno-folk Hungarian. And maybe some Ethiopian jazz. Will be curious what you all think of it.

Sure Philidor, I will just about give anything a go.

Some times it is as though it is the context, the people, the mood, and other things that can deliver uncomfortable sounds from different cultures. That and then some, and alcohol and drugs Smile ... but even sober.

Never know it could change my life!

I agree 100% Music is important and it changes my life for the better all the time... "etno-folk Hungarian. And maybe some Ethiopian jazz" huh, I'll have to check that out!!!! Thanks!
right now, EDM in general. apart from that, anything with a good instrumental, progression, and/or melody.
I really like soft rock from the 80's, or mostly anything easy listening. maybe its my age Sad
Ska music for me it's what I was brought up on
Techno & Electronic and all the countless sub genres they spawned over the decades.
I always go in a cycle with my music. Usually goes from Classic Rock - 80's Pop/Rock - Electronic/Trance and then I'll make the switch to something like Jazz or Vocal in the 40s/50s and then cycle starts all over. It's like a tour of the ages. Usually I get stuck on one genre for a month or two. Right now I'm in my electronic phase. Specifically hardstyle and trap.
(Aug 05, 2016, 12:28 pm)hoofa Wrote: I really like soft rock from the 80's, or mostly anything easy listening. maybe its my age Sad

Don't frown, I have free SiriusXM in my car(for now, I will purchase a subscription). My first preset is "80's on 8" (it starts with 50'5 on 5, going through 2000 on channel 10.) There is just something about the 80's in particular.

(Aug 06, 2016, 08:19 am)jesste66 Wrote: Ska music for me it's what I was brought up on
Thanks for the post. I've just learned of a new Genre. I'll have to research and listen more... Wikipedia says it was before reggae?  

(Aug 09, 2016, 06:51 am)Itanium2 Wrote: Techno & Electronic and all the countless sub genres they spawned over the decades.

Me too. But I think my favorite is house... the classic stuff.

(Aug 18, 2016, 02:28 am)BeerKey Wrote: I always go in a cycle with my music. Usually goes from Classic Rock - 80's Pop/Rock - Electronic/Trance and then I'll make the switch to something like Jazz or Vocal in the 40s/50s and then cycle starts all over. It's like a tour of the ages. Usually I get stuck on one genre for a month or two. Right now I'm in my electronic phase. Specifically hardstyle and trap.

I told Hoofa, there is something about the 80's in particular I love. Every type has it's place and specific emotion it invokes.
I love mostly everything music-wise but I am drawn to J Pop, Video Game, and Anime music. Throw in a little Symphonic Metal and it is all good.
i like weird stuff.

and ManoWar.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What music genre do you enjoy the most? lustrous 9 2,289 Mar 22, 2024, 13:41 pm
Last Post: lustrous
  Need some advice for uploading music :) lustrous 3 1,020 Feb 27, 2024, 18:12 pm
  Do you still buy music CDs? Xern0n 196 381,718 Feb 16, 2024, 12:17 pm
  Fuck The Music Industry lustrous 4 1,037 Feb 14, 2024, 15:34 pm
  The world music thread blimey23 16 34,763 Feb 04, 2024, 19:33 pm
Last Post: Resurgence