Welcome, if you're joining us from KAT
Been a KAT member, forum user, downloader, uploader for 18 months. It's a shame to see this happen, but I figure it's the nature of the game--sooner or later, some government's going to have a faction that sees an advantage in taking you out, and crowing about it. Vaulin should have been smarter, but it's easy to criticize after the fact.

In any case, I'm glad to see this welcoming thread, with its solid info about the differences between KAT and TPB. I look forward to taking a more active part in the future, but I also look forward to KAT's return. Hopefully, nobody here will consider that heresy, or a sign of immanent brain damage on my part.
Yeah! KAT maybe will back soon.
Welcome to SuprBay.

EDIT: I have a wild idea: why don't KAT and TPB come together?
(Jul 21, 2016, 20:54 pm)Kooroe Wrote: I respectfully disagree try searching daz3d and the most seeded file is v4 from 2006. The dazed line is up to genesis 3 now and there are little to almost no gen3 files on here. Where as KAT almost everyday there was new gen3 file with 50 seeds plus.

You missed my point (which, admittedly, I did not make in any way well).

There is no reason that torrents uploaded to KAT could not have been uploaded here as well. It would not have detracted from KAT in any way. That they weren't is, to be brutally honest, the fault of the short sighted individuals who only uploaded at KAT; and the downloaders who didn't didn't bother to reupload here (or anywhere else). You are the authors of your own misfortune.

When, God willing, KAT comes back, learn from this experience. Don't put all your eggs in one basket.
(Jul 21, 2016, 22:06 pm)RobertX Wrote: EDIT: I have a wild idea: why don't KAT and TPB come together?

the origins of the Suprbay creations?
possible but difficult since first both have to come into the same perceptions in how the movement will lean to, resilience or popularity.
(Jul 21, 2016, 22:06 pm)RobertX Wrote: EDIT: I have a wild idea: why don't KAT and TPB come together?

All sorts of reasons but the one which should resonate most strongly with everyone in this particular thread is that if they did that then the MAFIAA would only have to take down one site instead of two complete separate and different sites simultaneously.
(Jul 21, 2016, 22:06 pm)RobertX Wrote: Welcome to SuprBay.

EDIT: I have a wild idea: why don't KAT and TPB come together?

As in what? Merge torrents? Merge communities?

The source code is now in the hands of the US Government. Given the KAT founder really made little to no effort in covering his tracks, I doubt he gave site backups to others, but perhaps I'm wrong.

KATs codebase is continuously updated PHP whereas TPBs is 2006 era borderline working spaghetti code.
Note that some new tips have been added to the opening post.

(Jul 21, 2016, 23:13 pm)zMTz Wrote: Given the KAT founder really made little to no effort in covering his tracks

Don't be obtuse. He managed to stay hidden for 7 years in spite of the no doubt intense searching that was being done for him by multiple commercial and government interests. He did a pretty fucking good job of covering his tracks but they only had to get lucky once, he had to stay lucky every single hour of every single day from BEFORE he became a target.
(Jul 21, 2016, 12:38 pm)SteRipper Wrote: Hey guys.
I was quite active on KAT as a downloader, and came to know a ton of users there, so I guess you can technically say I'm a refugee.
Either way, I'm going to miss KAT, and I hope it can make a comeback.

If anyone from KAT is reading this message: It's different here on TPB, but it's a great place to be. Smile

I was quite active on KAT as a downloader Sad
Hi all Katatonians Smile

Feeling quite naked without KAT Sad

love this thread though Wink

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  search engine that searches tpb, demonoid, kat, 1337x m1t0s1s 1 9,476 Jan 31, 2022, 09:26 am
Last Post: RobertX
  You do not die or get addicted to ANY drug if you do not abuse it. vonRicht 97 147,860 Feb 23, 2021, 16:47 pm
Last Post: dueda
  https://kat.cr/ Down? TheEmpathicEar 13 28,178 Mar 10, 2018, 06:01 am
Last Post: joew771
  How do you feel when you SEED or UPLOAD a torrent? paooleole 10 25,809 Jan 17, 2018, 17:03 pm
Last Post: RobertX
  Welcome back, SuprBay! workerbee 14 34,919 Jan 15, 2018, 16:03 pm
Last Post: Sid