Welcome, if you're joining us from KAT
Just heard the news about KAT, shame and hope it returns
(Jul 21, 2016, 05:04 am)Terrydafox Wrote: Hey, another KAT refugee, I never posted anything up before but I have frequently downloaded games from some of my favorite uploaders which makes me concerned as to where they will go now to post.

Hey Terrydafox i think i saw you on the boat over here Big Grin
Most uploaders post on multiple sites,including tpb,so you should still find them here.
Idea....We should start a stray KAT`s club.
(Jul 21, 2016, 05:19 am)B4ND1T69 Wrote: Idea....We should start a stray KAT`s club.

while i commend your sense of unity with the currently (hopefully temporarily) displaced kat community, take comfort in the understanding that in the grand sense of personal identity and associations, we are all already united by having sipped and, or chugged from a cup of the most thirst quenching - and quite tasty - community inspired flavor of kool-aid known as file sharing.
hi folks, an other stray kat here

it's ,good to see politux bitching, complaining and kicking on downed people here to, i was worried i was going to have miss that now that KAT is down.
good to know some things will never change, where ever you are.
Well, politux does have a point about some people having trouble finding the forum, at least those with short attention span. Compared to KAT the forum is "well-hidden" all the way at the end of a small text menu.
Took me a minute to notice it. Rolleyes

PS: Yes, another stray kat reporting.
It's what I said in the opening post--everything at KAT was integrated--their forum was much easier to find.

Ours isn't. It's hard to find (even for our members). But the corollary is that it's much more resilient. Different domain, different user database, different servers. When TPB goes down, we stay up. Old skool ain't slick, but it's still standing Wink
thought i'd never see this..
Then you've never thought.

Everything dies sooner or later. A thousand years from now nobody will even remember KAT (and even TPB will be nothing but a paragraph or two in an obscure history text).

Sometime between now and then all torrent sites will close, perhaps temporarily from time to time but eventually, inevitably, permanently. The admins will lose interest and close voluntarily, or they'll be forced to close by the MAFIAA, or they'll be rendered obsolete by new sharing technologies.

So get used to it. Don't tie yourself [emotionally] to a single site--there is never any need to do so and doing so will never end in anything but tears. The one thing you can rely on is that human beings--social creatures--will always find a way to share. When one door closes, several open.
(Jul 21, 2016, 10:00 am)Sid Wrote: or they'll be rendered obsolete by new sharing technologies.

This.
still looking,searching, waiting...
Hey guys.
I was quite active on KAT as a downloader, and came to know a ton of users there, so I guess you can technically say I'm a refugee.
Either way, I'm going to miss KAT, and I hope it can make a comeback.

If anyone from KAT is reading this message: It's different here on TPB, but it's a great place to be. Smile

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  search engine that searches tpb, demonoid, kat, 1337x m1t0s1s 1 9,589 Jan 31, 2022, 09:26 am
Last Post: RobertX
  You do not die or get addicted to ANY drug if you do not abuse it. vonRicht 97 149,043 Feb 23, 2021, 16:47 pm
Last Post: dueda
  https://kat.cr/ Down? TheEmpathicEar 13 28,520 Mar 10, 2018, 06:01 am
Last Post: joew771
  How do you feel when you SEED or UPLOAD a torrent? paooleole 10 25,988 Jan 17, 2018, 17:03 pm
Last Post: RobertX
  Welcome back, SuprBay! workerbee 14 35,098 Jan 15, 2018, 16:03 pm
Last Post: Sid