Unable to connect! Worked fine for months. ISP blocking? Help!
Dunno where to put this really. It's related to the use of TPB but not TPB itself. Anyway…

I have torrented happily every day for a few months in a row now without any real issues. That changed yesterday. Now I can barely connect to anyone and all TBP-torrenting from small torrents are effectively dead for me. This is a big issue since I'm trying to download a few torrents that only has one seeder showing up a few hours per month, sometimes just mere minutes. I'm also virtually the only seeder for a few torrents.

I used to connect to others solely via trackers on TPB torrents. Out of the default tracker list
Show Content
only Leechers paradise and Coppersurfer ever worked. Now they all show up as "could not connect to tracker". I have tried to add a few more trackers. I learned through searching that zer0day have changed address. I tried that, but the result was the same.

I'm seeding a few Ubuntu distros as well, unrelated to TPB, and the sole tracker for those still works, although those torrents have acted erratically. I got the impression that all connections reset several times per minute sometimes. Transfer speed has been very slow.

PEX and DHT have only worked for my Ubuntu torrents I think, and then only as a complement for already crowded torrents with hundreds of seeders and a dozen leechers. Less than 10% of all connections have been via PEX or DHT. DHT connections have been especially rare, perhaps 2-3% of all connections.

I have checked my own connection, my routers and ports, and all that seem to work as they should. I have tested to bypass all routers and connected directly to the wall socket just to be sure. Have I missed something?

The only clue I have is that all TPB torrents use UDP trackers while the Ubuntu torrents use HTTP trackers. I can reach the trackers' websites though.

I suspect my ISP is batting down on torrenting, possibly blocking known pirate trackers. Even on the working Ubuntu torrents I'm barely connected to anyone, connections abort sometimes, transfer speeds are really really slow despite I'm able to reach 500 Mbits/s in web tests, and sometimes transfer speed is high at first, but then slows down dramatically. I used to seed in the megabytes per second, but now it's mostly in the tens of kilobytes for all torrents.

It should be noted that my ISP have rearranged the network the past 4 months, partly to offer IP phone via a shitty home router instead of a dedicated mainframe/server we used to have for our common real estate/property, as well as TV over IP and a speed raise for everyone.

I have tried a few new torrents, and DHT worked well in to download in those cases. But those where very popular torrents with dozens and hundreds of seeders. So while DHT, oh so praised by the staff here, worked for that, it doesn't work for the torrents I'm interested in.

What can I do? Please help!

And now everything works like before all of a sudden. What the hell?

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Unable to load Revit 2022 - RJaa - Help requested. Fen1and 0 3,180 Jun 05, 2023, 12:54 pm
Last Post: Fen1and
  Unable to load up for some of the torrents crazy_anon 2 3,750 May 22, 2023, 02:19 am
Last Post: crazy_anon
  Win 10 blocking utorrent daigorohanzo 9 11,452 Feb 16, 2022, 14:11 pm
Last Post: daigorohanzo
  Why won't TOR connect? HenryCan 0 6,897 Jan 15, 2022, 07:34 am
Last Post: HenryCan
  Just Happened: Wine Suddenly Exits a Game Just Now; Was Fine Before... RobertX 9 21,849 Oct 19, 2021, 13:35 pm
Last Post: Rahudixi825