Why won't TOR connect?
I have an intermittent problem with TOR not connecting. For instance, this morning I launched TOR and each of my five tabs displayed the Connect to Tor page with the
"Always Connect Automatically" checkbox checked and then absolutely nothing happened. I had the same situation yesterday and resolved it by closing Tor and re-opening it but today that makes no difference: I still have five tabs showing the Connect to Tor page but none of those pages show any sign of actually connecting.

Yet one very odd thing *is* happening: Task Manager says Tor is the biggest single user of my CPU at very close to 40% so it seems to be trying to connect but failing.

Okay, I finally got it to connect by killing Tor in Task Manager and then relaunching; now four of the five tabs connect and present the relative pages. (The third tab, which is supposed to display thefutoncritic.com fails to connect but I've had that symptom for weeks now so I just open that page in Firefox if I need it.)

I'd be interesting in knowing:
1) what keeps Tor from connecting when it is in "Always Connect Automatically" mode
2) why it can't seem to open thefutoncritic.com (it always gives me a timeout message eventually).

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Why Does AVG antivirus keep sending pop ups? WW3hasstarted 8 4,312 Jan 26, 2024, 15:51 pm
Last Post: RobertX
  Why sometimes there are 2 or 3 seeders but the download stops? hernandezheleno 1 1,076 Jan 06, 2024, 02:09 am
Last Post: kron
  TPB not working in Tor but okay in Firefox HenryCan 2 9,395 Jan 15, 2022, 08:47 am
Last Post: HenryCan
  Tor Browser not working well in Windows 10 HenryCan 1 8,527 Dec 04, 2021, 18:32 pm
Last Post: anonemoose
  torrent tries to connect to the uploaders site. TheBeard 25 56,419 Apr 23, 2021, 08:40 am
Last Post: TheBeard