Star Trek thread
Ever since the board has been reinstated last February, we have been in a loss of a Star Trek thread.

Let's keep all Trek talk in here. Talk about every Trek TV series and movies in here, ask questions, or tell us your favourite episodes.

I'll start.

My favourite The Next Generation episode is Chain of Command. This is the one where Captain Picard was captured by the alien race Cardassians in an abortive assault with two of his officers against a secret facility to destroy a metagenic weapon.

I liked Patrick Stewart's acting, the way that the sub-story between Commander Riker and Acting Enterprise-D commanding office Edward Jellico was woven among the plots and the way that the 1984 torture scene was incorporated into the episode.

And I would like to share a link. This is by no means my site, just my favourite site: http://en.memory-alpha.org. It's a Wikipedia of Star Trek information. The Star Trek Encyclopedia books you find (if you still can) in stores are obsolete; if you want to learn something about Star Trek, find it there.
Star Trek: Enterprise

[Image: Startrekenterpriselogo.jpg]

Although not the main character, i was very happy when she appears on the screen.  Blush

This is her:
Show Content
Oh, Linda Park.

I like her too, actually.

Way better than Jeri Ryan, Marina Sirtis, or even Zoe Saldana.
I just watch the original Star Trek 

The cutest / hottest chick there I think is yeoman janice rand

*i haven't seen all of the eps but it's most likely her 

Attached Files Image(s)

R.I.P. Grace Lee Whitney, the actress who played Yeoman Rand.
when will started these new tv series they announced ??
It's to be released starting 2017.
HUGE STAR TREK FAN..

Next generation rules, but there is always a place in my heart for the original.

I like DS9, when it's on I'll always watch it, like Voyager.

Grew up on the original, which I remember was a bond between dad and I. of all the classics, Wrath of Kahn was my favorites. Then The Voyage home.

Pretty my every episode in every series of TNG could be my favorite. Almost consider myself a guru on that.

the NEW ones, with Kirk and Spock as a Prequel, I haven't seen because I didn't have time to really put down to watch. Plus, I don't know if it'll ruin the "essence" of the original.

Kirk was the ass kicker cowboy, Picard was the smooth politician... I guess anything with the Enterprise is something I can get into.

I have a millizillion episodes I can quote... the one that comes to minde now that I find funny is when Lore was first introduced, he traps Wharf in the turbolift Lore says smugly says "now, show mw your warrior strength, then warf gives him a backhand from hell and Lore just smiles. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAH I LOVE IT
As far as the Original Series, with Kirk, any would be my favorite, which is to say, if I see it on TV I'll stop and watch it.  I like the idea of Captain Sulu. Admiral Kirk would have been better if he commanded a starship, but that's not what admirals do. So Kirk back to Captain is like Kirk to the 5th power.

Kirk to the 5th power is like Kakarot (Goku SSN5) vs. Picard (who is superman KAL-EL) a GOD. Goku keeps fighting from the ground coming to the top, but Picard is the polished god that has more power as he uses more intellect than mere muscle power. that's where the line breaks between the two. Kirk is the fighting Captain (and has seen god mode but prefers to fight with his own muscles (bull in a china shop kinda cowboy diplomacy). but Picard is the Kal-EL, knows hes a god and diplomacy means more to him than it does to Kirk.

Both mean for the best, both get the best results in different ways.. you have to respect both captains on their own performances.

I'm not gonna say who is better, because I don't think there is an answer to that... Kirk Gets it done while Picard gets it done with more tact... Which is harder to do, but not always better to do... that's all i'm sayin''  
The new series, called Star Trek: Discovery, is going to be released in 2017.

It will feature a woman in a lead role, but she will not follow tradition by not being a captain.

And it's set in a decade before the Original Series.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Star Trek and beyond....whats next roggerzim 8 23,417 Mar 19, 2020, 14:53 pm
Last Post: waregim
  Star Trek: Discovery vs. The Orville joew771 12 43,196 Jun 16, 2019, 11:47 am
Last Post: analogkid6103
  TV Show ‘Empire’ a UK Hit Thanks to Pirates, Star Says Ernesto 0 16,895 Apr 30, 2015, 00:49 am
Last Post: Ernesto