Star Trek thread
I can tolerate one or two, but it's just too much.

The only thing that can rekindle my faith in the franchise is if they do something different. They haven't done that since the last decade.

I guess I shouldn't judge a book by its cover and watch it.

I wonder how the Kickstarter project "Prelude to Axanar" is coming along. They're still reinventing the wheel like Paramount/CBS, but they have a fresh start.
(May 02, 2016, 16:15 pm)LZA Wrote: HUGE STAR TREK FAN..

Next generation rules, but there is always a place in my heart for the original.

I like DS9, when it's on I'll always watch it, like Voyager.

Grew up on the original, which I remember was a bond between dad and I. of all the classics, Wrath of Kahn was my favorites. Then The Voyage home.

Pretty my every episode in every series of TNG could be my favorite. Almost consider myself a guru on that.

the NEW ones, with Kirk and Spock as a Prequel, I haven't seen because I didn't have time to really put down to watch. Plus, I don't know if it'll ruin the "essence" of the original.

Kirk was the ass kicker cowboy, Picard was the smooth politician... I guess anything with the Enterprise is something I can get into.

I have a millizillion episodes I can quote... the one that comes to minde now that I find funny is when Lore was first introduced, he traps Wharf in the turbolift Lore says smugly says "now, show mw your warrior strength, then warf gives him a backhand from hell and Lore just smiles. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAH I LOVE IT

The new ones were made by a guy who admitted to not understanding Trek. They're good as standalone action flicks, but they're not really Trek. Spock is trying too hard to be human in these and dates Uhura, which would be fine had they mentioned Pon Farr instead of treating it like a human romance. I can't really say more without spoiling it for you. Basically they took a positive outlook on the future of humanity where people work together to solve a mystery and turned it into an action flick.

The Trek we know and love is dying. The new series is already walking all over canon and that's just the trailer.
For the most part, I agree.

I guess the last chance to change my opinion of the state of the Star Trek franchise is the upcoming TV series Star Trek Discovery.

Care to cross your fingers?
Watching football tonight and I saw a commercial for yet another Star Trek series....

Star Trek: Discovery
[/url]
[url=http://www.imdb.com/title/tt5171438/]I'm not sure, but it seems that the ST franchise is being diluted with new series and reboots... Who knows, though. This may be good.
I will give it a chance, but I don't think I'll be very forthcoming.
Honestly, I think star trek discovery will be awesome, can't waitSmile
After watching the first 2 episodes of 'Discovery' I got nostalgic for the Original.
Decided to reseed series starting with the first season.

[Image: StarTrek101d.md.jpg]

Enough to make it a point to seed the first season of the Original?

Good man. Smile
The first season will never hold a candle to TNG as far as the series goes. The original DEFINITELY had better movies, though...
(Sep 27, 2017, 22:12 pm)LZA Wrote: The first season will never hold a candle to TNG as far as the series goes.  The original DEFINITELY had better movies, though...

Nothing beats the original stuff Tongue

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Star Trek and beyond....whats next roggerzim 8 23,417 Mar 19, 2020, 14:53 pm
Last Post: waregim
  Star Trek: Discovery vs. The Orville joew771 12 43,196 Jun 16, 2019, 11:47 am
Last Post: analogkid6103
  TV Show ‘Empire’ a UK Hit Thanks to Pirates, Star Says Ernesto 0 16,893 Apr 30, 2015, 00:49 am
Last Post: Ernesto