So I got a subpoena from Comcast... Now I have some questions for you guys.
* NIK is impressed, and he doesn't impress easy
if it was happening with me i simply ignore this BS letter.
Goshhh they even don't know who you are.
meanwhile just take any information you can, like you are doing to protect yourself from any scam
(Apr 30, 2014, 20:08 pm)NIK Wrote: * NIK is impressed, and he doesn't impress easy

Thank you, NIK.

I joined this forum because I wanted to look for insight into tips for torrenting (effective means, protecting myself, etc.) but it occurred to me immediately upon registering that the relationship could be mutually beneficial.

I hope to be able to folks in the areas that I have the education and professional experience in.

Smile
(Apr 30, 2014, 16:44 pm)TV-Tastic Wrote: snippity snip!

What Mr. Verbosity said is, essentially, ignore it. Smile Which is what I've been telling people for a long time now.

These letters are sent out all the time by cable/internet companies to cover their asses. They have proof that they notified you, but nothing ever comes of it. Because of what paralegal guy said; it is all about the money. They want you to use their services because they make money, so they won't do anything about it, and the other guys are trying to basically blackmail you for money and they have done all they legally can to do that.

Don't fall for this sort of thing. Toss the letter in the trash and go on downloading. They can't legally do any more than they have, they are just hoping to scare unsuspecting people into paying them money 'off the record'.

btw. I like verbosity and I was impressed too. But legal jargon is gay. Tongue
(Apr 30, 2014, 16:44 pm)TV-Tastic Wrote: Hi, all. I'm new here but I'm a certified paralegal with several years of civil litigation experience...

Thank you. That was helpful.

(Apr 30, 2014, 16:44 pm)TV-Tastic Wrote: Don't get pissed at us because of how poorly you worded this, although, Comcast can't serve you a subpoena on another party's behalf, trying to navigate through your comments and determine your intent is a little difficult. You don't seem like a complete idiot, in fact you seem like you could be quite literate, yourself, but you're just being lazy. If you want people to help you, perhaps you should make yourself as clear as possible.

I wasn't being lazy, I was scared. My mind was racing a million miles a minute and, as I'm sure you know, when this happens it is very difficult to think. Higher brain functions, such as syntax, are the first to be compromised.

(Apr 30, 2014, 16:44 pm)TV-Tastic Wrote: Obviously, I'm just busting your chops but take into consideration how your audience might perceive a post before you post it and try to be as clear as possible to avoid confusion. Also, when you're asking for help and you question the intelligence of the people who are looking to help you by questioning if they are literate or not, it doesn't make people more inclined to want to provide that help.

I always question the intelligence of the people who are trying to assist me. It often prevents me from taking (and acting on) bad advice.
(May 02, 2014, 23:03 pm)planex09 Wrote: I always question the intelligence of the people who are trying to assist me. It often prevents me from taking (and acting on) bad advice.

What the fuck, seriously?

You engage in something illegal (in your part of the world), get "caught", come to the forum that supports the biggest website on the planet for pirating, ask advice and then whine and question the responses you get? Maybe you should have thought about your actions first....

Grow a set, appreciate the help and go act on it.
(May 02, 2014, 21:22 pm)joew771 Wrote:
(Apr 30, 2014, 16:44 pm)TV-Tastic Wrote: snippity snip!

What Mr. Verbosity said is, essentially, ignore it. Smile...

btw. I like verbosity and I was impressed too. But legal jargon is gay. Tongue

I've been called worse... by my wife. Verbose, that is... not gay. LOL! Wink

I tried to limit the legal jargon to specifically what others had discussed, subpoenas, service of process, etc., and what I couldn't I tried to put in layman's terms.

(May 02, 2014, 23:03 pm)planex09 Wrote: Thank you. That was helpful.
Glad I could help. Feel free to PM me if you have any more questions.

Quote:I wasn't being lazy, I was scared. My mind was racing a million miles a minute and, as I'm sure you know, when this happens it is very difficult to think. Higher brain functions, such as syntax, are the first to be compromised.
Fair enough. Panic does tend to do that.

Quote:I always question the intelligence of the people who are trying to assist me. It often prevents me from taking (and acting on) bad advice.

I get what you're saying but maybe a little more tactful approach is called for. Wink
(May 03, 2014, 03:25 am)TV-Tastic Wrote: layman

So gay. But I am only kidding. And I'm just kidding about kidding. Or am I? Legal words are too hard to unnerstan...

Subpenises and summonsing the devil or whatever black magick things are not my cup of tea.

I stick to the facts. The facts are, that the op has no need to worry, because it is a bunch of shit, and the other fact is that lawyers are filled with shit, and their paralegals help fill the world with the shit that lawyers spew all over by filling out the shit notices that are sent out to unsuspecting people.
@planex09

Sorry for your trouble I have read every post and it looks Like every one has gave you a good
advice

my advice is to start using AIRVPN not free but the best if you ask me

good luck
[/quote]
the other fact is that lawyers are filled with shit, and their paralegals help fill the world with the shit that lawyers spew all over by filling out the shit notices that are sent out to unsuspecting people.
[/quote]

Wait a sec, you mean making gobs of money without actually producing anything of value is a bad thing?

ROFLMAO! True dat.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  I've got a moral delima Ladyanne3 5 395 Mar 22, 2024, 17:51 pm
Last Post: LZA
  Calling all technical people for some help. Ladyanne3 4 1,286 Jan 27, 2024, 18:07 pm
Last Post: Ladyanne3
  Youtube is really sucking right now Ladyanne3 7 1,495 Jan 17, 2024, 20:25 pm
Last Post: Ladyanne3
  Do you have a discord server? Ladyanne3 7 4,819 Jul 28, 2023, 23:59 pm
Last Post: RobertX
  Anyone have any experience installing a xenforo forum? Ladyanne3 1 4,420 Jun 30, 2023, 03:50 am
Last Post: snx