= Shibby's Digital Vault =
(Sep 14, 2023, 12:40 pm)ageekyguy Wrote:
(Sep 13, 2023, 20:58 pm)KinoQueen13 Wrote: A, rare, thought came to my mind or maybe a worry.  I have been doing a lot of ripping of VHS cassettes and posting the "rare" ones (the ones that you just cant find anywhere) on YouTube and Archive.org.  So people can enjoy movies like Mr. No Legs.  lol  Should I watermark my stuff?  I don't mind people using my stuff for personal.  I'm just saving utter garbage cheese movies so everyone can enjoy.  I don't want people to make money off me and my daughter's hard work (I'm using it as a teachable moment for film editing).  I have a lot of very rare public domain filth that I paid a good $10 for the box of VHS tapes it came in.  lol

I wouldn't watermark.  If it's rare stuff, it could end up being the only version people can find in the future and having watermarks over the content can kind of ruin it.

Oh good point.  I wont do the watermark thingy.  I'd rather have people enjoy the cheese additive free.  lol
(Sep 13, 2023, 20:58 pm)KinoQueen13 Wrote: A, rare, thought came to my mind or maybe a worry.  I have been doing a lot of ripping of VHS cassettes and posting the "rare" ones (the ones that you just cant find anywhere) on YouTube and Archive.org.  So people can enjoy movies like Mr. No Legs.  lol  Should I watermark my stuff?  I don't mind people using my stuff for personal.  I'm just saving utter garbage cheese movies so everyone can enjoy.  I don't want people to make money off me and my daughter's hard work (I'm using it as a teachable moment for film editing).  I have a lot of very rare public domain filth that I paid a good $10 for the box of VHS tapes it came in.  lol

Do you care to share your YouTube channel? I miss the random and rare stuff that used to pop up here in this thread, your channel sounds fun. 

I feel like a junkie searching for a fix of obscure or weird commentary like George Cosmatos commentary for Of Unknown Origin! (If his son Panos has done commentary, I'd LOVE to hear it. His flicks are something else!) Or Schizopolis with commentary by Steven Soderbergh interviewing Steven Soderbergh! Or just weird flicks like What Is It? by Crispin Glover. Twister (1989) also with Crispy and with Harry Dean Stanton. (Those are not requests, I got 'em, but they're indicative of "cool shit" to me.)

Odd and/or commentaries.

Example: I'd love 1080p copies of Fight Club or SE7EN which both had FOUR commentaries on the DVD releases, especially if the files were around the 2- 3gb range (because I'm poor and don't have tons of space for 8gb files or fast internet right now). Any Carpenter or Romero commentaries are fun because they are having fun doing them; it's not the atonal slog of factoids that some people do (which have their place, to be sure). Fun commentaries.

A lot of my rarities were already shared here months/years ago. Mostly re-ups would be the order of the day for me, mostly. I've had a few upgrades and additions even with my recent HDD crash(es).

Shame about the thread name. I wonder if we can change it or just start a new thread and let this one die? I still like the IDEA of this thread. Shibby.
(Jul 21, 2024, 18:34 pm)Meat Trademark Wrote:

Do you care to share your YouTube channel? I miss the random and rare stuff that used to pop up here in this thread, your channel sounds fun. 

I feel like a junkie searching for a fix of obscure or weird commentary like George Cosmatos commentary for Of Unknown Origin! (If his son Panos has done commentary, I'd LOVE to hear it. His flicks are something else!) Or Schizopolis with commentary by Steven Soderbergh interviewing Steven Soderbergh! Or just weird flicks like What Is It? by Crispin Glover. Twister (1989) also with Crispy and with Harry Dean Stanton. (Those are not requests, I got 'em, but they're indicative of "cool shit" to me.)

Odd and/or commentaries.

Example: I'd love 1080p copies of Fight Club or SE7EN which both had FOUR commentaries on the DVD releases, especially if the files were around the 2- 3gb range (because I'm poor and don't have tons of space for 8gb files or fast internet right now). Any Carpenter or Romero commentaries are fun because they are having fun doing them; it's not the atonal slog of factoids that some people do (which have their place, to be sure). Fun commentaries.

A lot of my rarities were already shared here months/years ago. Mostly re-ups would be the order of the day for me, mostly. I've had a few upgrades and additions even with my recent HDD crash(es).

Shame about the thread name. I wonder if we can change it or just start a new thread and let this one die? I still like the IDEA of this thread. Shibby.

I will get you the channel.  Its been neglected since my kiddo managed it and made the videos for it and she got broken from a take down strike for Mr. No Legs this was before RLM did it on Best of the Worst. You cant buy it anywhere.  Not even a Vinegar Syndrome disc.  So it really got to her and she gave up on youtube.  We might upload them to Archive.org and she might like that better because she enjoyed editing VHS quality trailers weve been collecting to put in them along with a 5-10 minute short.  We only made one of those though.

I dont like having big files for these.  I use Handbrake to make them pretty much the best quality for a smaller size because I occasionally like the Theatrical version.  I will look out for those copies.  I am certain I have the collectors DVD for Se7en since I like saying "Whats in the box?" when picking it out.  I will match the audio up on a good bluyray copy.  

Gourley and Rust's Cloak and Dagger hits tomorrow afternoon PST.  (the 23rd) GOing to have that going as soon as I get home from numerous doctors' appointments.
"Gourley and Rust's Cloak and Dagger hits tomorrow afternoon PST."

YES. That is news most welcome! And kudos to using Handbrake to shrink larger files. I love your efficiency, ma'am. Smaller files with larger commentaries. Thanks for looking out for those other talkies as well. It's silly how excited I am for this Cloak & Dagger! I already watched the other commentary (couldn't wait, it was fun - mostly about how most of the movie could never be made today) and am primed and ready.
[REQ] Okay, so I guess this is the most appropriate place to place this request, even though it is rather OT.

I'm looking for a copy of The Vast of Night. It's a fantastic slow-burn, sci-fi movie that I recommend to everyone who likes a good, spooky story. Think small town X-Files meets Stranger Things as influenced by radio plays of the 50's.

I've found two different copies on archive, where the audio tends to drift way off, so I'm looking for something, specifically x264, that is couple gig in size, or so. If anyone has a copy they'd care to drop in a MEGA folder, I be grateful. 

File sharing aside, I highly recommend it. I believe it is still streaming on Amazon, so catch it their if you can.
(Jul 23, 2024, 13:14 pm)JetJaguar73 Wrote: [REQ] Okay, so I guess this is the most appropriate place to place this request, even though it is rather OT.

I'm looking for a copy of The Vast of Night. It's a fantastic slow-burn, sci-fi movie that I recommend to everyone who likes a good, spooky story. Think small town X-Files meets Stranger Things as influenced by radio plays of the 50's.

I've found two different copies on archive, where the audio tends to drift way off, so I'm looking for something, specifically x264, that is couple gig in size, or so. If anyone has a copy they'd care to drop in a MEGA folder, I be grateful. 

File sharing aside, I highly recommend it. I believe it is still streaming on Amazon, so catch it their if you can.

Can you torrent? If so, 1337x has a bunch of well-seeded torrents: https://1337x.to/search/the+vast+of+night/1/ tPB has some too but there are fewer seeds.

If not, I'm happy to DL it and put it up on mega for a few days for you.
I forgot about this thread:

https://pirates-forum.org/Thread-unusual-and-rare

Should we use that one again? Just to get away from this name. If you guys don't think so, fine. I didn't post this there so as not to bump it if people want this thread.

My copy of The Vast of Night was lost in an HDD crash, sorry.
(Jul 23, 2024, 15:41 pm)intransitivelie Wrote:
(Jul 23, 2024, 13:14 pm)JetJaguar73 Wrote: I'm looking for a copy of The Vast of Night.

Can you torrent? If so, 1337x has a bunch of well-seeded torrents: https://1337x.to/search/the+vast+of+night/1/ tPB has some too but there are fewer seeds.

intransitivelie, you're the best!

I cannot torrent, damnit, hence the OT request. I appreciate the link and the offer, but I'll dig around further to see what I can find. No need to ask you to grab it, and maybe we'll get lucky and someone already has a shiny copy they might share.
Just a quick note, i did see Massacre Video sells a Mr. No Legs blu-ray, currently in stock
(Jul 23, 2024, 18:09 pm)JetJaguar73 Wrote:
(Jul 23, 2024, 15:41 pm)intransitivelie Wrote:
(Jul 23, 2024, 13:14 pm)JetJaguar73 Wrote: I'm looking for a copy of The Vast of Night.

intransitivelie, you're the best!

I cannot torrent, damnit, hence the OT request. I appreciate the link and the offer, but I'll dig around further to see what I can find. No need to ask you to grab it, and maybe we'll get lucky and someone already has a shiny copy they might share.

I've got this.  https://mega.nz/file/UuUSSazT#A9YBIUKQyN...9QP2AklQYY

1.6GB.  Not sure what resolution it is. But the sound seems fine.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [REQ] New Kickstarter Digital Goodies ageekyguy 3 1,696 Mar 03, 2024, 17:48 pm
Last Post: ageekyguy
  [REQ] MST Kickstarter Digital Content ageekyguy 2 5,806 Apr 14, 2023, 15:07 pm
Last Post: ageekyguy
  Rifftrax Live Hobgoblins - Digital Release? oojnr97yo94riu 1 9,318 Sep 08, 2021, 18:53 pm
Last Post: BadFilms
  2 MST "Vault Tapes" on Youtube, etc efalls99 13 27,778 Mar 20, 2020, 01:38 am
Last Post: JeepBanshee
  Digital Goodies for Octaman and Star Raiders itsizz 0 10,455 Aug 11, 2019, 03:15 am
Last Post: itsizz