= Shibby's Digital Vault =
[REDACTED]

1.7gb 1080p Can leave up for a couple days

EDIT: NM, seems to be same file. Deleting to make room for more goodness.

Any interest in a 1080p L'Ange (1982)?
WARNING: It's a 6.67gb file.

Or 1080p Twister (1989) (The GOOD one)? 1.5gb
(Jul 24, 2024, 07:42 am)I Want To Go Faster Wrote:
(Jul 23, 2024, 18:09 pm)JetJaguar73 Wrote:
(Jul 23, 2024, 15:41 pm)intransitivelie Wrote:
(Jul 23, 2024, 13:14 pm)JetJaguar73 Wrote: I'm looking for a copy of The Vast of Night.

Can you torrent? If so, 1337x has a bunch of well-seeded torrents: https://1337x.to/search/the+vast+of+night/1/ tPB has some too but there are fewer seeds.

If not, I'm happy to DL it and put it up on mega for a few days for you.

intransitivelie, you're the best!

I cannot torrent, damnit, hence the OT request. I appreciate the link and the offer, but I'll dig around further to see what I can find. No need to ask you to grab it, and maybe we'll get lucky and someone already has a shiny copy they might share.

I've got this.  https://mega.nz/file/UuUSSazT#A9YBIUKQyN...9QP2AklQYY

1.6GB.  Not sure what resolution it is. But the sound seems fine.
Merci! Thanks for sharing, I'll check it out now!
The Vast of Night is one of the best modern sci-films ever made. Too bad that Jet will loathe my agreement with him on this, lol!
(Jul 24, 2024, 19:55 pm)SuspiriaTrumpsItFollowsCrap Wrote: The Vast of Night is one of the best modern sci-films ever made. Too bad that Jet will loathe my agreement with him on this, lol!

It is a masterpiece of cinema, and i dont throw that phrase around willy-nilly.
(He says on a bad movie message board.)

I'm glad you have seen it and enjoyed it, and I'm hoping more folk will see this share and give it a shot. Even the leisurely-paced beginning of the film is solid world building, setting up the characters, the reality of small town life in 195X, and the growing importance of radio and mass media. It might not immediately jump into the action, but I feel like I do know Faye and Everett by the time the mystery starts to get real. Am I sounding pretentious and out of my depth yet? Probably, but i do love this film.

The link is up there ☝️ go check it out, y'all!

My thanks again to I Want to Go Faster (and Meat)!
Here is a folder of audio-only commentaries, no video. Use 'em to sync up and share! Just listen to 'em like podcasts! Just squirrel them away because you're an archivist, damnit! Do what thou wilt!

The initial volley is 26, heavy on the Living Dead, loading now. As per usual I'll probably be taking these down in a few days to make room for something else. Sing while you may.

Let me know if there's any interest in a George Romero themed folder of 20+ commentaries.
(Jul 24, 2024, 21:46 pm)JetJaguar73 Wrote:
(Jul 24, 2024, 19:55 pm)SuspiriaTrumpsItFollowsCrap Wrote: The Vast of Night is one of the best modern sci-films ever made. Too bad that Jet will loathe my agreement with him on this, lol!

It is a masterpiece of cinema, and i dont throw that phrase around willy-nilly.
(He says on a bad movie message board.)

I'm glad you have seen it and enjoyed it, and I'm hoping more folk will see this share and give it a shot. Even the leisurely-paced beginning of the film is solid world building, setting up the characters, the reality of small town life in 195X, and the growing importance of radio and mass media. It might not immediately jump into the action, but I feel like I do know Faye and Everett by the time the mystery starts to get real. Am I sounding pretentious and out of my depth yet? Probably, but i do love this film.

The link is up there ☝️ go check it out, y'all!

My thanks again to I Want to Go Faster (and Meat)!

The Vast of Night is a film of subtlety, nuance, context, subtext and exquisitely-detailed timing.  For anyone whom ever loved It Came From Outer Space  - another exquisite film, if a viewer takes into account when it was made - I believe they will love it.  Without spoilers, the “Chekhov's gun” is there; the set-up is paid-off.  The main cast members are allowed to be great actors and embrace the characters which they portray with sincerity, in a manner which defies what big-budget Hollywood often asks actors to do.  It also exhibits some very innovative cinematic techniques, which dovetails with the fascination with technology in the setting of the film.  For anyone whom loves sci-fi (not to be confused with Roland Emmerich films), this film will be a joy to you. However, to keep things on topic for Stormium, I will say, I hope it never gets riffed, even though - in order to be sincere - it’s clear to me that Mary Jo and Bridget would love it for their reasons, and Frank & Trace would love it for different reasons, and the riffs of ANY of those four would be fantastic.  Even “mixing and matching”: Frank and Mary Jo, Bridget and Trace, Trace and Mary Jo, Frank and Bridget, or (best yet) all four of them together, similar to Cinematic Titanic.

But I still hope the film is never riffed, lol!

Best to you, Jet Jaguar, and may the adoration of Japanese Giant Monsters flow until the end of time.
(Aug 02, 2024, 21:44 pm)Meat Trademark Wrote: Here is a folder of audio-only commentaries, no video. Use 'em to sync up and share! Just listen to 'em like podcasts! Just squirrel them away because you're an archivist, damnit! Do what thou wilt!

The initial volley is 26, heavy on the Living Dead, loading now. As per usual I'll probably be taking these down in a few days to make room for something else. Sing while you may.

Let me know if there's any interest in a George Romero themed folder of 20+ commentaries.

Holy wow. Thanks Meat. Right up my alley. 

Personally, I'd be interested in anything and everything, George Romero or otherwise.
Adding Romero now. My biggest hope is someone will add all the relevant commentaries, including the Gourley & Rust, to a 1080p file ROTLD and share it. Otherwise I just hope these commentaries bring wonderful dreadful joy to your lives. Fornit some fornus and all that. Peace! (Lavalier unclip; the new mic drop.)
(Aug 03, 2024, 14:08 pm)Meat Trademark Wrote: Adding Romero now. My biggest hope is someone will add all the relevant commentaries, including the Gourley & Rust, to a 1080p file ROTLD and share it. Otherwise I just hope these commentaries bring wonderful dreadful joy to your lives. Fornit some fornus and all that. Peace! (Lavalier unclip; the new mic drop.)

lol Check this out.  Just added it today to the Gourley and Rust folder updating the previous one.  lol  Funny you should say this.  lol 

GOurley and Rust FOlder.

[Image: cwsowJC.jpg]

Just wanted to add that the image is wrong. I fixed it in the folder. THis Does Not have a The Weekly Planet cCommentary. Smile
(Aug 03, 2024, 14:08 pm)Meat Trademark Wrote: Adding Romero now. My biggest hope is someone will add all the relevant commentaries, including the Gourley & Rust, to a 1080p file ROTLD and share it. Otherwise I just hope these commentaries bring wonderful dreadful joy to your lives. Fornit some fornus and all that. Peace! (Lavalier unclip; the new mic drop.)

Thanks so much Meat. Fantastic.

(Aug 03, 2024, 18:33 pm)KinoQueen13 Wrote:

lol Check this out.  Just added it today to the Gourley and Rust folder updating the previous one.  lol  Funny you should say this.  lol 

GOurley and Rust FOlder.

[Image: cwsowJC.jpg]

Just wanted to add that the image is wrong.  I fixed it in the folder.  THis Does Not have a The Weekly Planet cCommentary.  Smile

Wow, thanks KinoQueen13. 

After Meat Trademark mentioned Gourley, I was just about to ask if anyone had his The Thing commentary, and then * bam * here it is.

Looking forward to the 1989 The Blob, too. And Big Trouble in Little China.

Thank you both.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [REQ] New Kickstarter Digital Goodies ageekyguy 3 1,673 Mar 03, 2024, 17:48 pm
Last Post: ageekyguy
  [REQ] MST Kickstarter Digital Content ageekyguy 2 5,780 Apr 14, 2023, 15:07 pm
Last Post: ageekyguy
  Rifftrax Live Hobgoblins - Digital Release? oojnr97yo94riu 1 9,295 Sep 08, 2021, 18:53 pm
Last Post: BadFilms
  2 MST "Vault Tapes" on Youtube, etc efalls99 13 27,684 Mar 20, 2020, 01:38 am
Last Post: JeepBanshee
  Digital Goodies for Octaman and Star Raiders itsizz 0 10,437 Aug 11, 2019, 03:15 am
Last Post: itsizz