Request alternative to peerblock 2
Hey guys occasionally I download a movie and I am familiar with all the clients, I still use utorrent but if I seed for more that 2 minutes I get a email from Comcast about the download, it's no big deal but I own a small business and I already know pretty much all ISPs keep records, I used to use Peerblock but I was told that there is a better open-source program ?  

Thanks in advance.
Peerblock doesn't work.

If you don't like letters from your ISP, use a VPN.
(Jul 30, 2018, 21:00 pm)Moe Wrote: Peerblock doesn't work.

If you don't like letters from your ISP, use a VPN.

I do and it takes 2X as long, I have a business acc and I'm not really worried I don't do much as far as torrent files these days but it's hard to believe nobody has not wrote something.

Thanks Smile
There's nothing to write as so-called blocking software depends on the flawed premise that you can always know which IP addresses are "good" and which are "bad."

In reality such software blocks a lot of good addresses while allowing connections that aren't friendly.
(Jul 30, 2018, 21:12 pm)Moe Wrote: There's nothing to write as so-called blocking software depends on the flawed premise that you can always know which IP addresses are "good" and which are "bad."

In reality such software blocks a lot of good addresses while allowing connections that aren't friendly.

Sure thanks.

workerbee edited Jul 30, 2018 21:26 pm this post because:

Moved to Applications and Software.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Alternative to Windows Photo Viewer Nine 13 29,796 Aug 29, 2021, 16:21 pm
Last Post: waregim
  Screen grabber that allows for queuing? flixgrab alternative? ExileVoid 0 8,920 May 04, 2020, 19:04 pm
Last Post: ExileVoid
  Best Alternative to photoshop jejjy123 17 43,350 May 02, 2019, 15:10 pm
Last Post: thecanuck
  Bitlord alternative for Linux? Insomniacno1 4 17,676 Sep 28, 2017, 04:07 am
Last Post: Sid
  Researchers Develop HORNET, a Faster Tor Alternative SS_Link 0 9,706 Jul 27, 2015, 09:48 am
Last Post: SS_Link