Alternative to Windows Photo Viewer
Hi,

Does anyone have know of any alternatives to Windows Photo Viewer. It has to be as lightweight, fast and minimalistic. A bonus would be that you're able to view moving Gifs.
Is this what you're looking for? http://alternativeto.net/software/irfanview/
I've actually tried IrfanView but I didn't like it much. I'll go through the list though until I find something I like.
I use Xnview for viewing everyday images and GIFs, and HiView for looking at ultra high-definition space pics. Xnview is user friendly, simple to use, and is good for viewing even long arse GIFs that seem to go on forever.
You know, you can try The Gimp.

It's a photo editor, I know, but you can see all the images that you like, no questions asked.
Been using ImageGlass for some time, it's quite nice. Free and Open Source btw, the only downside of it is setting it as default image viewer, which has to be done through Windows, the program itself cannot do that, seems that it hasn't been properly implemented.

http://www.imageglass.org

(May 19, 2017, 23:07 pm)NokTham Wrote: Been using ImageGlass for some time, it's quite nice. Free and Open Source btw, the only downside of it is setting it as default image viewer, which has to be done through Windows, the program itself cannot do that, seems that it hasn't been properly implemented.

http://www.imageglass.org

Thanks for the heads up. This looks absolutely gorgeous. I was about to give up and write my own solution. Thanks a bunch.
I would highly suggest KrojamSoft PhotoViewerPro. It’s simple software and lets you browse image files from your PC. It's very user-friendly.  Big Grin
(May 17, 2017, 03:58 am)Nine Wrote: I've actually tried IrfanView but I didn't like it much. I'll go through the list though until I find something I like.

You might like Xnview.  I use it for my default viewer, can do a lot.  Extremely fast. Like Irfan View, it has both a File Explorer feature and a single view. Unlike Irfan View, Xnview is much more integrated. Just double click to open a graphic from File Explorer. Mouse wheel to zoom in/out. Control/ mouse scroll to move up/down. Escape key goes back to Windows File Explorer. Or while in image mode click the browser icon top upper left to show a very File Explorer like browser. Or click on one of the favorites. It can import from clipboard, crop (or not), and then save to an image. And it is free for personal use.
I recommend Honeyview. Its fast and super lightweight. Also lets you do basic edits like crop, rotate, view EXIF data

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Windows X-Lite - Custom Windows Builds theSEMAR 3 1,006 Feb 06, 2024, 17:52 pm
Last Post: maskaw
  I need a stripped down Windows 8 or Windows 10 installation. Any suggestions? nosnavis 9 21,862 Jul 26, 2023, 12:38 pm
Last Post: theSEMAR
  Upgrading to (genuine?) Windows 11 via (pirated!) Windows 10? onlinehuangjizhan 4 10,503 Feb 07, 2022, 10:42 am
Last Post: FloodTheWaves
  Photo Finder waregim 0 11,878 Feb 24, 2021, 03:45 am
Last Post: waregim
  Screen grabber that allows for queuing? flixgrab alternative? ExileVoid 0 8,923 May 04, 2020, 19:04 pm
Last Post: ExileVoid