(Request) JaboodyShow Movie Dub Commentaries
RiffTrax are scripted before hand. Little, if anything, is off the cuff. Many iRiffers go the improvisational route, whereas RiffTrax, like QuipTracks and some others, methodically write each joke with a time-code for when it goes into the film. It's much like how the riffs were written for MST3K where they cut their teeth. I like both styles just fine, but usually prefer to rewatch the scripted fare (with the exception of With Gourley And Rust's cozy, conversational, comfort-food commentary).
I imagine Rifftrax does their riffs like MST always did with multiple views of the movie while writing jokes before recording the episode. That way they can weave the riffs into the flow of the movie and not step on dialogue or important plot points. Jaboody is just raw reaction to what they are watching and sometimes things they get distracted with at times while recording. Love em both but definitely can see why a fan of Rifftrax wouldn't get into Jaboody for that reason
I've always known about MST3K but never actually watched any of their stuff. So watching the Rifftrax of The Wizard was the first time I've watched a scripted riff. I enjoyed it a lot so I appreciate both styles of dubbing too.
(Oct 16, 2024, 03:16 am)JabootyBot Wrote: I've always known about MST3K but never actually watched any of their stuff. So watching the Rifftrax of The Wizard was the first time I've watched a scripted riff. I enjoyed it a lot so I appreciate both styles of dubbing too.

TRIVIA: Mystery Science Theater 3000 actually started out in a free-form, unscripted manner back in the days of doing a show for the local TV channel 23, KTMA in Minnesota. Just trivia. Not mind-blowing or annoying. Inert trivia.

Glad you like the scripted riff, hope you get into them as there's plenty of riffs to go around. Give QuipTracks a try. They might be my favorite. There's a handful of their riffs, along with lots of other "iRiffers" (fan riffs that were sanctioned by RiffTrax), in this badass folder courtesy of Revfds.
(Oct 14, 2024, 06:24 am)Meat Trademark Wrote: RiffTrax are scripted before hand. Little, if anything, is off the cuff. Many iRiffers go the improvisational route, whereas RiffTrax, like QuipTracks and some others, methodically write each joke with a time-code for when it goes into the film. It's much like how the riffs were written for MST3K where they cut their teeth. I like both styles just fine, but usually prefer to rewatch the scripted fare (with the exception of With Gourley And Rust's cozy, conversational, comfort-food commentary).

It's opposite for me I prefer unscripted to get those really genuine reactions (like Jaboody's end of Sleepaway Camp). That being said the written riffs can be rewatchable if it's one that's written well but most modern Riffs have been lacking for years.
(Oct 16, 2024, 08:46 am)Meat Trademark Wrote:
(Oct 16, 2024, 03:16 am)JabootyBot Wrote: I've always known about MST3K but never actually watched any of their stuff. So watching the Rifftrax of The Wizard was the first time I've watched a scripted riff. I enjoyed it a lot so I appreciate both styles of dubbing too.

TRIVIA: Mystery Science Theater 3000 actually started out in a free-form, unscripted manner back in the days of doing a show for the local TV channel 23, KTMA in Minnesota. Just trivia. Not mind-blowing or annoying. Inert trivia.

Glad you like the scripted riff, hope you get into them as there's plenty of riffs to go around. Give QuipTracks a try. They might be my favorite. There's a handful of their riffs, along with lots of other "iRiffers" (fan riffs that were sanctioned by RiffTrax), in this badass folder courtesy of Revfds.

Yeah I've already watched The Wizard and Fifth Element, now I'm about to put on maybe the 2003 Hulk or 2014 Robocop. I'm definitely adding these to my watching of Jaboody Dubs. Thanks for the heads up on different riffers and the trivia too (mind blowing or not haha).

Edit: I'll absolutely play Silent Hill 2 eventually so didn't want to watch the boys stream today. No idea if there was any word on what this weeks movies might be.
Halloween was mentioned.
(Yesterday, 03:26 am)JabootyBot Wrote: [quote pid="410228" dateline="1729082775"]
Yeah I've already watched The Wizard and Fifth Element, now I'm about to put on maybe the 2003 Hulk or 2014 Robocop. I'm definitely adding these to my watching of Jaboody Dubs. Thanks for the heads up on different riffers and the trivia too (mind blowing or not haha).

Edit: I'll absolutely play Silent Hill 2 eventually so didn't want to watch the boys stream today. No idea if there was any word on what this weeks movies might be.
[/quote]

It's kind of wild to me that you weren't a MST/RT fan and found this place!
(Yesterday, 03:26 am)JabootyBot Wrote: [quote pid="410228" dateline="1729082775"]

[/quote]

It's kind of wild to me that you weren't a MST/RT fan and found this place!
It's funny that you mention that as I can't remember at all how I came across Jaboody Show. I've been watching them for a good 3 years now I'd say. I'm pretty sure I watched some of their VR game plays first then saw some of their short best of clips of their movie dubbing which I loved. Such a shame almost all of those clips were taken down.

Halloween (1978) is up now. It's just got me wondering what the other movie will be.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Mr. Sunday Movies/Weekly Planet Commentaries tripletap006 120 38,537 Sep 22, 2024, 19:28 pm
Last Post: Meat Trademark
  (Request) The Naboo Movie: A Live Staged Reading of Star Wars: The Phantom Menace WangoChango 7 2,199 Sep 02, 2024, 04:21 am
Last Post: tripletap006
  We Hate Movies commentaries waterloowatts 237 280,378 Jun 21, 2024, 19:26 pm
Last Post: KinoQueen13
  bsg4you MP3 Commentaries / Just The Jokes plus MST3K, Film Crew, Cinematic Titanic bsg4you 12 31,403 Jun 03, 2023, 22:40 pm
Last Post: bsg4you
  [REQ] Blank Check synced commentaries? Rifferee 4 7,981 Nov 24, 2022, 16:22 pm
Last Post: Rifferee