(REQ) Ouija Shark
(May 26, 2024, 01:50 am)JetJaguar73 Wrote: Just getting around to this flick.

When it comes to women, the director sure has a type, doesn't he?

Thanks JetJaguar73 - I couldn't think of a polite way to put it.
(May 26, 2024, 03:59 am)javelinbunny Wrote:
(May 25, 2024, 19:01 pm)ageekyguy Wrote: I doubt it's legal issues.  It's probably more that they just prefer selling VOD riffs.  That way anyone can buy them.  If you do just the mp3 riffs of stuff you can't license for distribution, then only people that have access to the video themselves (streaming, DVD, etc) are potential customers.  Over the years, they've probably found that getting $10-$15 for a VOD riff just has a way better return, even after licensing costs, than the few bucks for an mp3-only riff.
I was just guessing. You don't want Disney/Netflix/Amazon on your ass (not just legally), which they're far more likely to be than traditional Hollywood. It does seem to be mostly/all about the licensing.

There's no legal exposure in just releasing a standalone commentary track.  There's no ambiguity whatsoever that it would be allowed.
Thanks, Tadd, get well soon!
thank you so much for this dd stinker
Just screaming into the void here: Why did it take so long for rifftrax friends to be a thing? And why couldn't it have been a little bit more money for all the content? Like $12 a month. I would have subscribed years ago and the guys would have made a lot more money from me
edit: I forgot about your hospital care tadd, please get well!
(May 26, 2024, 19:43 pm)NotRichBatman Wrote: thank you so much for this dd stinker
Just screaming into the void here: Why did it take so long for rifftrax friends to be a thing? And why couldn't it have been a little bit more money for all the content? Like $12 a month. I would have subscribed years ago and the guys would have made a lot more money from me
edit: I forgot about your hospital care tadd, please get well!

I'm guessing part of it was setting up whatever infrastructure was necessary to run it as well as having a substantial back catalog to justify it.  They wouldn't want to put too much brand new stuff on there since it would eat into sales.  At this point, there is so much Rifftrax content available, that it actually works as a standalone service, I think more-so than the Gizmoplex ever did.
Thanks for this Tadd!
Another big thanks to his eminence Tadghostal!
That was the most zaftig shark flick ever!
(May 26, 2024, 22:46 pm)Meat Trademark Wrote: That was the most zaftig shark flick ever!

Zaftig. Excellent use of the word.  That one gal, though. Angel
Thank you Tadd. I am sorry to hear about the hospitalization. Get well soon!

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  She Gods of Shark Reef (MJB) peephalk 11 1,812 Aug 26, 2024, 15:17 pm
Last Post: intransitivelie
  Jurassic Shark peephalk 24 22,247 May 13, 2024, 17:16 pm
Last Post: JetJaguar73
  The Last Shark (HD upgrade) billythefist 8 5,672 Jul 27, 2023, 23:10 pm
Last Post: billythefist
  Jurassic Shark (blu-ray upgrade) billythefist 3 4,927 Jul 12, 2023, 12:37 pm
Last Post: jhs39
  Rifftrax The Last Shark HD boejob 12 13,962 Jul 16, 2022, 12:05 pm
Last Post: Johnny Mo