Notice of Claim of Copyright Infringement
(Sep 14, 2016, 19:49 pm)RobertX Wrote: I don't know if I read this correctly; I apologise if I didn't, but you are downloading at home, right?

Yes, Robert I am downloading at home.
(Sep 13, 2016, 03:19 am)PancakePuncer Wrote: Suggestions of VPN's/Proxies would be nice, since it would seem OpenVPN did not do it's job and maybe some insight into how to handle the E-Mail. Like if I should actually give it a serious consideration or just flat out ignore it and tighten up my security?
Also, I can provide the information for the torrents I downloaded as of recent (Which is maybe only... 10 in the past few days) if you all wish. A few were from TPB and some from extratorrent.cc.

Thanks!
Safe Torrent Downloading out there!

It does not matter what you downloaded or where you started the torrent from.

If your system is configured properly and OpenVPN is connected, then it can't not do it's job.

You working for the ISP is irrelevant unless they have some kind of policy of firing employees who get unsubstantiated warning letters.
Something to consider. I use PIA and it works fine. I do not have uTorrent set to start up on reboot. But for those times when PIA drops, I use VPNetmon to kill the torrent application when the VPN drops.

vpnetmon.webs.com

the program is free and I can attest to the fact that it shuts utorrent down instantly as soon as the VPN drops. It doesn't have the best of UIs but it works and it is free.

Sid edited Feb 13, 2018 16:51 pm this post because:

Something else to consider. The person who asked this question FOUR YEARS AGO has not returned to the forum since.

/thread closed

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  On Copyright Infringement Notices MattShizzle 10 43,057 Jan 28, 2021, 11:45 am
Last Post: Guildmaster2000
  VPN and my copyright problem. soulcity 13 43,255 Nov 25, 2018, 20:07 pm
Last Post: tops.c
  COPYRIGHT ALERT from Spectrum qbuffalo70 5 22,246 Oct 24, 2018, 19:14 pm
Last Post: contrail
  Which Domain Names Are Safe From Copyright Bullies? Ernesto 0 16,040 Jul 29, 2017, 20:31 pm
Last Post: Ernesto
  Copyright Troll Backs Down When Faced With Exposure Ernesto 9 25,429 Nov 17, 2016, 08:23 am
Last Post: joew771