Notice of Claim of Copyright Infringement
So tablemanners, do you still torrent?
(Apr 09, 2016, 00:10 am)RobertX Wrote: So tablemanners, do you still torrent?

No
(Feb 25, 2014, 16:58 pm)joew771 Wrote: Nothing, that's what.

I would, so, totally not go with that recommendation!..

^^ King's Quest VI: Heir Today, Gone Tomorrow (because you're in prison, serving time. Smile)
I only reported what happened to me because I wanted to see if anyone else had such an "internet big brother is watching" experience from AT&T. By that I mean, it was directed at me personally. They knew my favorite website, IMDB, and they made it so that when I put in that internet address I got their page telling me that I was blocked from that site until I took their ridiculous video course and post-test that acknowledged the key facts of why Torrent downloads were bad and illegal. In my naivete I thought I might get some sort of constructive feedback from this forum. That has not occurred, which surprises me. I'd love to start using a VPN or PIA but from what i can gather the ones on the market can't be trusted. For every recommendation that I found there seemed to be countless warnings that those positive reviews were self-promotional and untrue. So I am at a stalemate as I cannot find any information here that seems objective. That makes this site useless for me at this point. Is there anyone adult supervision here? Or is this forum simply a hideout for self-promoters, conspiracy theorists and cranks? Isn't this issue serious to anyone but me? Surely it is a signpost of things to come to anyone who downloads?
The reason you aren't getting any real answers is because you are not the first person who has asked what to do about notices from their ISP.  People get sick of repeating themselves.

No one has had an "internet big brother is watching" experience from AT&T because AT&T is not watching you or anyone else.  They have no idea what your favorite pr0n sites are.  They directed nothing at you personally.  Future educated use of any VPN will stop AT&T from forwarding you any more notices or interfering with your trouser snake wrestling experiences.

You chose to start downloading.  You need to be the adult and do some reading of your own.  There is plenty to learn here at the forum by reading existing threads before asking more of the same questions.

After having done that, if you still have unanswered questions,  you might get a better response from the peanut gallery.
Quote:Sounds like you work for the government in some capacity, which means you are an unwelcome voice here, in my humble opinion.
It was sarcasm  Confused
(May 24, 2016, 04:19 am)willieaames Wrote:
Quote:Sounds like you work for the government in some capacity, which means you are an unwelcome voice here, in my humble opinion.
It was sarcasm  Confused

Sorry Wink

(May 06, 2016, 00:25 am)Moe Wrote: The reason you aren't getting any real answers is because you are not the first person who has asked what to do about notices from their ISP.  People get sick of repeating themselves.

No one has had an "internet big brother is watching" experience from AT&T because AT&T is not watching you or anyone else.  They have no idea what your favorite pr0n sites are.  They directed nothing at you personally.  Future educated use of any VPN will stop AT&T from forwarding you any more notices or interfering with your trouser snake wrestling experiences.

You chose to start downloading.  You need to be the adult and do some reading of your own.  There is plenty to learn here at the forum by reading existing threads before asking more of the same questions.

After having done that, if you still have unanswered questions,  you might get a better response from the peanut gallery.

Thanks Moe, 
I guess I needed that. I went ahead and bought PIA and it works fine. I have received at least 5 or 6 email warnings from AT&T but this website address block freaked me out, I admit it. And I will follow your advice about educating myself. I just couldn't any objective evaluations of the different VPN's and every review mentioned that information you might get at TorrentFreak could be motivated by $. I was hoping to find something like a Consumer's Reports review that was more objective. I know, laugh at my vast ignorance and entitled expectations, I can take it. 
TorrentFreak is a site that caters to those interested torrenting.  They have a vested interested in keeping readership up, and providing a relatively unbiased review will help their bottom line.

Even a crap VPN used properly will do what you want.  You aren't looking to protect your privacy or hide the fact you are downloading; you are rather looking to hide your ISP assigned IP address from the swarm so that all copyright infringement notices don't go to your ISP.

So, with that said, chances are pretty good any VPN recommended by TorrentFreak will do the job of isolating you from infringement notices.
So, in order to maintain a level of privacy on my end I will not provide the exact ISP I am subscribed to, but...
I have received my first ever (Best to my knowledge) DMCA warning. I know that these warnings generally are bullshit and can be ignored, though my biggest concern is that I work for the ISP I am subscribed to and have received this DMCA on my work email since it is the primary E-Mail on my account.
From what the E-Mail says I am not being fined or anything along those lines but it is simply a warning from what I can gather.
The oddest thing though is that I have been download torrents for something like 8 years and never have I ever received one of these letters. I practice pretty decent anonymity when downloading torrents but it would seem a torrent I recently downloaded has managed to get me flagged.
So I suppose it is time to beef up my security and go back to the stricter days of safe torrent downloading.
I often only seed for a short period of time then move/organize my torrent files for my Plex on my storage machine and such, then delete the data and .torrent file from my main harddrive
Suggestions of VPN's/Proxies would be nice, since it would seem OpenVPN did not do it's job and maybe some insight into how to handle the E-Mail. Like if I should actually give it a serious consideration or just flat out ignore it and tighten up my security?
Also, I can provide the information for the torrents I downloaded as of recent (Which is maybe only... 10 in the past few days) if you all wish. A few were from TPB and some from extratorrent.cc.

Thanks!
Safe Torrent Downloading out there!
I don't know if I read this correctly; I apologise if I didn't, but you are downloading at home, right?

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  On Copyright Infringement Notices MattShizzle 10 43,284 Jan 28, 2021, 11:45 am
Last Post: Guildmaster2000
  VPN and my copyright problem. soulcity 13 43,477 Nov 25, 2018, 20:07 pm
Last Post: tops.c
  COPYRIGHT ALERT from Spectrum qbuffalo70 5 22,404 Oct 24, 2018, 19:14 pm
Last Post: contrail
  Which Domain Names Are Safe From Copyright Bullies? Ernesto 0 16,123 Jul 29, 2017, 20:31 pm
Last Post: Ernesto
  Copyright Troll Backs Down When Faced With Exposure Ernesto 9 25,561 Nov 17, 2016, 08:23 am
Last Post: joew771