Need VPN Recommendations
As for paying for membership I just use my debit card. If the only illegal thing that you are doing online is torrenting copyrighted shows then you probably dont need to worry about paying with bitcoins. Copyright goons go after the low hanging fruit.
I hope no one is still with PIA.

I've come a long way since I posted this & had to ditch PIA when I learned they are upto some shady business.

I was literally in the middle of renewing with a manager for another year, having been with them for 5 years, when I learned this info, & when I stated something about what I heard, the manager just ran.

Can you believe that? You have a client who's been with you for 5 years & you just ignore them when they tell you that you aren't going to renew b/c you heard stuff?

Clearly he knows what's going on & couldn't be bothered since he will only try to sway people who don't know what's going on. If it was all lies, he would have wanted to convince me otherwise.

Here's what was written about them on torrentfreak

"PIA's lack of warrant canary is concerning, but it pales in comparison to PIA appointing Mark Karpeles as their CTO. Karpeles is under arrest in Japan for fraud and money laundering. As CEO of Mt. Gox he oversaw the biggest Bitcoin fraud in history, $480 million. He claims innocence but somehow $2.3 million mysteriously materialized in his personal Bitcoin wallet at the same time all his customers' Bitcoins vanished. There's also a warrant out for his arrest in France which he fled in order to avoid serving his prison sentence there for hacking his employer's servers. So if the past is any indication it's likely Karpeles will hack PIA's servers too. Anyone who trusts a company like PIA with their security is naive in the extreme."

I did some major research after that & was shocked I couldn't find any good alternative because I was going off of a site that listed the truth about what the VPNs do/have, not what they "claim" to do on their site. I also read tons of reviews on various sites.

The best VPN I came across that continued to e-mail with me was bolehvpn.net

I haven't used them yet because they are quite expensive & until I get back to the US it's not an emergency, but I do recommend them based on what I learned.

HTH
Ok, I've got TWO VPNs to recommend.  The reason I'm recommending them is that they are both FREE !!!

1) The first one is the free BUILT-IN VPN in the Opera browser.  (Be aware that after you install Opera, you must
first ENABLE its VPN, via its settings, as I recall.).  It IS a true VPN (rather than just a 'proxy server', according
to their forum thread here: https://forums.opera.com/topic/35383/is-...st-a-proxy

2) The second one is the free VPN named "Browsec VPN" and it's available in (Google's) Chrome Web Store.  It is
a Chrome extension. (It has a BLUE GLOBE for its icon, which is the one I use on their Chrome browser on

Windows...it also can be installed  into the Firefox browser. This is also installable into the Firefox browser, since
that browser also accepts extensions.  I mention the color of this extension's icon, because there is also a

"Browsec VPN" app for Android, tho I've never tried using it.  The app for Android's icon is green.)

Be aware that BOTH of these VPNs operate at the browser-level...and so are only protecting all traffic from within
the browser that they are installed in.  i.e. They DO NOT PROTECT the Internet traffic from other STANDALONE

program, such as, for example, "uTorrent".

That said, tho, the workaround for that is to ditch your external torrent client, and use a browser-based torrent-client
(such as JSTorrent, which has a one-time cost of 3 dollars, and is also available in Chrome Web store.)
When JSTorrent launches, it itself in a separate window, but as long as you're feeding it the chosen torrent-file

correctly, it is actually running under the control of the browser and thus IS protected.

If you're feeding the torrent-file to JSTorrent correctly, you should see a new browser-tab appear containing

some JSTorrent-related info.

[ This Browsec / JSTorrent info is discussed in some detail, in the earlier thread here:

https://pirates-forum.org/Thread-Finding...te-network

Cheers...
Read that link carefully.

JStorrent is garbage.
Unsure if you've chosen something yet, but I'm a normie and use NordVPN, it works for me, is easy to use, and doesn't keep logs, and while I don't do anything mega illegal besides well...yar harr, it's nice having that extra bit of privacy/anonymity.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Which VPN Providers Take Anonymity Seriously? demonS 161 526,684 Feb 21, 2024, 10:30 am
Last Post: solid_gamer_guy
  VPN, and Tor: Navigating TPB lustrous 2 2,630 Nov 11, 2023, 06:41 am
Last Post: lustrous
  VPN mandatory? Puckje 5 7,901 Aug 26, 2023, 05:33 am
Last Post: RobertX
  Which VPN Services Keep You Anonymous in 2018? Ernesto 19 128,187 Jun 29, 2023, 14:04 pm
Last Post: sherb
  I busted Windscribe (A VPN) Ladyanne3 6 12,065 Aug 28, 2022, 21:07 pm
Last Post: Slow Mo