Need VPN Recommendations
Hi,

After the PIA fiasco I'm hunting again for a new GOOD VPN & someone recommended Peer Block.

Will that work in protecting me?

Thanks
Not even a little. If anything, it will increase your risk. By blocking (literally) hundreds of millions of legitimate peers it reduces your download speeds and thereby extends the length of time your IP address is exposed.
I recommend you to use SoftEther. I think it's a good VPN software. Smile
It's the worst software I have ever seen it gets auto dissconnected.
You might try learning the basics of using your damned computer before complaining or getting upset at anyone other than yourself. You don't even know the difference between something as simple as you said, yet you still try to torrent & use software like this, and that is something I cannot stand. You don't have to be a geek to understand these things, and honestly I find it unbelievably stupid & insulting to the community for you to both call actual computer users "geeks" (which most just don't mind, but seemed rather in a rude way, how you said it) and then ask for, or almost seemingly demand, help for how to do or understand things that you should have bothered learning in the first place, if you were going to go use torrents & a VPN. I'm surprised you even knew what either of those things were. You didn't get help in the other thread, for the same thing, so don't go posting a new thread wasting everyone's time because you didn't receive the response you hoped for.

It doesn't take much more than a few minutes & you giving a shit to learn anything you needed to know, but you didn't care & didn't bother. I'm not sure why anyone should bother helping you, personally. Maybe it's just because they're nice, but I think that should have a limit, especially when it comes to people who didn't bother even trying to help themselves on their own first.

Personally I have never had an issue with PIA, and the one time I had to talk to support, they weren't rude or particularly nice, they were just average. They've made their software extremely simple to use, but it still takes a user looking at and reading the information available in order to remain safe with them. They have a really easy to find guide with plenty of easy-to-follow steps in order to protect yourself (so do plenty of other websites, frankly. Searching for the information or reading specially written guides may get you far). They also have a very well populated forum with users who will help you, along with people working there. I honestly don't understand why this keeps happening. People like you are why the internet sucks so much these days. We should have kept computers more difficult to use & the way they were when it took at least basic knowledge of computers to be able to actually use one to do anything. It would be really cool if you might learn some respect for the tool you're using & appreciate what it allows you to do. I know I have.
Hotspot Shield for me.

Just heard recommended from friend.
Quote:Hotspot Shield for me.

Just heard recommended from friend.

[Image: 59627471.jpg]

Hotspot Shield should not be trusted as a safe VPN noob.

With it being based in California, USA, HP is required to comply with the law if they notice large amount of packets coming in and out. Its only good for people outside of the US and even then, the free version still sucks.
Agreed, stay away form HSS. Real friends don't recommend HSS to others.

The likes of Peer Block, Peer Guardian do not hide your anonymity. This is the big difference between them and a VPN. All PB and PG do is prevent certain IP addresses from connecting to you. If you have just let PB or PG do it's own thing, it will download from their sources only which is not enough. Countless of people got DMCA letters while using these PG and PB If you are going to use them then you must download the script file from other sources. Currently, the average file is around 2.1 million isps being blocked.
PRIVATEINTERNETACCESS.COM

ENOUGH SAID!
(Aug 26, 2015, 06:17 am)jessewest Wrote: PRIVATEINTERNETACCESS.COM

ENOUGH SAID!

+1

You can pay them with a giftcard and stay anonymous

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Which VPN Providers Take Anonymity Seriously? demonS 161 526,586 Feb 21, 2024, 10:30 am
Last Post: solid_gamer_guy
  VPN, and Tor: Navigating TPB lustrous 2 2,625 Nov 11, 2023, 06:41 am
Last Post: lustrous
  VPN mandatory? Puckje 5 7,891 Aug 26, 2023, 05:33 am
Last Post: RobertX
  Which VPN Services Keep You Anonymous in 2018? Ernesto 19 128,164 Jun 29, 2023, 14:04 pm
Last Post: sherb
  I busted Windscribe (A VPN) Ladyanne3 6 12,057 Aug 28, 2022, 21:07 pm
Last Post: Slow Mo