Joe Bob Briggs MonsterVision Uploads!
First order of business is a backup plan for next time
Hello again again
Hi everyone. It's nice to be back here.

I haven't posted any new updates since 2023 started. I've just been very busy with life in general. I'm planning on posting updates for January-March sometime in April.

If this site goes offline again, you can still access my work from the usual link (Base64 x2):

https://www.base64decode.org/

Code:
YUhSMGNITTZMeTl0WldkaExtNTZMeU5RSVVGblFUTkJhMEZGZFVsUVR6RlhZMHBKTUZWMWFIWk9ZamRmU21Kc1VXRlliazFhZEY5YU5sQnRaa2hYUkdFMFNFSmZOMFpuV1hweGFHWldUV1ZyTkVST2QxcG5abkk1Umpjd1ZYWXhVMnBYYlhaR1pHTnpRbWcxTjJnM05ubHVPREZpUTBkU09EbDJORkJyT1VOTVVFOUdUakE1YjFFPQ==

PW:
joebobbriggs

*Please be sure to de-code the link twice (decode the decoded)
Thanks for the update Bill. Wishing you well.
I can't make any sense of TVDB's categorization of MonsterVision. Is there another site that can be used to pull titles and episode data?
(Mar 18, 2023, 19:13 pm)moondoggy1111 Wrote: I can't make any sense of TVDB's categorization of MonsterVision.  Is there another site that can be used to pull titles and episode data?

this is the one i've been using:

https://cinemassacreold.website-us-east-...0Joe%20Bob

it's still not 100% accurate but it's better than TVDB. (for instance, it says joe bob showed friday the 13ths parts 1-3 one night, but i can't find any evidence he actually showed part 3 on that particular night. he definitely showed parts 1-2 though.)
(Mar 22, 2023, 16:48 pm)jope Wrote:
(Mar 18, 2023, 19:13 pm)moondoggy1111 Wrote: I can't make any sense of TVDB's categorization of MonsterVision.  Is there another site that can be used to pull titles and episode data?

it's still not 100% accurate but it's better than TVDB. (for instance, it says joe bob showed friday the 13ths parts 1-3 one night, but i can't find any evidence he actually showed part 3 on that particular night. he definitely showed parts 1-2 though.)

Did it perhaps list the movie that came on after where he kind of announced it was coming on like he did in the Drive-In Theater days for the upcoming movie, even if he didn't officially "host" it that night?
(Mar 23, 2023, 13:06 pm)Max Renn Wrote:

Did it perhaps list the movie that came on after where he kind of announced it was coming on like he did in the Drive-In Theater days for the upcoming movie, even if he didn't officially "host" it that night?

i don't remember that during the part two episode. were there ever any movies that aired under the monstervision banner but without hosting segments while joe bob was host? i do remember that monstervision went hostless for the last couple years after he was fired.
(Mar 23, 2023, 15:13 pm)jope Wrote:

i don't remember that during the part two episode. were there ever any movies that aired under the monstervision banner but without hosting segments while joe bob was host? i do remember that monstervision went hostless for the last couple years after he was fired.

Yeah I don't know for sure. I know sometimes at the end he would sometimes (on Drive-In Theater) say like "and stay tuned for <insert movie here>" and then go off the air. So it wouldn't really be under the banner of Drive-In Theater or MonsterVision, but he must have sometimes known what would be airing after he was off the air and kinda announce it for the channel on his way out the door. I am guessing that Cinemassacre list went back through TV guides and whatnot to compile all that data, so they might have had part 3 scheduled after the 2 he hosted and they just assumed it was part of it. Just a guess.
(Mar 23, 2023, 20:46 pm)Max Renn Wrote:
(Mar 23, 2023, 15:13 pm)jope Wrote:

Yeah I don't know for sure. I know sometimes at the end he would sometimes (on Drive-In Theater) say like "and stay tuned for <insert movie here>" and then go off the air. So it wouldn't really be under the banner of Drive-In Theater or MonsterVision, but he must have sometimes known what would be airing after he was off the air and kinda announce it for the channel on his way out the door. I am guessing that Cinemassacre list went back through TV guides and whatnot to compile all that data, so they might have had part 3 scheduled after the 2 he hosted and they just assumed it was part of it. Just a guess.

Here's an example:
June 28, 1997 (Saturday)
Godzilla vs. Mothra (1964) – 10:00 PM
Godzilla vs. Monster Zero (1965) – 12:20 AM
100% Weird – Godzilla’s Revenge (1969) – 2:45 AM

In this case, Joe Bob hosted The first 2 films and the announced the 3rd film but did not have any host segments during it.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  "Samurai Cop" with 6 commentary tracks incl. Red Letter Media, Joe Bob, Rifftrax... mentallo 37 56,507 Mar 09, 2024, 16:06 pm
Last Post: alansmithee99
  Best collection of classic MST3K uploads? Spraragen88 3 4,677 Jul 07, 2023, 13:18 pm
Last Post: Skipjack1925
  The Sleaziest Movies in the History of the World with Joe Bob Briggs KinoQueen13 8 5,798 Jul 03, 2023, 13:25 pm
Last Post: KinoQueen13
  I Spit on Your Grave: Deja Vu (2019) w/Joe Bob Briggs commentary track Rifferee 2 5,056 May 10, 2023, 20:38 pm
Last Post: frankasu03
  Looking for MonsterVision-Hot Shots! and Aces-Iron Eagle III MrDeadlyPersianFartingSpider 3 7,107 Apr 27, 2023, 18:49 pm
Last Post: runrunbill