"Samurai Cop" with 6 commentary tracks incl. Red Letter Media, Joe Bob, Rifftrax...
https://pirates-forum.org/Thread-Request...s?page=109

Just scroll down and click on the Jaboody Stash link (don't let the big chickletty-toothed Nic Cage scare you off). Pretty sure it's still there in the stash with another commentary to boot!
(Feb 27, 2024, 05:26 am)Meat Trademark Wrote: https://pirates-forum.org/Thread-Request...s?page=109

Just scroll down and click on the Jaboody Stash link (don't let the big chickletty-toothed Nic Cage scare you off). Pretty sure it's still there in the stash with another commentary to boot!

Thanks everyone. Amazing.

Samurai Cop with 7 commentary tracks. What a time to be alive.
Link is dead. Shame  Sad
(Mar 05, 2024, 19:02 pm)DarthEmeritus666 Wrote: Link is dead. Shame  Sad

Look at either of the two posts above yours. Enjoy.
(Mar 06, 2024, 00:23 am)Meat Trademark Wrote:
(Mar 05, 2024, 19:02 pm)DarthEmeritus666 Wrote: Link is dead. Shame  Sad

Look at either of the two posts above yours. Enjoy.

Was actually looking for the Joe Bob version. But i'll check out the Rifftrax version.
Joe Bob is one of the seven commentary tracks.
Just rewatched. It'd been a long while.

Wow, I'd somehow forgotten about the sexual sadism. Repugnant, & weird. But also: tonally? Just waaaay off for the script. It's as if our 'auteur' realized he'd almost finished a script filled with misogyny & shoehorned racism, sure; but...Where's My Inexplicable Sexual Sadism?! And then slams us into depravity. I'll say this for Z'Dar: he plays it with conviction, as always. But god is the whole thing Clumsy AF. I felt bad for all of them.

And the sexual harassment workplace stuff (where the woman cop is apparently UNoffended, & even goading them) was INSANE to watch. Like....so sarcastically sexist, obviously: until...your perspective starts to shift & you wonder "Is this actually a brilliant Feminist Mockery of Male Privilege?"

But ambivalence like that is essential to soooooo much of enjoying the singular madness that is Samurai Cop, I'm finally fathoming now. I hate to say it but...I think I was unreflective & lazy watching this the first time. It may become (for me, anyway) the Terrible Movie varient of the joys of endlessly rewatching The Big Lebowski. The more repeating viewings, the more layers you discover. CRINGY layers.....Ten-der..... Ugh!!
(Mar 09, 2024, 15:39 pm)Ed_Hall Wrote: Just rewatched. It'd been a long while.

Wow, I'd somehow forgotten about the sexual sadism. Repugnant, & weird. But also: tonally? Just waaaay off for the script. It's as if our 'auteur' realized he'd almost finished a script filled with misogyny & shoehorned racism, sure; but...Where's My Inexplicable Sexual Sadism?! And then slams us into depravity. I'll say this for Z'Dar: he plays it with conviction, as always. But god is the whole thing Clumsy AF. I felt bad for all of them.

And the sexual harassment workplace stuff (where the woman cop is apparently UNoffended, & even goading them) was INSANE to watch. Like....so sarcastically sexist, obviously: until...your perspective starts to shift & you wonder "Is this actually a brilliant Feminist Mockery of Male Privilege?"

But ambivalence like that is essential to soooooo much of enjoying the singular madness that is Samurai Cop, I'm finally fathoming now. I hate to say it but...I think I was unreflective & lazy watching this the first time. It may become (for me, anyway) the Terrible Movie varient of the joys of endlessly rewatching The Big Lebowski. The more repeating viewings, the more layers you discover. CRINGY layers.....Ten-der..... Ugh!!

That's some interesting analysis. I like your perspective. I too spend too much time thinking about the meaning of the terrible movies I watch repeatedly (Serenity and Cats especially).

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Joe Bob Briggs MonsterVision Uploads! gamefanstv 522 408,080 20 minutes ago
Last Post: runrunbill
  EVIL DEAD I & II with Live Bruce Campbell Commentary Coldyron 15 22,073 Feb 29, 2024, 19:00 pm
Last Post: peephalk
  Rudolph The Red-Nosed Reindeer_720_nORM_prob3 Handy 0 1,667 Dec 19, 2023, 16:36 pm
Last Post: Handy
  Final Justice 1080p.BR.Upgrade.Multi [-14LUFS] All Tracks Fixed Handy 2 3,135 Oct 23, 2023, 12:46 pm
Last Post: jhs39
  Request: Karate Cop Dr. Nobody 2 3,111 Sep 19, 2023, 09:57 am
Last Post: Dr. Nobody