I have a problem with External Hard Drive
(Apr 01, 2018, 00:02 am)cooltwou Wrote: Well the person that said something about putting Linux I can’t do that my laptop has no disk drive at all and I don’t want to format my laptop at all because I have Media I want to keep on it and I am not taking my laptop apart either and I just want to know is there any software I can download that will help me access this hard drive

You're snookered really only option you have it sounds like to me is that you could try a boot media DVD Linux disc.  You can get Linux on a DVD and it will boot up into a version of Linux.  For that you'll have to buy an external Optical DVD drive so you can boot the media from it on your laptop.  Then you could test your External Hard drive and see if it's going to work.  If like I said you are using Windows 10 then it's not surprising really that it's all messed up.  Windows 10 is terrible and the same thing happened to me once I had a hard drive plugged into it and it corrupted and I lost all the data on it.  Good job I had it backed up so I could put all that data back.  With Windows 7 everything seems to work right really because it is the best Windows that's ever been released as until now.  I would avoid Windows 10 because it is poor and it's been out for ages now and they still haven't even got it right yet it's a mess.  You wouldn't even believe the trouble I've had with Windows 10 I hate it, had so many problems that it gets to the point where you have to simply just wipe it off and put something better on.  But like I said come January 2020 we'll all be screwed by then and will be looking to change things.  Windows 10 is a joke and it's disgusting and those Microsoft Twits have a lot to answer for really they can't even wipe their own bum properly let alone make an OS that works like it should.  Better on Linux really, things seem to work better on Linux like hardware etc.. it is just a pain to learn about and hard to set up you have to use commands and all sorts of things to get it working right but just for simple functions it's great you can run your data like your External hard drives and things and it works really well it's very stable.  The trouble with Windows is that unless on Windows 7 you're gonna get a world of trouble happening and it's sad that all laptops are all on 10 now.  I would never buy a laptop myself anyway because of that reason I'm always using Desktop PCs as I find them a lot better and easier to work on.  I used to repair laptops professionally a while ago and the number of problems we used to deal with it was a mess and especially when they brought out Windows 10 enough was enough time to ditch the whole IT thing and look for a new job because of what that OS has done.  Stay well away from Windows 10 if you ask me, unless of course you want a whole world of problems on your doorstep I would AVOID.

http://www.knopper.net/knoppix/index-en.html

Example https://www.amazon.com/Lite-On-EBAU108-E...DVD+Writer
Rodney... bad advice and still rambling about Windows 10...

.1 He can use simple usb stick, just use Rufus to make it bootable with the iso installation disk you want, very easy. No need to buy any external drive.
.2 Using Linux nowadays is easier than Windows in some cases and you don't need to know any commands, it's very misleading to say so.
.3 Quote: "I used to repair laptops professionally", it's not automatically "Professional" because you got paid for it. Got couple friends that repair for money but it's far from professional.
Like with "Professional" car drivers, most of them suck in driving.

Really like you as an uploader but you should stay away from giving technical advice's and at least read what other users wrote because there is always something that you could not know.
USB booting was already mentioned by EddieXTC in this thread.

Rufus official website:
https://rufus.akeo.ie/
I'm just telling you like it is, no need to get rude about it as you were doing before.

I happen to have uncovered some real serious problems within the last several months regarding Windows 10 so I'm just spreading the word.  I happen to have well over 20+ experience in IT so I know what I'm talking about.  Just because you haven't experienced the problems that I have doesn't mean you don't understand them it just means you haven't experienced them in the same way as me and gone down the same paths etc..

There's a lot of problems with 10 so I'm just explaining to this user about what might have caused the problem.  I know that 7 works perfect as I've used it now for such a great many years and have found myself reverting back to it more recently.  There is major problems with Drivers and things, all kinds of programs that don't work right.  It is a mess period no need to start trolling my posts just because I offer somebody a bit of useful experience in my own findings.  Microsoft are nobody's friend and they certainly aren't worth defending either so I don't really understand why you should even care what I say.

If you want technical posts, of course I've been around for years and seen a great many things happening online.  I haven't been big around Linux for a while for many reasons but I have vast experience in IT and computers in general as it's a way of life for me now I spend every day using computers so again no need you feel you have to try and "Troll" some of my posts because it's not necessary really mate.

Ok so somebody suggests something in a thread, doesn't mean you can't go over the matter again and explain in more detail.  Just because somebody has already suggested something doesn't mean you can't express that matter further.  

I don't see why you have to feel the need to start trolling some of my posts because I haven't trolled any of yours infact you are the one that has come talking to me really where as I was just trying to keep myself to myself more.  I don't really need somebody to start telling me this and that because I have VAST experience in the world of IT and maybe sometimes people don't always understand the background of a user because you don't see the person who you are talking to so people jump to conclusions.

This person on this thread is just wanting a bit of useful advice and that's what they are getting so being "Rude" about things is really unnecessary mate, you have already said what you wanted to say on the matter so why don't you just drop it now before you go on any further and make yourself look silly.
I stopped reading your another block of rambling after " I happen to have well over 20+ experience in IT "

20 years of exp and you don't even know the basics.

And I don't know why you get so personal about it, You were giving a very bad advice and I have corrected you.
We are trying to help here, and you're just trying to measure dicks.

Please don't write to me.
(Apr 02, 2018, 05:18 am)Mr.Masami Wrote: I stopped reading your another block of rambling after " I happen to have well over 20+ experience in IT "

20 years of exp and you don't even know the basics.

And I don't know why you get so personal about it, You were giving a very bad advice and I have corrected you.
We are trying to help here, and you're just trying to measure dicks.

Please don't write to me.

Congratulations, you have just made it onto my IGNORE list now.

You are obviously a troll and you have already succeeded in now in annoying me on here.  I did nothing to you, it was obviously all your doing mate.

Not interested in anything you have to say on here, nor am I interested in any of your posts either as it's all boring and useless advice.  The post earlier on in this thread about opening up a hard drive and tampering with it proves that you are stupid and write stupid things on here.

I'm not going to waste my time with you anymore, you are blocked and I happen to add people to my list who are annoying and you are one of them.  You're obviously some kind of kid or something that has no life experience and obviously you are childish in your replies.  You could have apologised to me then but obviously I'm not going to get any of that you were simply very "Rude" from the get go.

Goodbye troll, don't need to know about you anymore.  Don't need to read any of your waffle.  If I want advice I'll go and ask somebody who is mature and not you, not that I was planning on asking you anything as you obviously aren't in the "know".

You obviously have no respect for anybody you really need to learn some manners and stop being a little MacBumFace.
Both of you STFU. This thread is not about what you think of each other.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Hard drives waregim 10 38,421 Jan 31, 2019, 18:39 pm
Last Post: waregim
  Hints on external 4-6-8 TB USB drives? dueda 21 55,122 Apr 27, 2018, 11:25 am
Last Post: dueda
  IHDS118-04 DVD-ROM Drive Not Recognised by BIOS But Can be Used in OS RobertX 0 17,394 Jan 19, 2018, 07:10 am
Last Post: RobertX
  I have a question about Chromebook laptop cooltwou 4 20,095 Nov 28, 2017, 01:48 am
Last Post: contrail
  what hard drive fail most?? underdeath21 12 40,357 Jun 01, 2017, 05:06 am
Last Post: ANUNNAKI40