How to get the M4 Creature Creator morphs to work in Daz?
Does anyone know how to get the M4 Creature Creator morphs to work in Daz? The morphs all show up in my Content Library but when I click on them noting happens to the M4 model. I get no error message when clicking the morphs so I have no idea whats going wrong.

Sid edited Sep 23, 2016 18:33 pm this post because:

Split to a new thread because questions like this are of interest to other people both now and in the future, and deserve NOT to be buried in the middle of an every growing thread of other unrelated matters.

(Sep 22, 2016, 09:15 am)freddyboy5150 Wrote: Does anyone know how to get the M4 Creature Creator morphs to work in Daz? The morphs all show up in my Content Library but when I click on them noting happens to the M4 model. I get no error message when clicking the morphs so I have no idea whats going wrong.

If you mean the morphs that read "!Inj Creature M4", that just adds the morphs to the M4 figure. 

The full procedure is:

1. Load M4
2. Select M4 in the Scene tab if he's not already selected.
3. Load "!Inj Creature M4"
4. Go to Parameters tab
5. look for "Morphs/Shapes" under Parameters Tab and click on the small triangle arrow next to it. 
6. Click on "Creature Creator" under the "Morphs/Shapes" section. All the Creature Creator morphs are listed in the parameters. 
See image below:

[Image: 7cde048bf52fc080c0c9cd695f09851f.png]

These modify the body. Clicking on M4's head and following the same procedure in the Parameters tab will give head-specific morphs. 

You dial up the ones you want to use. There are no "click and morph" icons as part of the product, though you can save your own presets if you want to.
I've got as far as step 5 but the morphs don't show up in the Morphs/Shapes menu.

I installed the morphs to the "My Library" folder on my HD (where I install everything else) is this the correct place?
(Sep 23, 2016, 07:15 am)freddyboy5150 Wrote: I've got as far as step 5 but the morphs don't show up in the Morphs/Shapes menu.

I installed the morphs to the "My Library" folder on my HD (where I install everything else) is this the correct place?

I moved my M4 stuff around and made easier shortcuts so I had to go digging around for the original installer to find out where everything should go. 

M4's Creature Creator should be installed in "My Library". Everything is contained in the Runtime folder. The icon to inject the morphs is in :

Poser Formats > My Library > Pose > DAZ's Michael 4 > Morph Injections 

Addiitonal icons for the varying shapes appear in a folder underneath this (which I never use, I prefer to use the sliders). 

If the product was installed in the wrong place you either a. wouldn't have found the icon to inject the morphs into Michael 4, or b. even if you had found the icon, it would have thrown up an error when you tried to inject the morphs.

Can you show a screenshot of your content library, showing where you have the "Inj Creature M4" icon, and also the Parameters tab for Michael 4 where the morphs SHOULD be... that might give a clue.
Ok, here are the screenshots you requested (I'm new to this forum and haven't figured out how to get the images to appear in the post. )

http://imgur.com/a/TAHcC
When you load Michael 4, do you get a screen that pops up like this one?

[Image: 16f1df820e718fc14756cda665102bf8.png]

If so, make sure it includes M4 Creature Creator Morphs and that it has a tick next to it. Personally I leave everything ticked and also make sure the bullet point at the bottom is set to "Include Support for All Listed Products". 

If you're not getting it it could be that you installed the morphs but not the "Power Loader" that comes with it. If that's the case you may need to reinstall the product. 

Did you install manually (drag and drop files into "My Library") or via Install manager? I have the Install Manager version of the product and can upload it if you need it.
Okay, it's been a while since I had to set things up for the first time. First, this is old technology and doesn't work the same as Genesis and up. The morphs are done by using what they call a delta file, which must be generated before you can use them. Now, I thought this would be all automatic, but not quite. The power loader is the key to get them generated in the first place. When loading M4, you should get the power loader dialog box. Go to the advanced tab, parameters sub-tab, and at the bottom select "Generate ExP files", and "Include support for all Listed Products" and let it rip. This will generate all delta files, and load them all for this instance. Loading all possible morphs does use up more resources, but the next time you load M4, select only those morph sets you want, and make sure to uncheck "Generate ExP files" so that the next load doesn't overwrite the available delta files, since there is only one set shared by all M4 instances. You can then either include the sets you want on load, or inject the ones you want to use later for a particular character.

To verify this, I loaded a new M4 with no products selected and generated ExP files. None of the injection files in the pose folder did anything. I loaded another M4 and generated ExP files for all products and, no surprise, all were available. I then loaded another M4 with no products selected, but did not generate ExP files, and all the morph injection files worked after he loaded. I hope that does it for you (and I re-learned a few things along the way).
Oh so I have to load a new Micheal in order for the morphs to work! I was using a pre-existing Micheal character and that's why they weren't working!

I did what you both said and the morphs show up now and seem to work fine.

http://imgur.com/a/HGBUd

Thanks for your help both of you, this had been bugging me for while.  Smile
Well, you have to load M4 for the first time at some point, but if you had a scene where he was already included, yes, replace him. What the power loader does is
1) Generate the ExP files if needed (only if you add something that uses them), after which they will always be available, you don't have to do it again.
2) Load the figure with the morphs you want to use already injected. (All morph targets are ready, but the controllers aren't available until they are injected)
3) Load other presets, like textures, instead of the basic with black boxers.

If you load M4 with nothing selected, you can later add the morph sets you want with the morph injection poses. With power loader, you can preselect which ones will be loaded when the figure is created, like if you want Base, Morphs++ and Creature Creator, but leave out Hiro, Freak, Aged, Muscle, Elite, etc. You can always add others later as long as the ExP files have been generated.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Lokking for DAZ Animators SoldierBoy 1 8,321 Jan 25, 2023, 08:17 am
Last Post: CCCC
  Over 8TB of Daz data absente 7 40,536 Sep 12, 2020, 07:29 am
Last Post: CCCC
  Daz 3D/Poser Welcome & Intro Thread beaglebandit 110 273,228 Jul 28, 2020, 17:37 pm
Last Post: micasa001
  Daz Cart Trouble. kavana 0 24,718 Jan 02, 2019, 19:23 pm
Last Post: kavana
  DAZ3D content can now be imported in Reallusion Character creator 3 dahp 0 26,161 Oct 04, 2018, 23:19 pm
Last Post: dahp