Free web hosting how it evolved ?
Looking back in time when everybody wanted a website back in the 90's there was some good ones and as the domains died here is where we are now, these days privacy seems to be people greatest concern if there even is such a thing.

I know I will get plenty of opinions but currently which is the best free web hosting no matter how obscure Huh  

workerbee edited Nov 25, 2018 13:24 pm this post because:

Why are you posting this in the Requests section?

Moved to General Discussion.

There's no free lunch. Developing and keeping on-line services have costs and few companies are willing to just put a small ad like "courtesy of xyz". As the current business model don't really make it fun and safe, but focus on making money collecting data and showing ads, so the concerns with privacy and less motivation for people to use such services. A really "free" Internet should be paid by governments (like a community library) or altruist patrons, and that's hardly happening.
I don't think there are any good hosting services. Good and professional hosting services are paid. They have so many costs and I highly doubt they'd offer you something (good) for free.
However , if I had to choose one, I'd probably go for Wordpress since it's the most famous one.
(Nov 25, 2018, 14:14 pm)LockMeOut Wrote: I don't think there are any good hosting services. Good and professional hosting services are paid. They have so many costs and I highly doubt they'd offer you something (good) for free.
However , if I had to choose one, I'd probably go for Wordpress since it's the most famous one.

Yea I will take a look at Wordpress, thanks. 
(Nov 25, 2018, 20:53 pm)tops.c Wrote:
(Nov 25, 2018, 14:14 pm)LockMeOut Wrote: I don't think there are any good hosting services. Good and professional hosting services are paid. They have so many costs and I highly doubt they'd offer you something (good) for free.

Yea I will take a look at Wordpress, thanks. 

You're welcome. It also has many good plugins. However , be careful since some of them might have some 0days exploits.
My droogs:
 I am trying to get a website but am stalled on what service provider to use and how to pay for it.  I want to stay relatively anonymous and I don't want a fly-by-night company. I was thinking about using Godaddy. How can I pay for it anonymously. Do any of you recommend this? What do you recommend? 
Thanks.

Spud17 edited Oct 07, 2019 08:45 am this post because:

Threads merged.

Hostgator has an option for a 'fee' that will anonymize your site lookup (actually it will have any whois point to THEM).
For cryptos:
https://www.coinish.com/news/cryptocurre...y-in-2019/

GoDaddy blows chunks. Their database methods simply suck.
(Oct 07, 2019, 20:45 pm)waregim Wrote: Hostgator has an option for a 'fee' that will anonymize your site lookup (actually it will have any whois point to THEM).
For cryptos:
https://www.coinish.com/news/cryptocurre...y-in-2019/

GoDaddy blows chunks. Their database methods simply suck.
Coolnesses. Will pursue.
GoDaddy will hand over anything to the NSA simply put, or any other government that asks, along with thousands more providers.

I have a few I know of that are entirely anonymous and you pay in Crypto for. Give me a few days and I'll compile a more recent list if desired.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  How do you download Restricted Assets from Getty for free? Stargate38 1 1,059 Jan 23, 2024, 14:26 pm
Last Post: lustrous
  Looking for cheap hosting outside of copyright controls Ladyanne3 12 9,193 Feb 06, 2023, 20:33 pm
Last Post: Ladyanne3
  (free) NFL streams? Jman0war 1 5,459 Jan 25, 2023, 05:13 am
Last Post: RobertX
  How to get a free RDP IR0NM4N 1 7,871 Aug 28, 2022, 22:04 pm
Last Post: Slow Mo
  Can a file from a hosting site be embeded in a webpage? LadyAnn 5 12,836 Oct 09, 2021, 08:17 am
Last Post: LadyAnn