Does VIP mean you can get away with anything?
been noticing this a lot lately so i was wondering does the VIP mean you can get away with anything at TPB?
there a whole bunch of VIP here including this one https://thepiratebay.org/user/makintos13/ that goes around random torrent sites get torrent meta data that they didnt create and use there own ppv (pay per view image host),
and make money off torrents they didnt create

the matter isnt that they are not the content creator but they are not the person/persons who created the torrent meta file they just grab from other sites and index them here and make money off other peoples time and work
is in not clear enough to the team at TPB that if the original torrent creator wanted to index to TPB they would do it themselves? 

i tried to have this discussion a while back with some mod that i think is actually smart but he missed the entire point which is if the member didn't create the torrent he shouldn't be indexing it here and most certainly should not be using there own ppv host to make money off of other people torrents.

if a VIP or uploader wants to make money shouldn't they create there own torrents instead of taking other people meta files and making money off of everyones back?
i get that there is no law against this at TPB but shouldn't there be some sort of standard? 

TPB is a big site smaller sites depend of image hosts and adds to keep there sites running dont you guys think its a bit unfair when no lives come along take other sites meta data and make money off them?
what happen when the sites start loosing funding because of idiots like these?

would be great to have and adult conversation about this matter because i think its a serious one
It is ironic when people come to complain about others uploading something created by someone else on a pirate torrent index.

I believe it is you who completely misses the point.
(Feb 16, 2018, 00:31 am)Moe Wrote: It is ironic when people come to complain about others uploading something created by someone else on a pirate torrent index.

first off im not here to fight perhaps you should read this part again

''the matter isnt that they are not the content creator but they are not the person/persons who created the torrent meta file they just grab from other sites and index them here and make money off other peoples time and work''

it isnt about it being pirated content its about VIPS making money off torrent meta data they didnt create 

i also wrote

''if a VIP or uploader wants to make money shouldn't they create there own torrents instead of taking other people meta files and making money off of everyones back?''
I. VIP does not mean you can get away with everything on TPB.
II. Who says the original creator can index it to TPB, and even has the bandwidth to seed?
III. Sharing is Caring!
IV. The law of TPB as far as I know can be read at the about & policy page.
V. Google does the same thing as TPB, it takes other peoples sites puts some featured ads, then makes money. Be grateful that TPB does at least not care about the DMCA.
VI. Who says those sites will loose funding and not be shut down? At least TPB has all those torrents indexed.

Let us be grateful and appreciative that TPB is still up and has torrents that otherwise might have been shelved.Smile

(Feb 16, 2018, 00:31 am)Moe Wrote: It is ironic when people come to complain about others uploading something created by someone else on a pirate torrent index.

(Feb 16, 2018, 00:46 am)contrail Wrote: I. VIP does not mean you can get away with everything on TPB.
II. Who says the original creator can index it to TPB, and even has the bandwidth to seed?
III. Sharing is Caring!
IV. The law of TPB as far as I know can be read at the about & policy page.
V. Google does the same thing as TPB, it takes other peoples sites puts some featured ads, then makes money. Be grateful that TPB does at least not care about the DMCA.
VI. Who says those sites will loose funding and not be shut down? At least TPB has all those torrents indexed.

Let us be grateful and appreciative that TPB is still up and has torrents that otherwise might have been shelved.Smile

thats great but that doesn't answer the topics questions which is like the dozens of VIP here eg.. another one
https://thepiratebay.org/search/n1c/0/99/0
he obliviously creates and seeds his own torrents and uses his own image host to fund his bandwidth which i think is fine if it helps them give more to TPB 
but if you go back and read the initial post were as i left and example you would see that some members like the link provided in the original post dont do that

they will go to 1337x or rarbg to tom dick and harrys profiles get there meta data index them here and use there own pay per view image host and make money off of torrent meta data they didnt create

so what your saying is if a member doesn't have the bandwidth to seed something its ok for them to take torrent meta data that they didnt create index them here use there own pay per view host and make money off them?
i get that this is a pirate site were not angels here but thats just plan wrong

wouldn't it be fair to have a rule like indexing here is fine but if your not the torrent meta data creator dont use your own ppv to make money off them or something like that

say TPB made its own add company and some scumbag found a way to make money off of it which effects TPB is that sharing is caring to?
(Feb 16, 2018, 00:40 am)NikkiSix Wrote: it isnt about it being pirated content its about VIPS making money off torrent meta data they didnt create

You are suggesting the only ones entitled to make money off of piracy are whoever first created the torrents, conveniently ignoring the fact that the torrent meta-data they "created" is of content they didn't create and have no rights to share in the first place.  Screw the content creator and the money they might not be making because of the piracy of their content.  But we should raise holy hell over another pirate making money off of a torrent they didn't create?  And you don't find that the least bit ironic and hypocritical?

No one deserves to make any money uploading pirated content, period.  But we aren't going to pull a VIP skull just because they might be profiting off of a torrent they didn't create themselves.

If someone feels they are entitled to be making money uploading, or that someone else shouldn't, they can piss right off.  Profit shouldn't be the motivating factor to upload.  If someone is somehow able to make a profit, good for them.  But saying they can only make money if they made the torrent themselves is retarded.
(Feb 16, 2018, 01:37 am)Moe Wrote:
(Feb 16, 2018, 00:40 am)NikkiSix Wrote: it isnt about it being pirated content its about VIPS making money off torrent meta data they didnt create

You are suggesting the only ones entitled to make money off of piracy are whoever first created the torrents, conveniently ignoring the fact that the torrent meta-data they "created" is of content they didn't create and have no rights to share in the first place.  Screw the content creator and the money they might not be making because of the piracy of their content.  But we should raise holy hell over another pirate making money off of a torrent they didn't create?  And you don't find that the least bit ironic and hypocritical?

No one deserves to make any money uploading pirated content, period.  But we aren't going to pull a VIP skull just because they might be profiting off of a torrent they didn't create themselves.

If someone feels they are entitled to be making money uploading, or that someone else shouldn't, they can piss right off.  Profit shouldn't be the motivating factor to upload.  If someone is somehow able to make a profit, good for them.  But saying they can only make money if they made the torrent themselves is retarded.

i agree with %99 of your reply and believe torrents should be all about sharing
this isnt about the content creator as i said we are pirates or else we wouldn't be here

not saying to pull anyone's VIP or skulls either its why the suggestion of '
'wouldn't it be fair to have a rule like indexing here is fine but if your not the torrent meta data creator dont use your own ppv to make money off them or something like that''

the moral of the topic isn't about who's entitled to what  it's simple one eg..

look at the description and ppv image host thats used and the hash info
https://thepiratebay.org/torrent/2009829...64-DEFLATE

now look here see how the image host isn't the same but the hash info is 
https://rarbg.to/torrent/1ksvd9f
that means the uploader took the torrent meta file from rarbg added it to TPB BUT changed the image host to his own to make money off a torrent file he didnt create

why should any members be allowed to do this? 
you see that as good for them?
he contributed nothing to it other then changing the image host to his own that feeds him
it certainly doesn't feed rarbg or the other sites he does the same thing to
if the uploaders intention is to profit shouldn't they be the ones creating and seeding the torrents themselves?

thats the whole point of the topic

its likes you work to feed yourself and pay your bills but your not getting paid instead your boss gives your money some random people for doing absolutely nothing at all
(Feb 16, 2018, 02:30 am)NikkiSix Wrote: why should torrent meta data he didnt create feed him? 
if the uploaders intention is to profit off it should they be the ones creating and seeding the torrent files themselves?

thats the whole point of the topic

Because, as I said, it is hypocritical to demand that only original torrent creators can profit off of piracy.

I understand what you are saying. I just don't agree with you, and there will never be any rule dictating who can and can't profit from piracy.

(Feb 16, 2018, 02:30 am)NikkiSix Wrote: its likes you work to feed yourself and pay your bills but your not getting paid instead your boss gives your money some random people for doing absolutely nothing at all

Just like pirating the content in the first place. Either you are OK with piracy, or you aren't. Your logic that it is OK to pirate the original content for profit, but not the subsequently created torrent makes no sense.
Anyone can upload anything to TPB except infected torrents and CP.

Whatever rules you're suggesting would be unenforceable anyway....
(Feb 16, 2018, 03:01 am)politux Wrote: Anyone can upload anything TPB except infected torrents and CP.

Truth is, you can even upload infected torrents. You just have to clearly label them as such.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Search for an AI video editor and get flooded with shit ! Ladyanne3 6 1,216 Jan 31, 2024, 21:36 pm
Last Post: Ladyanne3
  Peter Sunde / Brokep recent interview "No one does tech for good " ProxyDuck 7 1,605 Jan 29, 2024, 19:34 pm
Last Post: lustrous
  Best Place To Get 4K Movies? Also, Best Practices? How? TedDekker 5 1,967 Jan 05, 2024, 19:28 pm
Last Post: lustrous
  Dan Hicks song "How Can I Miss You..." medina_w 0 1,699 Dec 19, 2023, 13:25 pm
Last Post: medina_w
  Does a Slow HDD mean MUCH Slower Torrenting ? FloodTheWaves 6 6,048 Apr 26, 2023, 13:33 pm
Last Post: maskaw