Poll: Do you buy music CDs?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes
40.80%
51 40.80%
No
59.20%
74 59.20%
Total 125 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Do you still buy music CDs?
I saw this thread floating around somewhere else so I thought I'd post it here.

I still occassionally buy music CDs when the artist does not provide vinyl of the release, or when I just want to enjoy it in the car. But I'm curious how many others still buy music CDs from artists. Do you? Or do you just stick to mp3/FLAC from the internet?
(Nov 07, 2013, 22:12 pm)Xern0n Wrote: I saw this thread floating around somewhere else so I thought I'd post it here.

I still occassionally buy music CDs when the artist does not provide vinyl of the release, or when I just want to enjoy it in the car. But I'm curious how many others still buy music CDs from artists. Do you? Or do you just stick to mp3/FLAC from the internet?

I can't remember the last CD I bought so it must be many years ago. I download and play mp3 mostly but my passion is vinyl, so that is what I spend my money on. Cool
I'm thinking of doing it, but so far, I've never found the need to, so I can't give your poll a clear answer.

In the past, I collected retail CDs as gifts, and I have bought some secondhand, but that was ages ago.

I mostly pirate some off the Interweb and compile them on a CD-R.

I've collected major albums if I find all the songs are what I consider as "good" and that are rare.

Please don't pass judgement. Smile
I've downloaded a few discographies but frankly, Slacker and Grooveshark pretty much obviate the need for that.
I last bought a music CD about a month ago, and it was an album by some local punk/rocknroll/bluegrass band that I wanted to support. Apart from that one-off buy, I haven't bought music CDs since discovering TPB (where all my music comes from), and got rid of the ones I had because I didn't like chunks of plastic taking up space in my home.
I still buy lots of CD, because I still prefer to rip them myself. And that I can't buy the music digitally.
I buy CDs of the stuff I really like. I may torrent it first. The recording industry
should thank the torrent community for actually inspiring some of us to purchase
the music once we previewed it on crappy mp3 formats. :-)

Yes I buy CDs.

Who wants compressed bullshit and would actually pay Itunes for it?

Been getting back into some vinyl too.
Music 
I only buy CDs that I like to have the originals of groups I like. The new music, mostly from todays artists, I would even buy or download because one a few tracks are good. I can easily say I have over 700 CDs, I only download the FLAC/MP3 files to put on my iPhone/iPad, and music my mother likes, for example Rod Stewart, Engelbert Humperdinck, and some Eric Clapton. Right now, I'm putting MP3s of the artists my mother likes on an iPod (2nd generation) I had five years ago so that she can listen to her music again. My mother doesn't have a CD player, so I went out and bought a stereo speaker for the iPod (Capello Wireless Speaker) and I'm giving it to her on Christmas. She's 74 years old, survived two minor heart attacks, two minor strokes, and just four months ago, she was in the hospital for seven weeks because she had a major stroke. The only thing that I see what was damage was some of her short term memory. Cool
It starts to get very rare, but i still sometimes buy some because i happen to find some cd that i didn't find on torrents, or because it's a rarity, or some to offer.
Actually, no. I bought (my mom did) three or four cassettes, and that's it. But if I had enough money I would buy CDs.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What music genre do you enjoy the most? lustrous 9 2,286 Mar 22, 2024, 13:41 pm
Last Post: lustrous
  Need some advice for uploading music :) lustrous 3 1,014 Feb 27, 2024, 18:12 pm
  Fuck The Music Industry lustrous 4 1,034 Feb 14, 2024, 15:34 pm
  The world music thread blimey23 16 34,756 Feb 04, 2024, 19:33 pm
Last Post: Resurgence
  80s MUSIC daddy bond 96 233,026 Feb 04, 2024, 19:27 pm
Last Post: Resurgence