Anime you've watched recently
Fortunately I dislike anime and manga. 19 people were recently arrested in Japan for 'illegally' sharing them ...

Spud17 edited Mar 05, 2014 02:21 am this post because:

Discuss anime you've recently watched or don't post in this thread.

Finished the Macross Frontier TV series, a great watch after the letdown with Macross 7. As usual, the Macross story premise lines are stupid but the execution makes you forget that. Sing and blast everything into pieces!

The latest Kara no Kyoukai film, Mirai Fukuin. Takes place some years after the main film series. Really, really good, and I appreciate the voice of Iguchi Yuka more than usual as she does not go over the top so much here... For subs, UTW's 1080 release is very good, but 11 GB eats space Smile
The Wind Rises.
Studio Ghibli masterpiece.
one piece and bleachAngelCool

anyone has a better print for naruto shippuden eng dub
from season 1 to season 12 eng dub in hd
(Mar 17, 2014, 16:30 pm)hireshi Wrote: The Wind Rises.
Studio Ghibli masterpiece.
Gonna buy it when it gets out in my region on BD!

Finished Koi to Senkyo to Chocolate. Reasonable Dating Sim anime with some twists, but not great...

Otherwise trying to look into the new season, now that so many of the ongoing have ended.
I typically only watch what I refer to as "horror" anime although generally their genres are typically considered thriller, suspense, action, etc. My definition of horror in regards to anime is as followed: It is gory and graphic intensive without it being contrived or unnecessary to the plot. It's also rated for older individuals. It includes at some level, a fantastical element to it, be it small or large. I also prefer domestic animes or those set in modern times. And they are gritty, and are able to convey a bleak or dark atmosphere and excel in what would be stomach churning visuals.
(And they are explicitly spoken in English)

With all that being said, I've watched... As of late..

Gantz: About a group of people who have died in one way or another and who have mysteriously woken up inside an empty room amongst each other with no idea of how they got there, and a mysterious metallic ball.

Pet shop of horrors: It's episodic in nature and doesn't really tell much of a continuation but small little stories of a curious pet shop owner who will sell to individuals exotic animals who bare striking resemblances to significant people from their lives, alas but with a catch, three specific rules for them to follow, which usually aren't followed resulting in dire consequences.

Highschool of the dead: Follows a group of older teenagers and their struggle in the midst of a viral breakout that turns most of the human population into zombies.
great thread..

Spud17 edited Apr 21, 2014 07:13 am this post because:

OP is asking what anime you have watched recently. Make a contribution or don't post.
/mod.

I just finished Sword Art Online like 2 hrs ago.

It was alright, pretty entertaining if I may say so. ALso watched the the first 3 episodes of Log Horizon and I think this one will be better storywise than SAO.
- Space☆Dandy
MyAnimeList link: http://myanimelist.net/anime/20057/Space%E2%98%86Dandy/

Info:
Space Dandy is a dandy guy, in space! This dreamy adventurer with a to-die-for pompadour travels across the galaxy in search of aliens no one has ever laid eyes on. Each new species he discovers earns him a hefty reward, but this dandy has to be quick on his feet because it's first come, first served! Accompanied by his sidekicks, a rundown robot named QT and Meow the cat-looking space alien, Dandy bravely explores unknown worlds inhabited by a variety of aliens. Join the best dressed alien hunter in all of space and time as he embarks on an adventure that ends at the edge of the universe!

(Source: Bandai Visual)
My opinion: This one was definitely interesting to watch. Episodes are standalone, no connection between them. Unusual characters, pretty funny and silly ones. But all in all, good anime. Can't wait for the next season. ^^

Download links:
http://www.nyaa.se/?page=search&cats=0_0...rriblesubs (Go with Commie's releases after they're done subbing all ep.s.)
In no particular order of preference;

Naruto / Shippuden
Bleach
One Piece
Shaman King
Tegami Bachi
Fairy Tail
Full Metal Alchemist
Dragon Ball....
Highschool of the Dead
Ninja Resurrection
Deadman Wonderland
Dance in the Vampire Bund
Inuyasha
Blood+
Ninja Scroll
Yu Yu Hakusho

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Series you've watched recently manOtor 337 701,675 Feb 20, 2024, 08:26 am
Last Post: qculfj
  Cartoon/Anime/Otherwise Animated Sites RobertX 4 13,641 Mar 25, 2023, 22:58 pm
Last Post: RobertX
  minx[TGX] encodes missing recently p1zzle 1 13,393 Dec 09, 2022, 22:40 pm
Last Post: howrad
  I just watched my 1st episode of the Dukes of Hazzard. soulcity 14 39,224 Jul 10, 2020, 11:13 am
Last Post: EntertainmentLove
  For Anime fans that are also Chinese speakers RobertX 0 11,274 Jun 14, 2020, 03:41 am
Last Post: RobertX