Anime you've watched recently
Kyou Kara Ore wa!!

Ten ep OVA from the mid-nineties. Delinquent students with gang fights and lot of stupid humor. It's not really my genre, but this one is entertaining as h*ll.

Been subbing it for quite some time, but we [Saizen-Yabai] released a batch today, on NyaaTorrents. Translator/Editors are into southern US and some British slang, so you'll be getting a colourful language Tongue
It's been a while since I posted here. Smile

- Girls und Panzer
MyAnimeList link: http://myanimelist.net/anime/14131/Girls_und_Panzer
Info:
You may have heard of kung fu, but the girls at Oarai High School practice gun-fu—really, really BIG 75mm gun-fu, in fact. It's called Sensha-do, and it's the martial art of operating armored tanks! They take it seriously too, and since winning the national Sensha-do championship is such a huge deal at Oarai, they sometimes go to extreme ends in order to get the best students from Panzer class to sign up. Which is how Miho Nishizumi, who HATES operating tanks, gets drafted to join doomsday-driven driver Mako, even-triggered gunner Hana, highly receptive radio operator Saori and combustible tank-fangirl and loader Yukari as the incomparable Anko Team. They may not be on the half-track to fame and fortune, and maybe a few of them would rather shop for tank tops than become tops in tanks, but once their focus is locked and loaded, they're absolutely driven.

(Source: Sentai Filmworks)

My opinion: Nice anime. If you like tanks, you'll like this one as well. Smile

Download links:
Episodes: http://bakabt.me/172835-girls-und-panzer...nhiro.html
Specials and OVAs: http://www.nyaa.se/?page=search&cats=1_3...nzer+femme
The best anime I've seen is Ghost in the Shell :
http://thepiratebay.se/torrent/6279762/G...%5D_5Yuma5
The leading role is a lesbian cyborg Big Grin
Carnival Phantasm
MyAnimeList link: http://myanimelist.net/anime/10012/Carnival_Phantasm

Info:
Carnival Phantasm is an adaption of the manga "Take Moon" by Type-Moon's Eri Takenashi, to celebrate Type-Moon's 10th Anniversary.

Carnival Phantasm shows parodies and new stories loosely based on Type-Moon's original works like Melty Blood, Fate/Stay Night, Tsukihime, and more.

My opinion: Probably one-time-watch, but still good one. I'd recommend you see Fate/Stay Night, Tsukihime and other related animes before watching this - else you might not understand what's going on. Smile

Download links:
http://bakabt.me/164493-carnival-phantas...p-ac3.html
Hi.
There are some animes to which I come back. I don't watch too many, but I stick to the ones that impressed me.
One of those is Paranoia agent:
http://thepiratebay.se/torrent/3520246/%...Agent_1-13
It's one of those that gets people interested in this form of art. This one has a lot to tell about the alienation of people in modern urbes.
Well, as for GiTS, whether Mokoto is lesbian or not is highly debated... Feel free to look through the various pseudo-analyses on the net. But regardless, it's one hell of a franchise. One of the things you need to watch to call yourself a serious anime person Wink I own and have watched/read almost everything in it; I only miss the newest BD things...

Concerning the Type-Moon stuff, I agree with all Deth wrote, and if you like that universe in general, you definitely want to try out "Fate/Kaleid Liner Prisma Illya"; it's a bit more kiddish Mahou Shoujo, but grows really fast on you. (And of course, if you've watched Fate/Stay Night but not Fate/Zero, you have mandatory work to do...)

I recently watched the film Wolf Children, by Hosoda Mamoru who also created The Girl Who Leapt Through Time and Summer Wars, and it was a really nice experience. Slice of life feeling with a touch of fantasy/supernatural. Don't expect a big flashy story, just a very well made feelgood thing with very nice animation and characters.

Otherwise I'm sampling the new season for goodies, but although there are several decent first eps, nothing really stands out yet...
I watched The World God Only Knows. It's moderately bad, but so funny I watched the first season. I'll watch the rest sometime in the future. There is only so much of that I can take at once. I've also been watching the original Dragon Ball again lately. And I finished all of Sword Art Online a few days ago. That is now one of my favorite anime. I've going to read the light novels of Spice and Wolf for a while, so I will be taking a break from anime until those are done.
(Jan 10, 2014, 20:28 pm)Devin Wrote: I watched The World God Only Knows. It's moderately bad, but so funny I watched the first season. I'll watch the rest sometime in the future. There is only so much of that I can take at once. I've also been watching the original Dragon Ball again lately. And I finished all of Sword Art Online a few days ago. That is now one of my favorite anime. I've going to read the light novels of Spice and Wolf for a while, so I will be taking a break from anime until those are done.

Oh, no, Kami Nomi zo Shiru Sekai is not moderately bad, but rather good Tongue

If you like SAO, you might like Accel World; from the same LN universe but quite diffent in feeling. And on the topic of anime based on MMO games, you most certainly want to check out Log Horizon...
(Jan 10, 2014, 16:46 pm)ConsiderPhlebas Wrote: Concerning the Type-Moon stuff, I agree with all Deth wrote, and if you like that universe in general, you definitely want to try out "Fate/Kaleid Liner Prisma Illya"; it's a bit more kiddish Mahou Shoujo, but grows really fast on you. (And of course, if you've watched Fate/Stay Night but not Fate/Zero, you have mandatory work to do...)

I think I'm done with anything anime-related with Type-Moon. Now I'll be checking their manga titles. Smile
(Jan 10, 2014, 20:46 pm)ConsiderPhlebas Wrote:
(Jan 10, 2014, 20:28 pm)Devin Wrote: I watched The World God Only Knows. It's moderately bad, but so funny I watched the first season. I'll watch the rest sometime in the future. There is only so much of that I can take at once. I've also been watching the original Dragon Ball again lately. And I finished all of Sword Art Online a few days ago. That is now one of my favorite anime. I've going to read the light novels of Spice and Wolf for a while, so I will be taking a break from anime until those are done.

Oh, no, Kami Nomi zo Shiru Sekai is not moderately bad, but rather good Tongue

If you like SAO, you might like Accel World; from the same LN universe but quite diffent in feeling. And on the topic of anime based on MMO games, you most certainly want to check out Log Horizon...

Honestly I kindof go back and forth on it. Some days I like it, some days I don't. Smile I've seen all of Accel World. It's pretty great. I'll check out Log Horizon too. Thanks Phlebas.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Series you've watched recently manOtor 337 701,616 Feb 20, 2024, 08:26 am
Last Post: qculfj
  Cartoon/Anime/Otherwise Animated Sites RobertX 4 13,637 Mar 25, 2023, 22:58 pm
Last Post: RobertX
  minx[TGX] encodes missing recently p1zzle 1 13,392 Dec 09, 2022, 22:40 pm
Last Post: howrad
  I just watched my 1st episode of the Dukes of Hazzard. soulcity 14 39,220 Jul 10, 2020, 11:13 am
Last Post: EntertainmentLove
  For Anime fans that are also Chinese speakers RobertX 0 11,274 Jun 14, 2020, 03:41 am
Last Post: RobertX